Reviews for Gluttony
Zeef chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
Oh the poor boys. I love them so much. I can see this happening, not having food for a long time and when they finally do they eat too much. I wonder what Asami thought when they ran out, and if she either followed them or asked about it later.
Alliriyan chapter 1 . 10/29/2014
Wow, very touching.
lolo chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
so many feels D':
koko chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
aww...So true :)
Guest chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
This is PERFECTION, BEAUTY, FLAWLESS!
Words cannot describe my love for this heartwrentching story of yours! You have a true gift; never stop! 3
Justin Is TheSun chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Wow. I never really thought about how starvation could screw you up like that. It's like even if you have all the food you could ever need, the problems just don't end. Thanks for that.
minuteinyears chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
This review is half a year late but here goes...

This was the very first fanfic I've ever read (or at least the first one that actually left an impression) and was what got me into fanfics. Thank you so much for this beautiful piece of work :)
YinYangWhiteTiger chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
These stories are the best stories... going deeper as it must ;O;
SketchyxNinja chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Aww, brotherly love. I love how you always portray each character by giving their insights. I love it. I adore your writing. Its one of the best.
music nimf chapter 1 . 6/8/2012
Oh my heart. That was heartbreak my dear. In the most wonderful way. I love the ideas here of hunger connected with lonliness and how vomiting can be unbearalby tragic to someone who has experienced starvation. Well done.
Vanessa Masters chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
Such a sad but sweet moment with the brothers. Poor Bolin, it's hard to shove stuff like that out of your heads, hunger and desperate for food.
MysteryPeople chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
How do you do these things? I can never come up with anything to write about, but all your ideas are really interesting and thought-provoking, and just really cool in general.

I love that this explores the physical aspects of poverty in a really gritty way. People say the characters are hungry, there's no money for food, etc., but often leave out the more real and not so pretty truths.

I had wondered how the brothers had responded to extreme wealth and luxury when they were so used to having nothing. Mako is the calmer (and more mature) of the two, so he keeps a level head about it. But we see Bolin freaking out over every little thing, and sometimes abusing the opportunities he has simply because he's never been able to before. He harries that poor servant multiple times, and I think we do see him kind of gorging himself at one point. It's very conceivable that he would instinctively think that it could all be gone by morning, and overindulge in it.

And I love the way you explored it. :D

Right now, I'm just wondering where Asami was during all this puking. What did Mako say to her? I'm imagining her just awkwardly eating noodles by herself and pretending not to hear the gross retching noises.

And I saw this on tumblr a while ago. Am I following you? I don't think so. Let me go fix that.
toushiro1310 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Oh my gosh seriously another awesome Legend of Korra fic. I don't know how you do it! You're seriously my favorite LoK writer. Everything you put out is so good and always a joy to read.
Shadowsocks chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Crud... there is no way to describe how much I love this. Psycological breaking and fluff and tears and thankyou. This made my night.
Gabs chapter 1 . 5/26/2012