Reviews for Wolf Trap english version
Guest chapter 11 . 6/30/2012
Story has my interest. Very well translated also. If I may, I noticed several possible misused words. During the card game, the volunteer cheater, an American soldier, PRESENTED to be caught red-handed - I think the more appropriate word is PRETENDED. I like your translation of the strong aroma of cooking that PERFUMED the barracks better, but I think the more commonly used term in this type of situation is PERMEATED [spread throughout] the barracks. Thanks.
ColHogan chapter 14 . 6/30/2012
Wow! This was a difficult chapter to read with the graphic description of Newkirk's injury while the guys and Wilson are caring for him. And I'm glad LeBeau, Kinch, and Wolfgang found him in time. And I also liked that how Carter is questioning how the patrol caught Newkirk and Lackey off-guard to begin with. I'm sure it's also something Hogan is gonna want the answer to when things calm down.
Rosea chapter 14 . 6/30/2012
Poor Peter, you are a cruel person and I hope you write more soon. It makes me so glad that fictional characters are a lot better at bouncing back from injuries than real people! I'm itching to find out more about the tensions between Lackey and Newkirk, and what Lackey did to him. You've thrown out a few scraps, but left me wanting answers. Of course thats kudos to you as a writer, you know how to hook 'em and keep 'em dancing on the line. I hope you update again soon.

Rosea
Pen-or-Sword chapter 14 . 6/30/2012
I really love your story! It's one of the best ever. :D

One small thing I noticed in chapter 14: there are no porcupines in Germany. And they are not so little either. I think what you mean is hedgehog, right?
kimkimkimkimkimkimkim chapter 13 . 6/28/2012
Before I read Chapter 12 I had a muscle cramp in my left calf. By the time I finished reading Chapters 12 and 13 it was gone.

And I'm now Class A paranoid. *smirks*

I love this story so much! LeBeau and Wolfgang is priceless.

Kim
Abracadebra chapter 13 . 6/27/2012
It is amazing to see you pull all the threads of this story together. Newkirk's terrors - whether from his memories or from his fever- are very convincing. And what a clever and witty ending to this chapter - that was a deft way way of communicating his shaky hold on reality with a darkly comedic twist. Brava. I will be so sad to see this story end. I hope you will write more HH for us soon!
ColHogan chapter 13 . 6/27/2012
Loved the confrontation between Hogan and Lackey who seems to just be learning what it means to be an officer which is not to run away leaving one of your men to fend for himself. Also liked how Wolfgang lead Kinch and LeBeau to Newkirk who's in bad shape.
Abracadebra chapter 9 . 6/25/2012
I just wanted to give a big public shout-out to Simone Sez for her outstanding translation! We wouldn't be enjoying this story without both you and Linorea! Bravi!
Pen-or-Sword chapter 12 . 6/25/2012
Merci beaucoup! C'est merveilleux! Je me réjouis de new chapter! :) (sorry, I've only had four French lessons so far and am still taking baby steps, but I think you get the message)
SimoneSez chapter 12 . 6/25/2012
This was a very difficult chapter for me to translate... not because of the language, but because of the subject matter. Excruciating. My heart was just breaking the entire time. Very powerful chapter, excellent writing by Linorea.
buggleston chapter 12 . 6/24/2012
Very intense chapter ! Not only poor Newkirk is order to see to it that both Lackey and Eberhart get to the rendezvous point things quickly and drastically into trouble when Lackey kills the general then Leaves Newkirk when when he needs the help.

Newkirk leads the gestapo away from Lackey but ending up in a wolf trap on his own now he is seriously hurt.

Lackey heading back to camp didn't know about newkirk still he should have taken the responiblity instead of Newkirk ! Wonderful chapter cannot wait t see how Lackey will face the Conquences of his actions from Colonel Hogan,Kinch .Lebeau,and Carter,
ColHogan chapter 12 . 6/24/2012
Poor Newkirk. It was bad enough to have to put up being paired with Lackey on the mission to get Eberhart to the rendezvous place. But then have Lackey panic and kill the German. Thank God Newkirk kept his head. And now he's been caught in a wolf trap and injured further. If Lackey makes it back to camp, he's gonna have some explaining to do to a very irate Colonel and Kinch, Carter, and LeBeau on leaving Newkirk out alone.
Abracadebra chapter 12 . 6/24/2012
I have been waiting for this chapter, and it was as breathtaking as I anticipated! Wow, Newkirk is in a world of pain and trouble. One thing I didn't pick up in my reading of the Frnch version was how bad the wound was and what he had to do to get out of the trap. I'm actually feeling a bit weak in the knees... Think I'll go lie down!

Also glad to see that he DID tell Lackey the most important thing - that he didn't take the money.
Pen-or-Sword chapter 11 . 6/24/2012
Post a new chapter! Please, please, please, ...
Abracadebra chapter 11 . 6/21/2012
Another vivid and very entertaining chapter! My favorite scene was Carter all forlorn about missing the explosion - perfectly in character. I found the closing scene extremely tender and believable - leave it to Hogan to notice that Newkirk isn't even sleeping restfully. I have lost track of how many days have elapsed.. I guess I'm just going to have to read the story again!
98 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »