Reviews for The Eye of a God
Creepy and sad...
reindeerguardian chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
woah...
Silvara chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
I understood about half of it due to poorly done transitions and an erratic time pace in storytelling. The result is quite frustrating and confusing.
What you have done with the universe is brilliant. Ah, passive killer robots are the more interesting ones! I could never have imagined someone here would make me feel for Auto the same way I felt for Wheatley after Portal 2 (yes I'm a girl, why? xD) Your Auto is as frightening as solid and realist and I really appreciated how you made him reconsider his existence and how he strayed from his initial directives over the centuries. The evolution he undergo until he show signs of feeling (I'm not saying sentience since it's obvious that these robot already are sentient) but Auto sounds like he cares again and finally managed to feel, and that's as wonderful as its tale and deeds are morbid. Him and BnL were fighting for the top villain place, and well, letting BnL win was the clever choice.
At about the three quarters of the story I had begun to imagine you would tie all of these event to the era of WALL-E and the EVE of the movie (the other might have been another) in which you would explain that Auto actually let the captain and the mad robots win over. That would definitively have been something. Huge.
It was very hard to guess who speak when and the presentation didn't help.
So I didn't understand half of the narration and didn't grasp /anything/ of the ending paragraph, but I tied what I could not guess at with my own imagination and the common grounds with related literature such as Asimov's Complete Robot Series, Space Odyssey and A New Brave World. That helped. A little. I am quite sure I would fav that story if the presentation becomes more... more... if the presentation actually becomes structured, tidy, more scientific, /understandable/.
"Auto Pilot! Tired of the same eye hue? Try Blue! It's the new Red!" That line was brilliant!
Exists In Theory chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
I thing Korolev is spelled "Korolov" if its named after the Soviet rocketeer, but it probrably doesn't matter.

Great story about the descent of life on the Axiom, and Auto's control over the ship.

And what did you mean by Star Sun frigate? Star and Sun are synonyms for the same thing.
Cossacks250 chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
That was very good. It really does make one think about Auto and his almost god-like position on the Axiom as he displayed in the film. Some bits of it I found to be very amusing as well. You have done a good job.

Glad to see some of the old Wall.E writers still around.