Reviews for Wolf Trap english version
bonesteel chapter 18 . 7/5/2014
I like this story very much, it has all the right elements of a suspense novel, also I'm a Newkirkian, son,t you just love his eyes? Please knee up the good work

L& K
Guest chapter 7 . 3/1/2013
Just a note for the German: because Olsen doesn't know the person who he is talking to he would have actually said "Sollen Sie". You used the informal familiar which is used when you know the person well.
snooky-9093 chapter 18 . 1/28/2013
I was up late last night reading this marvelous story. Thank you for sharing it with us, and thank you to Your translator for making it accessible to more readers. The language is beautiful. It flows , and the descriptions and pov of the characters are just enough! Sometimes authors get bogged down with the narrative to the point that I skim in order to get to the action. This was not the case here. Your OC was a complex character that grew through the course of the action. The violence was not overdone and you didn't linger on it unnecessarily.

The wolf metaphor was wonderful. It takes a real talent to work something like that into a complex plot. Great job!
snooky-9093 chapter 7 . 1/27/2013
Again, your planning is excellent. For example: hiding the loot in the road. I do question that Hogan would not have been familiar with the term "Cockney." ) from the other chapter). Especially since he spent a good deal of time in England. Guess he never read "Pygmalion." LOL. My granddad was a cockney, btw. And my Dad grew up in the East End.
snooky-9093 chapter 5 . 1/27/2013
Methinks that newkirk is playing with fire, here. I anticipate more trouble ahead, courtesy of the German general.
snooky-9093 chapter 4 . 1/27/2013
Brilliant plotting here, with newkirk's song.
snooky-9093 chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
Thank you so much for providing the translation. I must say, the scene with Newkirk and Kinch imitating Hogan and Klink was hilarious!
literary1 chapter 18 . 1/26/2013
Thank you for this story! It was really good (:
Guest chapter 18 . 11/18/2012
Grr! You and your well written story just prevented me from getting a lot of cleaning done! :P

Absolutely loved it! :)
St PA chapter 18 . 8/9/2012
Again, thanks for the English translation of this story. Just a note - at the end of the Epilogue, there is a "The End," but no annotation of "Complete" in the teaser. I realize there's no more chapters, but without the "Complete" to make it "official" so to speak, I'm wondering if there are and will be more additions to the story. Thanks. God Bless.
Dinky Dau chapter 18 . 7/26/2012
I've attempted to read this fic in French (using my deplorable high school French and Google Translator) I understood the story but it didn't feel like reading a story. Therefore I did a little dance when I found out you had been able to get your fic translated! Thank you for that :D
Lackey was a well written believable character, I didn't like but understood his actions. Newkirk is my favorite character and I really liked your portrayal of him. I hope you'll be able to write a fic about the early days of Stalag 13 and the Heroes! We'll I'm off food's on the table
ColHogan chapter 18 . 7/13/2012
So sad to see this story end. It has been one of the best I have read and am so glad it was translated into English. Bravo.
SimoneSez chapter 18 . 7/13/2012
My turn! This is just an awesome story. It’s complex without being difficult to follow, and very skillfully plotted. Just as soon as one problem seems on its way to resolution, more crop up. It’s a real page-turner! What start out as two separate subplots dovetail into one storyline at a crucial spot in the middle; that’s excellent storytelling.

The original character of Captain Lackey has considerable depth, which makes him interesting. Sure he’s a louse, and we all want to shove his captain’s bars down his throat for what he did to our lovely cockney, but instead of being a cardboard cut-out of a bad guy, Lackey is multifaceted and he exhibits change in self-awareness during the course of the story, which original characters often don’t. Lackey is not always 100% wrong… but neither is Newkirk always 100% right. That’s just like real life. The dialogue suits all the characters beautifully, and includes quite a bit of humor, just like in the original show.

Wolf Trap is more violent than some of my other top favorite HH stories, but the darker parts are so gripping that the reader simply can’t help but be drawn into the events. I still get a bit teary-eyed at the end of Chapter 12.

The ongoing “wolf” metaphor is a wonderful touch; quite poetic.

All loose ends are wrapped up, credibly and satisfyingly, with a particularly touching moment at the end of the last chapter. And the epilogue is upbeat and very much like the ‘tags’ they used on the series itself. I almost expect to hear the theme song start to play as those three cards are turned over.

I’m so glad I could help make it accessible to a wider audience… it deserves it! Merci, Linorea, for this wonderful story!
buggleston chapter 18 . 7/13/2012
With Lackey gone-Newkirk on the road to recovery !Everything settling before anymore missions!
Thank you and simonsez wonderful efforts in sharing this story with us!
This has truely been a awesome story to read! I love our Corpral back to hiis old tricks.I hope to there will be another story of yours like this one! Thanks again!
piceamariana chapter 18 . 7/13/2012
I would just like to thank you for translating this. It was a great fic and made for a really dramatic ride! Thank you very much!
98 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »