Reviews for Irony
Loverofallthingsmusic chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Wow! Very nicely done :)
AC chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
Perfect for Ari. I loved his quote, as well.
jacob1106 chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
this is my favorite one shot any of the 24tribute authors have done, it's very well written and it makes me smile and think 'wow all that could go through your head in the split second it takes to bite someone'
however! 23 of my friends and I had a hunger games in real life and my friend Ben grabbed a water bottle at the bloodbath and when I found him he was an easy kill since I had a trident xD so me personally weapon water bottle but still amazing chapter irony is fantastic and this is just awesome
readwritereview chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
I absolutely loved Ari. His death in Tears of Blood was so...Unemotional. I read about Moss strangling him and that was it. I like this piece, I reallllllyyy do!
I like how Ari thought that Aella was Sapphire. Ari seemed a little upset at Sapphire's death so it was perfectly understandable.
"... go for the water bottle. They're so useful, it's insane." Okay, Ari. I will heed your advice should I ever enter the Games. Although you did die in the end, so; um.
I love how Ari bit Aella and the next second he's like, wait, WTF did I just do?
"Step four: Fail miserably" - That made me laugh Ari's just so freaking hilarious!
'When asking the universe to grant you another option, specify that you'd prefer it to be a non-fatal one" - You know what? That's pretty good advice.
And yeah, sometimes there is no other option. Poor Ari. May he ever rest in peace.
AudreyAnn chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Yay, I was hoping for more Ari! Nice use of his words from earlier as the quote. Loved that, like me, he forgot and thought he could win and was excited about making the top eight! Also, sad but realistically written was that he then got nervous and scared underground. Liked that he attacked Aella because he thought she was Zombi Sapphire, LOVED the action-packed return of THE water bottle! I think that's his best ally - it provides nourishment, offense and won't die on him. I also loved that even though he didn't want to kill, the survival instinct still kicked in; the writing really made it seem like he was frantic and scrambling (nooo, water bottle, don't roll away!). Liked the incorporation of his dad's saying on Ari's final musings on death, it kind of brought his story back around in a circle to the reaping chapter.

To the author: At first I wanted Ari to win out of curiosity, but then he started subverting all my expectations and I got all confused and invested in his character. And then I got concerned because of his pessimism and low training score, but then he survived the bloodbath, and made it to the top 12 and then the top 8. This was the tribute that had me biting my nails when his chapters came up because I had no idea what would happen to him. I love Relk and all, but I just grew so attached to Ari. Nice job.
Dynamite-Dreams chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
This is such a good one-shot, Ari's an amazing character and it really shows the truth of the Hunger Games! I loved it but it was so sad! :(

Dynamite-Dreams xo
vgwwvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
Yes it is. I liked the analogy at the end. It was nice to see it from Ari's POV.
Alexa S. Blaze chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
I love the ending, Claire :) it's so sad to see Ari go - I'm so sorry! He was a great character :3

Fantastic one-shot, though. Your writing is really, really good _ you conveyed Ari's emotions so well. Poor guy - thinking Aella was Sapphire the mutt. I loved all his inner turmoil: "Should I kill her? Should I hurt her? Should I let her go?" Poor guy had his heart in the right place.

Anyway, keep up the great work - Ari was so fantastic! You're a beautiful author and should never give up ;) LOL I sound so cheesy. Point is: flawless one-shot and perfect writing, along with a fantastic character. All in all - great work!
Gingehfish chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Yes, yes it is.
Falconflight chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
I love irony. I also loved this one-shot. Really good job. I felt sort of the same way about Hyre (wanting to write the one-shot about the character), but unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to doing that yet. Still, great job, Claire.
ThornyRoseIsTrue chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
I love the small hints of humor, like the water bottle. Ari was one of the more intresting tributes, and I'm glad you are happy with him dying. xD
Yelof530 chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. This was EPICALLY AMAZING!

I love how the whole irony theme runs through the entire chapter. Because irony can seriously be a real bitch sometimes.

I love Ari for the fact he was a lot different than all the other tributes. He was enjoyable and never failed to capture my attention. He's a thief but not some greedy, dirty kind that gives you the willies. He's generally a good person.

And, NO, THAT POOR DEFENSELESS WATER BOTTLE! May it rest peacefully. Although, I loved how Ari bit his arm, I don't know why, I was just like "Oh, no, he didn't!"

Than Irony comes back around as, hey, I don't want to be killed by this axe...okay, wasn't hoping for the stranglation either! If you think about it, just having his head chopped off would have been a lot less painful.

I was so sad when Ari died :( Still am. Never will be okay about it. All my favorites are dying off. But then I realize I love everyone so that explains that. Claire, I loves ya' and your epically epic writing. I just love Ari's voice in the writing. I know Anya is going to be just as amazing, if not, even more and ten fold. Thank you for your wonderful tribute. :D