Reviews for A werewolf, not a mandrake
fishertowers chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
Short glimpses like this always intrigue me, but this, this made me cry. I wish something like this had happened in the books.

It was wonderful, thank you

ft
sofia.henriksson.92 chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
This one really warmed my heart! I can really se it happening, and I think you captured the characters very good. Pomona really has the Hufflepuff traits. Very good oneshot!
JustFishy chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
Awwww. That was sweet. I like hearing more about Professor Sprout, I always thought she was rather unappreciated, and so very interesting.
shimotsuki11 chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
This feels as though it might have come right out of canon. I like this sympathetic Pomona very much, and the scene captures very well the kinds of mixed feelings that Remus must have been having.
FlashFiction chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
This was so beautiful! I smiled so much! I love that it's just a sweet friendship pairing. Pomona Sprout is, in my opinion, one of the best kinds of people. I love the loyalty you've shown in this and also the attitude; showing how not everyone is afraid of werewolves. Very nice, very nice indeed.
tetleybag chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Well, here's one great thing about that Mars meme ... it makes me seek out wonderfulness that has escaped my radar thus far. Such as this quiet, beautiful moment between Remus and Pomona. Love the kindness and realism, and the fact that they don't lose their humour.
Snarky64 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
This is a lovely scene. Sprout is just as I would always picture her and you've caught her tone so well, and the even-handed portrayal of Lupin is very nice too. Very enjoyable short.
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
What a lovely moment, well-characterized for both of them. Severus *was* right - the fact that Remus could forget his potion did put the students in danger, and if I were headmistress, I'd find the whole thing just too much of a risk (yeah, that and killer three-headed dogs, too. And midnight forest detentions when there's a mysterious something running around that kills unicorns. But that's all by the way /g/). Overall, I sympathize with Remus, and your Pomona is a delight.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Maybe if he'd almost eaten a couple of Hufflepuffs Pomona would be less sympathetic. Do note that Snape did not out Remus as a werewolf till he forgot his potion and made it clear he let Sirius wander about the school _not_ knowing if his friend was guilty or not.

But of course Snape is wrong to protect the students; we all know a Gryffindor _never_ does anything _really_ wrong.

Obviously, Pomona has eaten the lemon drops that the Headmaster so happily provides.
Slytherin66 chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
This was nice a great pity Hufflepuff is such an overlooked House as many would benefit from their kindness Remus and Harry to name a couple.

Well spoken by Pomona about the condition Remus has but I think the man likes the pity and being an outcast.

Thanks for this.
HermitKnut chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Oh, this is lovely! People don't seem to write about Pomona very much, so I was interested to see your take on her. Lovely story, sweet and friendly and you got both characters spot-on. :)

HK