Reviews for Second to Nun
Adel chapter 7 . 3/9/2013
Perhaps just a tad too melodramatic for my tastes... Your Denny, Alan and Shirley are very believable. Tara, Brad and Denise not as much. Thank you for providing some much-enjoyed laughter. I am curious how this fic will end up reconciling with the canon where Alan represents Shirley in her lawsuit to manage her father's pain with his condition as an Alzheimers patient. It is very unfortunate that the other fandoms you write for are things I have not yet watched or do not like. I would have enjoyed seeing more of your work.
Nidhoegg chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Hi, Linda!

How could I ignore such a lovely PM? :)

I decided to comment on this one first, since it's my favourite BL story ever! (And I've already read it twice...)

The plot is incredibly well-woven (I hope that's how you spell it - spell check, where are you when I need you?), Alan and Denny's relationship is spot-on and, well, I'm a sucker for hurt!Alan and worried!caring!Denny. Can't get enough of it - which is truly unfortunate, because there aren't many stories out there. A sad state of things, indeed.

I do have a minor issue to critizise (another spelling fail, I'm sure) - one that made me cringe. The medical side is, well - let's put it like this: If Alan had actually punctured a lung, he'd have coughed up blood for sure. Likely he also would have had a haemothorax, so that a draining tube would have had to be put in. He also would have been placed on a ventilator for at least the day of the surgery and I know no doctor who'd wake a patient up right after surgery, not even the neurological patient get woken up. Mostly because the anaestetic wears off pretty fast, though the actual speed depends on the patient.

But, please, don't mis-understand me. I don't mean this harshly - I'm just a med student, so I naturally notice these things. Which also brings me to an offer I wanted to make: I don't have time for writing anymore, but if you have a medical question, feel free to ask me. I'm only starting in on my second year of med school, but I still know more about this stuff than the avarege person. Maybe I can help. If you don't want to, then that's fine as well. It's merely an offer.

Now, I really love this story (and I'm certain sooner or later I'm gonna read it a third time) and I hope to read from you again soon.

I hope you have a splendid day,
Sabine
SupernaturalGeek chapter 7 . 9/19/2012
That was absolutely lovely. The story and the interactions between Alan and Denny - and Alan and Shirley for that matter - were wonderfully sweet and touching without ever becoming mawkish or over the top. Everyone was completely in character but especially Alan and Denny; the strength of their friendship really shone through every single chapter.

I really, really enjoyed this.
ASuDC chapter 7 . 7/20/2012
Again another great chapter…I’m delighted…oh no, it’s the last one – too sad, I could read this on and on and on. ;)

Love the conversations between Denny and Paul - and of course Shirley and Alan… their voices are always so incredible spot – on. What I like the most: the fondness Shirley feels for Alan is very palpable here. (Even though she wouldn’t admit those emotions for him – at least not in the first three seasons – I think LOL) Well Done!

I was a little disappointed that Alan didn’t take Denny’s offer to stay with him, so he could care for him. :-( I would have loved this interaction between them. But maybe you’re right, after so much nurturing in the hospital – Alan yearned to be alone for a few days. What I didn’t believe is that Alan wouldn’t have called Denny during his recovery for three days – in my opinion he still needs the closeness of him...

Hm, what can I tell about the balcony scene? Only…that it is wonderful, outstanding, brilliant, funny, excellent, perfect…(please fill in more praiseworthy words by yourself ;))…I LOVE it so much. ;-)))
Alan and Denny’s conversation IS dead on to a T…it’s incredibly amazing…I crown you to be the queen of writing balcony – scenes. ROFL It’s a real treat and I enjoyed it with great pleasure. ;-)))

I have only a teeny weeny complain…the story ended a little to abruptly for my liking…because the question WHO shot Alan is still open. And was it accidently or on purpose? Still wondering…

It really saddens me to see the story end :-( Anyway a HUGE thank you for writing this extraordinary BL story…I can only repeat myself: it’s fantastic and wonderful written and very appreciated. ;-)))
Now I’m curious what you will write next about my all-time favorite characters. ;-)))
alynwa chapter 7 . 7/14/2012
My favorite part of this entire wonderful chapter was the balconey scene. You understand their relationship so well. I reread that conversation three times. It is delicious. The reasons why they like hearing the other's name were just so...them. Perfect.

I am loving this!
Peninkwell chapter 7 . 7/13/2012
Bravo...a truly wonderful Boston Legal story! The dialogue and characters rang so true...amazing! Thank you for bringing back to life all of these glorious David E. Kelley characters.
ASuDC chapter 6 . 7/13/2012
This story is addictive…you know that right? LOL

Denny and Alan’s conversation in the hospital is droll and perfectly true to their characters. ;-)))
Love it that Denny tells Alan - after he is finally well enough - he will stay with him, so he can recuperate in good company. ;-) I hope you will write about this expanded “sleep over” in a future chapter. :-)
AWWWWW…Denny scratching Alan’s back is too cute…great interaction, I would love to watch this scene in a film version. ROFL. ;-)

You even feature Alan’s vulnerable and insecure side again…when he teased Denny a little bit, he immediately thought he could have angered him once more. Poor guy, Alan really has issues…

It’s funny that Paul and Brad rack their brains how they could get Alan’s case off the cards. All of a sudden, much to their relieve, the case is finally gone - thanks to Alan himself. LOL It’s a great twist and so typically Alan…

Brad admitting that Alan isn’t the “monster” he always figured him for, is a surprise. Kudos to him…still I can’t imagine him to visit Alan in the hospital...or be friends with him…they are too different and they would never get along very well, in my opinion…

Again a great chapter, can’t wait to read more…thanks so much. ;-)))
MsDubstep chapter 6 . 7/9/2012
Again, a lovely chapter. I really hope Brad goes to see Alan. :)
MsDubstep chapter 3 . 7/9/2012
Aw man. So much emotion here. I really love all the insight into Alan you've put into this chapter. Well written so far.
MsDubstep chapter 2 . 7/9/2012
Whoa. Again, a very good chapter. The tension between Alan and Denny is very palpable. Personally, I never thought that Denny would be that cold to Alan as to question his decision to hire Alan because as far as I know he never did, but then again, perhaps at times like this it has crossed Denny's mind.

And the end of this chapter floored me. Who the hell would shoot Alan? Very unexpected. On to Chapter 3!
MsDubstep chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Wow. I am so drawn in by the plot, the way you write the characters, and the interactions between them. I got to say, I am particularly taken in by the way you write Denny. On to chapter 2!
Peninkwell chapter 6 . 7/7/2012
Wow...another excellent chapter! You have been amazing throughout this story: never once have you misstepped with any David E. Kelley character. The dialogue rings so true you could have been one of the show's writers. Thanks so much; I'm anxiously awaiting Chapter 7!
alynwa chapter 6 . 7/7/2012
I really enjoyed the interaction between Denny and Alan; rang very true. This is playing out just like a BL episode. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Peninkwell chapter 5 . 7/7/2012
Another wonderful chapter! Every character continues to be dead on. I am anxiously awaiting the next installment of your excellent story.
ASuDC chapter 5 . 7/6/2012
Chapter five continues on the equal high level as the other ones…love it!

Oh my…it’s so difficult to watch…err…to read Alan to be in so much pain - even though he tries to hide it with flip comments. Again you captured his suffering and Shirleys helplessness outstanding. ;-)

I think it’s great, that you alternate between CP&S and the hospital. So the reader learns something new what’s going on with Alans former case…and how Alan is recovering in the hospital at the same time. ;-)

Paul and Brad taking over Alans case is a good solution…and I simply love Shirleys remark about Paul: "Then he'd better start praying. Because Alan's the one who treats these like child's play… and I think Paul's forgotten how to be a child." LOL

Denny standing in the doorway is simply priceless…I laughed so hard when he told the “brother” to “suck it up, soldier” and that he expected the case to be gone when he comes back from the hospital. That’s so typical Denny Crane - really well done!

I’m so curious how it will continue – so please don’t put us on the rack too long with the next chapter. ;-)))