Reviews for Fathers and Sons
sylia91 chapter 20 . 3/1/2013
I think also that Dean being closer to John felt indignation at first at Henry's perceived abandonment which is a sore subject with Dean to start with then Henry's obvious contempt for hunters. Dean's perception of himself is poor already and the grunt, neanderthal comments didn't help, he also identifies himself as a hunter (and not much else) as opposed to Sam who was always distancing himself from hunting and was always drawn to the intellectual folklore. Hunting to Sam was at best a means to an end like revenge but not who he is unlike Dean. Both brothers came to appreciate Henry and he likewise with the boys but Henry's death is now another heavy guilt on Dean's soul.
irismay42 chapter 20 . 3/1/2013
Also, Dean has bigger abandonment issues than Sam, so would totally disapprove of Henry for, as he saw it, abandoning John.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 20 . 3/1/2013
pandora jazz chapter 19 . 2/23/2013
Some great thoughts from Dean.
I'll admit it was hard to like Henry as he was 'arrogant and condescending' when he first appeared.
I'm glad that at least by the end of the episode he seemed to respect Dean and Sam and what his son had taught them.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
irismay42 chapter 19 . 2/23/2013
I think this episode did the most to redress both Dean's opinion of John and the show's opinion of John since maybe season five or six. I loved that Dean had come to an understanding with his feelings for his dad, and, like you say, I'm glad he eventually made some peace with Henry too.
ebonylovesdean chapter 18 . 2/13/2013
Yea i liked henry too and sad he died but sed till love dean and sam more. i didnt like henry but he was cool. But dean and sam are the best and love them more. But dean is perfect in my book.:))
deangirl4ever chapter 13 . 2/13/2013
Like this fic and i also live the new ep of spn tonigt it was great. And dean is the best sexy hero ever. And hes perfect in my book:))
deangirl4ever chapter 16 . 2/13/2013
Love thi as fic but love spn more is the best hero too.
Stone120 chapter 18 . 2/11/2013
I simply loved Henry. His passion and dedication was outstanding. His introduction opened up so many questions about the Winchesters and their "destiny". Would Sam have rebelled against being a man of letters? Would Dean have?

And Henry's love for his son and like you said how he grew to love his grandchildren. It wouldn't have mattered if he knew them for five minutes or fifty years, he would have still loved them. It's interesting that they both embodied the best parts of Henry. The fierce intelligence and fierce loyalty.
deangirl4ever chapter 18 . 2/11/2013
Your writer and i could see this in the show. But thats what makes spn a great show cause of the winchesters. And dean is still the best hero, at first i didnt like henry but now i liked him but hes gone and i understand why the writers of spn did that. Anyways great job here. And spn is still the best show ever. Ps i hate castiel and benny and amelia tho. Dean is the best
pandora jazz chapter 18 . 2/10/2013
Great job writing Henry's thoughts.
I love this line, 'As long as there are Winchesters there is hope.'
Thanks for sharing another chapter with us.
deangirl27 chapter 18 . 2/10/2013
This fic is really touchin and henry was cool. And dean is soo great thats why hes a great hero and irsmay42 your wrong so shut . Spn is still the best show ever and dean and sam are the best. See dean does forgive john even john was a dick at times but he was a good father. Dean is a true hero.
irismay42 chapter 18 . 2/10/2013
I really liked Henry and wish he could have stuck around a bit longer. And it would have been interesting to see what kind of man John would have turned out to be had he been inducted into becoming a Man of Letters himself. Would he have dealt differently with Mary's death? Would he have been able to somehow stop Azazel before he could destroy his family? So much AU potential, so little time!
deangirl4ever chapter 17 . 2/6/2013
I dont get why .upset about the ep cause it was really a great story and s8 has really been amazing also. And really spn is always great. Just wish fans would stop complaing about a fantastic show spn and just enjoy it! Yea dean is the best hero! Ps pandra box your still a troll !
deangirl4ever chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Well like i said spn is still the best show and all the seasons were great! Pnadra box your still wrong! Anyway i loved john too but he made me sometimes. And dean is still the best! Seen as time goes by and it was great too! Iiked henry but he had to go.
128 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »