Reviews for Flood
bearblue chapter 13 . 4/7
Profound, terrifying, amazing. Thank you for sharing this.
Ll chapter 13 . 12/8/2013
This was a really great story. I'm surprised there aren't more reviews for this. The plot was very entertaining and well thought out. I liked the attention to detail from spelling/ grammar to the characterization of the protagonists. Good job and thank you
FifthHallow chapter 8 . 5/14/2013
cool but a bit heavy on the angst
LilithRyoka chapter 13 . 3/25/2013
Oh.

Oh my.

Oh my goodness.

This was...spectacular.

I haven't a word powerful enough to express how I feel about this story, as of now.

Perhaps there isn't one.

I'm not usually to favourite an author based on the first story I've read...but I think we could make an exception, mh.

I'm afraid I'm ranting instead of reviewing. Let's get this show on the road...

I'll begin as I usually do- by talking about the writing and stuffs.

This was amazingly written. It's by no means a 'perfect' story (what would a 'perfect' story even be. A story that bakes cookies, perhaps. That'd be pretty perfect, going by my books. Maybe it'd also do little dances. Yeh...), but it was an incredibly good one. Now, I've noticed, while reading your profile, that you have more than one Beta Readers, which would probably explain why I could not find many misspellings or tiny typos or other grammatically strange stuff. This level of quality is almost unheard of, at least for me, even when taking commercial books.

That being said, I believe there were a few typos-particularly during the first chapters. I can't exactly recall, my mind is a bit muddled right now. If you want, I could double-check everything- make sure I didn't miss a thing or three- though I'm pretty sure not much will be found. I'm also very happy with your use with commas, as I've been disappointed severely with the stories I've read as of late. I don't think I've found a strange and / or wrong use of commas throughout the story, and that's amazing in and out of itself.

Moving to a more abstract field of writing, I must say I find your style to be refreshing. Usually, when reading third-person narratives, I don't get to see that much of a character's personality through the dialogues. There seems to be a consensus that the focus should be applied to the scenery and the events, instead of the raging turmoil of a character's grey cells. Pish-posh! I haven't seen a Buffy so...Buffy since I last watched the TV series.

Now that I think of it, your Buffy might be even Buffy-er than the Buffy from Buffy. Yeah, 'am very happy with that sentence. Buffy-ness all 'round!

I really enjoyed the amount of thoughts and the little glimpses of the character's personality that slip in the descriptions, I found that to be a very nice touch. Very amusing, as well, since Buffy and Willow's mind is always merry to read. Well, I'd think so, at least, seeing that this is the first Buffy story I've ever read in the history of ever? Unless we're counting time shenanigans, then I'll probably have read many more, this story being a catalyst to the new buffy-reading revolution going on right now.

Don't think there's much else to say 'bout your writing. Summarizing everythin' up and proper: 's all good, pretty, and delicious. Serve with a smidge of hot fudge and enjoy!

About your characters, I positively adore how diverse they all feel. That might sound a tad silly, but when reading a story with as 'large' a roster as this one, things tend to get a bit...fuzzy. As in, the collective personality of the characters tend to all gravitate towards one point, and from there, everything's all wibbly-wobbly. I do appreciate very much the crispy clearness delivered here. Not once did I get confused as to who was doing what, or not once did I feel that a certain character wouldn't react in a certain way, given the setting and events around them. That's very, very good indeed!

Your Buffy was very fun to read, beginning to end. First that delicious turmoil keeping her from admitting that all she ever wanted of life was tall, intelligent and red, and then, when everything went to hell in a basket(or, well, a portal. Portal-basket.), the constant feelings of helplessness creating a shell around her feelings, only to be cracked and blown to smithereens by the persistence of a certain redhaired Witch...heh. The best kinna witches.

I felt at times that the characters were uncharacteristically...wise for their age, but then I smacked myself in the head for falling prey to such a conceited way of thinking. These are young (almost-) humans that lived through far more than your average Doe, and they're entitled to wisdom "beyond their years". It's probably stemmed from the fact that the show tries to keep a Funny sentiment all 'round, having the characters acting as buffoons, at times, just to take their minds out of the terrible reality they live in. They're not really that silly, but as far as defence mechanisms go, that's one I do approve. Nothing like take Life head-on with a smirk and a stupid joke rolling from your tongue.

I very much appreciated the way your Faith turned to be. She's such a deliciously twisted character, I was unsure how everything would turn out for her. The pseudo-demon/alien thingie just made things even more interesting, in my own opinion. There she was broken and unmade, rebuilt and reborn...a new Faith made different from the remains of the old-at the same thing alike, though so very different...why's that so familiar, heh.

The way she interacted with the everyone, particularly with Willow and Angel, were also made of pure, unadulterated win.

Aaand...Willow!

I must admit, I only got as far as the end of the third season, so I might be missing from the shows, but your Willow was helluva strong. She bypassed the enchantments, dove through grimoires and emerged a Sith Lord, cracking lightning and throwing people around with the power of her mind. Plus, she did all that while looking sexy as sin. That's our Willow, oh yeah.

Mh...good mental images. Wonder how good she'd be with a whip. That'd be a fun Summer(s) for Willow, heh.

As previously stated, I don't know whether she did become that powerful during the TV Series, and I don't particularly care. I felt that she needed that extra oomph to really shine through. She already was an invaluable part of the Scooby Gang-the brain. Now? Hell, she's got the looks, the brains and the power. Buffy never stood a chance in this game of love.

Love. Such a strange, powerful thing. Might be one of the few moving forces that drove Humans to both mindless slaughter, and fortified peace. Willow got a good taste of both side-effects in this story. Love's a scary thing, can turn a human into a demon, and vice-versa. I wonder what our lovely witch became...

I must say, I'm still quite intrigued by the dimensional plane Faith, Angel, and Tyr's gang stepped into. All the while I couldn't quite displace the nagging feeling that they were, in fact, in another plane. Or, well, at least another reality. Who's to say that's not exactly what Hell is...I've no idea! Mine surely aren't.

The duality between Light and Dark was interesting to read, as was Mr. White Labcoat's torture/experimentation. One has to wonder the reason, and the desired results. Sadly, I believe he didn't have enough faith in his own doings.

Mh. I'm mostly rambling now...I should probably cut this review short.

((Oh, an addition: I'm a sucker for anything related time, so that was a very good cherry to top your story, heh.))

This was an amazing story, and a very promising begin to my journey through Buffy's long-neglected archives. Oh, the fun we'll have... And what's that? Oh, you have lots of other stories, as well. Joy!

See ya soon, hopefully,

-Edge.
bleed4her chapter 13 . 12/29/2012
Great read!
devildoc35 chapter 13 . 9/1/2012
This was an amazing story! Thank you for sharing it with us!
Eyghon chapter 13 . 7/20/2012
I think I will remember this story in 30 years. It was the best, and worst (in a good way) I've every read. Best because it made me laugh so hard, and it was funny, and cute, and witty. Worst because it made me almost cry towards the end, with Willow's illness, crushing really. I loved the way you depicted every single character in this. This was a masterpiece, a bow-worthy story, bravo, truly amazing.
Ml33tninja chapter 3 . 7/11/2012
Amazing story a bit much on the angst but it came together at the end.
Jonn Wolfe chapter 13 . 6/30/2012
Wonderfully written. Loved every bit of it.
Dorian Windslasher chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Okay. I'm reading this ONLY because you're writing it. :p

Will Buffy's predicament last for the entire duration of the story?

The writing itself is fantastic, as always, and I'm glad to see you write some stuff set earlier in the Buffy-verse.