Reviews for Musings
BrittanyLS chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
I love these! You are one of the best writers of Elsie and Charles' relationship!
MyMadness chapter 2 . 7/3/2012
Oh, just beuatiful. Thank you. I love that you have hit upon something with an original approach and feel.
Beguilingirl chapter 6 . 6/15/2012
Well done. I enjoyed the entire story. Anna's voice was a nice end cap. It's great to see that Anna is carefully watching and sees the little things, the same things we see after multiple rewinds.

Kudos
Miss Puppet chapter 6 . 6/13/2012
I really loved all these little vignettes and how youve captured each character in relation to Charles and Elsie. Annas surprise is going to make her so happy!
ellie987 chapter 6 . 6/10/2012
I really love Anna's pov. She's so sweet and caring with them both, specially with Elsie. She's so observant and I really like how she notices little things and wonders about them. I specially love the ending because it really shows how much Elsie and Anna care for each other, how much Elsie wishes Anna has everything she hasn't gotten. And it's a happy ending!
OSUSprinks chapter 6 . 6/7/2012
I love your take on Anna. She sees so much! I am super excited that there will be a baby Bates and I can imagine Mrs Hughes' reaction!

I think what I have loved most about this piece is the lack of dialogue. Your descriptions of things are so lovely that I can almost see what is happening.

Thanks for sharing!
Alkd chapter 6 . 6/7/2012
You never have to apologize for fluff :) A wonderful last chapter. I'll look forward to reading more from you when you're ready to create again!
onmyside chapter 6 . 6/7/2012
"They are so solidly part of Downton, almost like they are the heart of the place, pumping blood to every part, making it run smoothly and efficiently, without any hiccup or stutter."

A perfect description for them!

And I always thought that Anna was SURE they are married. It's lovely how she sees them as their "parents" or at least as some part of Downton that equals parents.

Take you break though I'll miss your little stories.
ellie987 chapter 5 . 6/5/2012
Elsie lost her baby. That's so sad! Thinking she and Charles could have had a little Carson! :(

However, I really like your take on Violet. You've done a really good job. I specially like her adversarial role in this, how she chose to be contrary just because she liked it and not because she was really against them. That's something that suits her. Just as much as her observant nature and then her support hidden as something else. That's very Violet. And oh, how I adored the bit towards the end when Elsie wasn't scared to give her a stern look.
Batwings79 chapter 5 . 6/5/2012
Kouw! I'm so excited by this chapter. I love how it's the same dinner that Isobel was at in the last chapter so you're getting to see the same scene through different pairs of eyes...BRAVA! I also think that you've captured Violet well.

I think maybe you're channeling a bit of RP!Violet in the 'passionate and exciting fighting and making up' but you know that I already believe that there was likely some of that in canon Violet's marriage.

I also agree that she manipulates what she can to her own benefit...i.e. the bit about tell Carson to not have children hoping that he would say something to Edward so that they could have a monumental fight with some really 'explosive' make-up sex!

Your Lady Violet IS willing to change, but not for the sake of change...just change to whatever is advantageous for her...and she doesn't apologize for any of it!

This may have been hard for you to write...but I think that you've accurately capture MANY of Violet's core character traits. Well Done! More, please! ;-)
Alkd chapter 5 . 6/5/2012
Hmm, Violet. Such a complex, feisty character. I liked her POV. Sad about the part in italics. Looking forward to hearing from Anna next :)
onmyside chapter 5 . 6/5/2012
Good one! Violet of course knows (we read that before) but I like that she did not tell a soul, kept it a secret all those years and is also kind of protective.

I guess what we witnessed was a miscarriage :(. Poor Elsie. I really like your approach how you write about them from different POVs.
18tilIdie chapter 5 . 6/5/2012
Very good, loved it!
ellie987 chapter 4 . 6/3/2012
I don't think I've left you a comment till now. Bad Ellie! However, I'm loving this series of snippets so much. It's so great to see Charles and Elsie's story from so many different povs. Theirs were absolutely sweet and so full of love. My fave is Charlie's though. Ah, kids! They understand so much even when they're so little and I really loved his perspective on things. Awww! He was so sweet when he talked about them kissing and noticing the difference.

I liked Isobel's POV too. Even if I found it a bit bittersweet. She's an ally for sure, but it's a bit sad to think how out of place she feels and also how she's never considered the servants to have such a life.

Looking forward to reading about Violet.
heythere chapter 4 . 6/3/2012