Reviews for How Zelda Got Her Groove Back
bakuragrey1998 chapter 39 . 2/27
Just finished reading! Fuck you! I read through this shit story to see the ending and this is what you give me? A warning to anyone who looks at the reviews before they read! Link leaves at the end and this isn't a zelink! Slight NTR moments throught the entire story with zelda and midna! If you like zelink or midna x link turn back! Link's character gets so wronged and degraded in this! This had little zelink moments and more oc x zelda x minda moments! Don't even get me started on the "zelink fluff chapter" even that was interrupted by somthing happening! How convenient! The Zelda x oc wasn't interrupted! Midna was fucking the oc for years and discarded link! This sucked! I hope this doesn't look like I'm flaming the creator as this is a warning! Read at your own risk.
Smeehan98 chapter 11 . 2/8
Ok, I realise it's really rude to just come out of nowhere with criticism, but seriously, why are there so many Japanese/Asian references? Why does Zelda sound like a scientist so often? And why are both these things always highlighted with italics?

I get the whole Triforce of Wisdom thing, but I still don't remember Zelda, or indeed anyone in Hyrule, knowing about atomic structure or the exact mechanics of a borealis. I half expected you to go into the mechanics of the triforce, or magic, though I'm glad you didn't. There's a difference between wisdom and knowing a lot of science.

And the references? I mean I know Nintendo's a Japanese company, but Hyrule is "generally" portrayed as a western fantasy. I mean, the master sword's a broadsword (I think) and most of the fashion is western fantasy. Admited;y the Sheikah are somewhat similar to stereotypical ninjas, but I don't understand why suddenly there are all these Asian martial arts and stuff coming into this.

All this is made ten times as aggravating because the italics call attention to every example of these things, and they're typically at points where they aren't appropriate or expected i.e. fight scenes with Sheik.

Aside from these three things though, I'm really enjoying this so far. While the scenario of Zelda trying to make up to Link is nothing new, it's done well. And things like bringing Hylia into the mix brings some much appreciated freshness to the story. I've yet to find any significant problems with the actual quality if writing, and when it doesn't descend into an unnecessary explanation of something that doesn't hugely matter to the story (see your intro with the borealis a few chaps ago) it flows quite well.

Overall it certainly isn't a bad fic imo, but there are a fair few problem I have with it which have threatened to stop me enjoying it, and occasionally even continuing.
successfulfailure21 chapter 1 . 1/12
It's been awhile since I've read this story, and with it's prequel coming to an end I figured I should get ready to reread it and drop some reviews since I was unable to do so at the time. Though if I can confess I've never actually seen How Stella Got Her Groove Back so other than Hylia any references are lost on me.

Poor Zelda, going through the motions like a zombie with no fulfilling purpose for 7 (or whatever it was) years with no real pleasure or happiness. Existing, not living. Luckily for her her batshit crazy goddess ancestor is here to turn her life around, in an incredibly unorthodox way no less.

I don't know if you plan to start your sequel to TGWTGH or edit this first but once the reedits start and TAH is finished I'll gladly bombard this story with reviews.

Hope all is well.
mazariamonti chapter 39 . 10/2/2014
Really good story, the ending seems like it was there just to piss off readers, but whatever.

Now this whole Midna and Elbourne thing, ugh. The whole thing was so dumb it had me laughing when it was supposed to be really serious.

So let me see if I got this right

-Midna and Link basically fell in love with each other during the events of Twighlight Princess - Ok

-Midna decides that the relationship would be too hard due to too big of differences in social status and/or actual distance between the two of them. So she breaks the mirror to force them both to, idk, move on or something. - Ok, makes sense I guess

-Wait a second, not it doesn't, there was a second (and possibly more) means of travel between the two realms the whole time- huh?

- so Midna leaves Link alone for 3-4 years despite still caring for him and having a means to go back to him whenever she wanted - huh?

-so then Elbourne comes along and she admit she has relations with him as a way of handling her feelings for Link due to their similar looks, eventually she falls in love with Elbourne as well on his own merits (though we're never really told what those are)- ehhhh

-biggest problem-

-Midna has a means of going to Link whenever she wanted to, but she doesn't, for seven years, this implies she thought there was some other issue that would come between them. But every issue that could come between her and Link, duty, distance, love for another woman (who just happens to be the same woman for both Link and Elbourne), are all problems which she would also have in a relationship with Elbourne. The whole thing is just weird and makes no sense, adding a whole lot of pointless drama that kind of ruins Midna's character in the process, she's smart and gets what she wants, or at least tries to, instead she knows she wants Link, has the ability to get Link, but didn't for no real reason, or at least no reason that is ever explained properly.

Oh, and the three or four final battle chapters, I feel like everything not pertaining to the battle between Link, Zelda, Elbourne, and that crazy monster man could have been left out and the story would have probably been better for it. Right now it kind of has this Phantom Menace problem going on where the final battle has like six different stories going on and you can't focus on any of them as well as you should be able to as a reader.
mazariamonti chapter 21 . 10/2/2014
Lol god, this goes from dramatic love triangle to mega Korean soap opera love hexagon in the span of one chapter.
Skittycreamstar chapter 39 . 7/30/2014
Great Story. It'd be so awesome if you continued it, but that's waayyy too much work, so eh. XD ...Elbowyourknee (Elbourne) is so funny. c: I have been pronouncing his name like that literally throughout the entire story. XD
mm chapter 39 . 7/25/2014
mmmmmm
Guest chapter 39 . 7/18/2014
As much as i love zelda and link being together, i also love illia and link
dannielovessora chapter 38 . 7/16/2014
I don't know why, but I feel it'd be so cool to see Zelda & Link as ancestral parents too, that'd be boss. xD
Guest chapter 39 . 6/27/2014
A brilliant story that was well written and produced. I especially liked how it linked with both twilight princess and Skyward sword. Like some others though, I was undecided about the ending. Maybe you could make a story following this story so that we could find out what happens between them (or not)
Skittycreamstar chapter 20 . 5/29/2014
Hahahahahahahahaha!
explodingbunnies52 chapter 13 . 5/28/2014
more sexy time!
Me chapter 39 . 5/27/2014
Oh no, what? THAT was the end? I loved your story but whyyyyy. I feel it was a little unnecessary given all the other (slightly more negative) closures that this, main one, would have such a sad end. It's an open ending, sure, but it suggests that Link doesn't return. I guess there's no use crying over it now seeing as it's done but I will say when one reads such a mammoth story it is rather disheartening to have a more sad/"open" ending. I did love your story, I really did and your writing is superb (honestly if you're not already please pursue it professionally) but oy I hope your next ending isn't such a mean one:/
Izzy chapter 30 . 5/13/2014
That was surprisingly tame, considering all they've been through. Still, it was very cute.
Izzy chapter 27 . 5/13/2014
I'm just very glad she didn't go through with it. All the men keep treating her like she's so delicate, though. She's not. In all honesty I spent most of that scene waiting for Link to walk in on them.
2,158 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »