Reviews for How Zelda Got Her Groove Back
Mitsuki-love13 chapter 39 . 7/11
I read this chapter the day you uploaded it but I was too lazy to write a comment :P

I thought Zelda had forgiving Elbourne for what happened at the lagoon but it caused a strain in their friendship. It is realistic because what she went through was traumatic. That's not to say she doesn't care for Elbourne but he is facing the consequences for his actions. Maybe he wasn't 100% himself but he could've still show self-control or not leave the palace in the first place. Also, his love to Zelda it's obsessive, it has always been obsessive but he is in complete denial. I felt for him before but not anymore I just find his obsession kind of creepy and not romantic at all. I hope he can let go of his love for Zelda and learn to love himself. His father is not there anymore to put him down and he is free from his curse, he should do some growing.

The part where Shad told Zelda Link was coming to see her made me chuckle I was like "Shad you idiot now her mind is on her hero instead of you" but I'm glad he got his feelings out.

Hylia I'm going to miss you she was my favorite character. I love how she was lay back when everyone else was caught up in their dramas. At least she gets to be with her the love of her life. By the way ancestral Link reminded me of a stoner by his lay back attitude and speech. I laughed at the way he calmly threatened Link.

I wait patiently for the next chapter.
The scene with Hylia cracked me up.
Yuka chapter 39 . 7/2
Loved this chapter
Rosa Bella Mortiferum chapter 1 . 6/30
Don’t trip microchip. Lol. It’s not like it’s a dissertation. Jk.

This chapter just made realize that I have issues. Lol! Link’s claim on Elbourne’s dick-manship really sunk that in. I mean, it can’t be helped. Elbourne is such a likeable character. Lol. I’m curious as to how he will forget about Zelda after loving her since they were teenagers. These closures are great, very touching, very human—keep it up.
SF23 chapter 39 . 6/30
You updated like 5 minutes after I walked out the door for work. I went through this whole day not knowing what I was coming home too. How you do this to me Z... No.

My stupid attempt at humor aside this chapter was pretty good. Zelda's scene with Elbourne in particular over his attempted rape was the highlight of the chapter and it did make me ponder things a bit. I can't really judge that scene like I would any other rape scenario because of the influence of Elbourne's demonic genes he inherited from Ghirahim. I even thought for awhile that Zelda would be able to easily forgive him once said parentage was brought to the light. But that's foolish. The emotional/psychological affects would be there regardless of whether or not he was himself. So good job putting a sort of rift between them. (And I think I know how he could patch things up but I'll keep that to myself.)

Got some criticism though. When you did the section over Midna and Elbourne's closure segment you included both there names in the note and the fact that it was a closure segment. I'd delete that and just include the location and Midna's POV. As it is now you've both detracted from the closure scene itself by having its coming foretold so shortly before its occurrence and Elbourne's subtle arrival by having his name also be in the POV. His arrival would've been much more surprising had the reader not known he was coming.

I also think that Zelda's POV after that scene could've been excluded and you could've just gone straight to Shad's. Some of the content from Zelda's POV could've been included in Shad's and thus saved yourself some written lines and time. Just my opinion.

Excellent chapter ZR. I look forward to the rest of it and I do hope that you manage to get it done by the seventh because I have that weekend off. But as always take your time and delay it if you're not satisfied. I can always survive on both Smash game play and FE3H analysis/theory videos until then.
Keep at it.
Ultimate blazer chapter 39 . 6/30
Interesting chapter. I liked seeing how each character confessed what they felt.

Although I'm still worried about Elbourne, his acts as king can lead to war if he keeps thinking only of his people. There is an expression in my country perfect for this situation: "The road to hell is a bridge formed by good intentions."

Regarding his love / obsession? by Zelda ... I know from experience that persecuting someone who does not love you for a long time never ends well. I think if he wants to grow as a person and as a king he needs to accept that.

He can have whoever he wants, but not Zelda and that's a good lesson of life. You can not and should not have everything you want, because if not, you will become someone you will not be able to face in the future.

Keep up with this great fic!
A-ScarredOne chapter 39 . 6/30
Love the chapter.

Well, speaking in terms of chess, it seems that Elbourne knows how to move his pieces in setting the game. Very interesting.
Elbourne Lover chapter 39 . 6/30
By the way, I noticed on this read through the writing is so much better. There is better exposition and better execution of dialogue.
Elbourne Lover chapter 39 . 6/30
This chapter is excellent so far, and it just goes to show that love is love. Elbourne loves Zelda and he let go. I do think it's more for his pride now then anything else, but he is tough. Shad was brave too, and like how he didn't do it for anyone other than himself. He needed closure with that too. Something about this feels like you are prepping for a sequel. I hope so because there is only one chapter left. I look forward to the update.
You updated this chapter! The sex scene totally different lol. I love it.
I have to mention... That ending. I just love Elbourne’s ego sometimes. Lol.

~RBM (I was too lazy to login. Lol)
Yu chapter 38 . 5/23
Smuts need more titty-action.
This is without a doubt my favourite fanfiction. Your characters and their interactions are magical. Elbourne is a particularly awesome OC. I find myself rooting for him more than Link at times. But I don't condone his actions in chapter 27. I was so afraid he was going to rape Zelda, that my entire view of him would have changed. He is cocky but vulnerable at the same time. I love that he is so in love with Zelda, even if he is a promiscuous slut lol. My favorite character by far, and I can't wait for his next encounter with Zelda. They have the best chemistry, and a part of me hopes she chooses him at the end of all things.
A-ScarredOne chapter 1 . 4/18
I read TGWTGH, TAH, This, and TCTKTP before having an account, but now I must say that I have been intrigued with your creativity and eloquence of your writing. I am looking forward to see how this one and TCTKTP ends. Your work is very inspiring.
lorulian chapter 38 . 4/15
What an update! So good to have this story back.

My immediate thought when reading this was how much Zelda has come into her own. Her confidence has increased so much since TAH and the beginning of the story. It's so lovely to see her literally "getting her groove back" lol. It shows the good that her journeying with everyone did for her and saving Hyrule from Ghriahim was obviously a bonus! I loved seeing all of the Ordon kids getting embarrassed over her appearance. Is there anyone in Hyrule that isn't in love with Zelda?

It made me really happy to see Ilia also finding a new lease of life. Her closure with Zelda and Link was really nicely written. The meeting with Daphnie was a nice little touch too. The closure segments really do well to tie everything together whilst still leaving enough imagination to the reader to make their own conclusions. I like that a lot. As a secondary character, Ilia could have very easily been left out of this story completely but I'm so glad you didn't. I really connected with her character and was so pleased to see her finding meaning and purpose to her life. She mirrors Elbourne in a lot of ways. Now that she is in Dragon Roost, it would be funny if they ever met/became friends/ended up together lol.

Speaking of Elbourne, he is absolutely my favourite character and I was so happy to see him back. He has changed in the sense that he is taking on his newfound responsibilities as king, but he also hasn't changed by stubbornly holding onto the hope that Zelda will love him. Classic Elbourne lmao. I'm glad he isn't just suddenly over her - it wouldn't be realistic. His letter to Link was pretty funny, I want to start ending my messages like that. I'm looking forward to their closure segment, as well as Zelda and Elbourne's mostly because I love them and want to see them together but also because they need to talk. As I said, your closure scenes are really nicely written so I'm sure it will be great!

Although I'm sad that this story has to come to an end, I'm thankful that we still have a couple of chapters left. Thank you for the update! I'll look forward to the next one :)
2,635 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »