Reviews for The Life and Times of a Winning Pony
mlpfan chapter 9 . 9/28/2012
wow, that's some serious stuff. You've once again proved your brilliance as an author and have only further solidified this story's place as one of my all time favorites.
AC chapter 10 . 9/28/2012
I ... really don't know what to say. I had to put everything off and sit down for a while after reading your newest chapter. There was just this ... feeling of contentment that came over me after reading this chapter. Only a hand full of stories has managed to wring that out of me, and even then, I only get that feeling after reading something which left has me pretty damn awestruck. In fact, I'm still feeling the some of the effects now and it's 3 hours later.

I can't really say much more then that, but for those who don't know what I'm talking about, it's pretty much that feeling you get when you know you've read something amazing. Something that you'll definitely look back on one day and recall what a roller-coaster ride that had been. Definitely won't be forgetting that anytime soon. Okay, that was abit sappy but—eh ... I got nothing.

Everything's that's on my mind has already been said on FiMFiction, but I'm not sure why some people are having a problem with the characterisation is this story. Everyone has a motive and each one is reasonable in their own right, plus the whole 'This story has gotten so violent! I don't like it!' thing can be looked over as I'm sure it was just for these two chapters. Derpy and BF might get into a scuffle but I guess we'll find out.

From my POV, I can see why every character is acting the way they are. Derpy for instance had gotten all worked up as she is a single mum and this is very real and intimate relationship for her. I doubt she would let that go considering she's been alone and had it rough for awhile. This relationship could change everything in her life for the better and she's going to fight for that as best she can.

Dash's—well—near(?) breakdown was due to an alarming amount of stress considering that Derpy had said it was a mistake making Dash her daughter's godmother, and Fluttershy ... Fluttershy had actually yelled at her. Not to mention her stubborn pride makes it hard enough to apologise as it is. It all pretty much stacked onto each other leading up to the eventual confrontation. She wanted to tho, she really did but just couldn't do it. She probably could've if Blossom wasn't there but where's the drama then? :P
Also having Rainbow stumble over each apology was making me cringe more times then you can imagine. The good kind btw which means you're doing your as an author exceptionally.

I don't think there needs to be an explanation for Blossomforth as she's pretty straightforward.

I am glad that you ended the chapter on a lighter note as this really refreshed the whole situation for me. I'm not sure how but uhh ... that's a thing. I'm not sure what else to say so cheers for writing this and I definitely can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.
011235813 chapter 10 . 9/28/2012
Very satisfying chapter.
CSX5344 chapter 10 . 9/27/2012
Now THAT was one heck of a chapter! Excellent job on the update, enjoyed reading this story.
TMNTurtwig chapter 10 . 9/27/2012
All the ponies in this town are crazy.
011235813 chapter 9 . 9/16/2012
Beastial Moon chapter 9 . 9/16/2012
Damn these feels.
Wow. Just - wow.
TMNTurtwig chapter 9 . 9/16/2012
Chapter title is fitting. I'm so glad to finally know what went down between Fluttershy and Cloudkicker, but I know it's not done yet. There's no way this alone could have caused the huge divide between Fluttershy and Cloudkicker in the future.

Also, will Gilda be making an appearance in this story? It seems odd that a Flight Camp story wouldn't mention her at all.
AC chapter 8 . 9/10/2012
Thought I'd might chime in a leave a quick one tonight, and I'll pretty much just say what's on everyone else's mind.

That last line... wow. Just wow.

That is all.
011235813 chapter 8 . 9/9/2012

I apologize for my lack of eloquence.
javic54321 chapter 8 . 9/9/2012
Woah dude just woah major cliffhanger
mlpfan chapter 8 . 9/9/2012
wow, that chapter was intense what with all the drama between Blossom and Cloud Kicker. And the ending, I did not see it coming at all. Brilliant work.
mlpfan chapter 7 . 8/28/2012
yet another amazing chapter. Loved the conflict that Cloudkicker was going through as she realized just how far in she was getting with her relationship with Derpy.
AC chapter 7 . 8/27/2012
Mate, it really doesn't help that you write, in my opinion, so superbly no matter what I read from you. I honestly don't know how go to about showing my appreciation for your fics, plus I feel like I'm running out ways to gush about them.

To me, it's just... so engaging. I really can't think of any other way to put it. You don't just read the fic, you can really get immersed in it. Get shown a crystal clear picture of what's happening, and what's more is that you set the undertone for every action, conversation. You know, the little things; the subtle, but all important intricacies that make up social interaction: the mood, the tension, the implications behind small gestures (dinner plates for example, there were so many others!). You write these up so well is what really makes your stories shine in my eyes, plus the usual way you approach conversations which I think I've mentioned before.

I mean, who can write about the pony version of Battleship and make it so darn compelling. I swear, if I were to read a small section about a board game like that from the majority of authors out there, it would feel forced or at the very least rigid. Nope. Not here tho. I'm probably being extremely biased here as we've had ample time to get familiar with the setup (feel for the characters and whatnot), but gosh darn it that's how your writing makes me feel.

There's been so much emotional turmoil in these past two chapters that I really feel for Cloudkicker. I honestly don't see how she can get out of this without completely hurting Blossomforth or Derpy, so the coming chapters are sure to be a doozy!
WoWDecaFan chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
...that was amazing. It was so sweet it both simultaneously made me want to gag and brought tears to my eyes. I salute you, good sir, for making one of the best mlp fanfics on the Internet.
55 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »