Reviews for How Zelda Got Her Groove Back
Zed Said chapter 40 . 9/1
SO glad you decided to rewrite this story. Even though I knew the same beats from the original, you changed enough of it to make it feel fresh. A lot of the drama cut out from the original, a lot more communication between people, yet it didn't get boring or dragged out. As always, you're a masterful writer when it comes to weaving your own lore into the story, and it was a pleasure to experience once again. I can't wait for what the sequel has in store!
Maya-430 chapter 40 . 8/9
Looooooooove it! Can't wait to read the sequel. ;)
I am so sad this is over. I really loved this fic. Zelda and Link were both people the audience could to, while at the same time the story had action adventure and romance. I hope you write your sequel soon, but please keep writing TCTKTP. THAT story is incredible so far, and my favorite hero is the Hero of Time Link. Keep at it and I hope you update soon.
Vin Bersmak chapter 17 . 7/30
ZeldaRubix,

I'm sure you've heard this many, many times before, but you really are an fantastic writer. I followed this story back when you first wrote it, and though I don't remember enough of it to spot any of the changes, it's certainly much better than I recall. You do an excellent job of convincing readers to get invested in the characters, and are very skilled at withholding the release of tension until the most satisfying moment. I know you've already finished your redux, and I think you've mentioned offhand in author's notes that you feel it took a long time to finish, but the careful consideration you put into this really shows.

In terms of content from what (I think) I remember, it seems like you very well addressed an issue from your first writing, where progress on Link and Zelda's relationship was locked in an endless cycle of never really getting better until this chapter abruptly cleared it up. Your new? approach of gradual improvement with setbacks is very relatable, though, and helps maintain that investment because the reader is given a thread of hope with which to hold during the setbacks. Again, this is six years of memory speaking so I'm not sure how accurate those statements really are lol.

I really only have two criticisms, one of which has to do with the story itself. Though the festival chapters as a whole were excellent, I thought that the scene where they finally address the history they've been refusing to talk about sorta came out of left field. Between the intense mirror sequence, the breaching conflicts between the protagonists and various secondary characters, the need to maintain consistency and include the vices of the mirror shard in such a narrow window of space, and the seeming? desire to use the resolution primarily to segue into a sex scene, I felt the resolution didn't get the attention it deserved. This wasn't helped by the fact that it hadn't been brought up as a major character point for some time, the sexual tension taking center-stage since the approach to Snowpeak. By the time we reached the point of finally resolving the conflict, the tension behind it had faded and its importance in making them a functional duo had diminished. Certainly not something that can undermine all your effort, but might be something worth future consideration. I suck at doing it myself tho so take that with a grain of salt lol.

The other one is a bit more meta. I'm actually a little sad that the original version isn't still up to see. I've had renewed interest in reading in writing since I finished uni, and I've spent a fair bit of my newfound free time going back to authors I used to enjoy in high school. Being able to see the marked improvement from many of those that still write is huge motivator to throw caution into the wind and try my hand, hoping that I might be able to follow the guidelines of authors I revere and learn from practice. I don't know why you chose to update overtop the old story, nor do I expect you to post the older version, but if you ever redux something else of yours, posting it as a new entry might be worthwhile. Obviously many highly respect your writing, and for those who aspire to emulate you, being able to witness your growth breeds a kind of self-confidence that one doesn't get by just seeing an impenetrable monolith of great work.

Overall though, you've done a superb job. This may not seem like a compliment, but it is: at several moments, you managed capture the goofy silliness of the Zelda series that makes it so lovable. I personally find that almost impossible to do, so I greatly admire your ability. I'm aware I'm posting this review on a chapter that got updated some two years ago lol, but that doesn't lessen any of this. You're a fantastic writer!

Respectfully,
Vin Bersmak
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It had its highs and lows, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.
A-ScarredOne chapter 40 . 7/25
Wow... it’s excellent and so eloquent. I love how you write the ancestral couple with such unexpected characteristics. You have really built up the anticipation and suspense for the sequel, and I am so looking forward to it.
Mitsuki-love13 chapter 40 . 7/25
There is a sequel Yayyyyyyy!
I'm so happy. I was sad to see the story ending but now I am happy because there is more.
I don't know why Zelda is desperate, I think she is just aggravated with Elbourne and it is afraid to lose Link once again. Still after everything they went through I think they will be okay. I hope we get to see their weddingand I would like to see Link working with Elbourne. They have more in common than physical appearances but they are both stubborn I like to see them fight.
I hope you update your other story about The Hero of Time.
Thank you for always finding time to write such amazing stories. I like that even side characters are flesh out in your stories.
Looking forward to your future works
Kaikitty165 chapter 40 . 7/25
yaaaay! cant wait for the sequel, thank you so much for writing this story :D
Ultimate blazer chapter 40 . 7/25
So this is the final?
The story was amazing and the characters were very well written.
I like to see how Link and Zelda have their closures with the others (except Elbourne, but you know XD)
I'm not worry about the six months, Zelda is not the same person and she has a iron will. And Link is the hero of Light and Twilight.
Good luck with the sequel, I can't wait to read it!
P.S: Where is my wedding? :'(
Rosa Bella Mortiferum chapter 40 . 7/24
There is a SEQUEL?! Now THAT I didn’t see coming! I figured it would end like your unusual story that’s not all sunshine and rainbows. Either way, I’m stoked for that sequel and for you to finish The Hero of Time’s story too! Excellent.
SuccessfulFailure23 chapter 40 . 7/24
And so Groove's reedit finally comes to an end. It was a good three years even with the hiatuses but I do believe this story as a whole is much improved from what I remember reading before. I recall having that feeling of sadness you get when you finish a book, TV show, game or what have you and you don't know what you're gonna do now that it has ended. That's the effect it had on me when I first read it though I admit that I was a little disappointed with this chapter's length and lack of content leading into your newly announced sequel. But I guess we'll have to wait for that story to be told to know more.

Thanks for the journey ZR. I can't wait for the final installment. Keep at it.
Oh great Hylia you did not just do that. I KNEW you were setting up for a sequel. I could smell the angst from here!
Sorceress Of The Fake chapter 40 . 7/24
HHHH just when I think you've done it all you announce a sequel! Well I guess I'll just have to read that! I'm super impressed with how you edited this and the changes certainly turned out amazing. I will definitely keep reading and I'm looking forwards to the sequel!
Princess of Ikana chapter 39 . 7/23
Aww its coming to an end. I am sad about that, but this has been a great story so far. I'm glad that they saw Hylia and that she is fine after they thought she got "killed". Elbourne is a stubborn mule, and as much as I want to root for his success, I already know that Link will most likely win, given everything that has happened. I look forward to the last chapter after this long haul.
Mitsuki-love13 chapter 39 . 7/11
I read this chapter the day you uploaded it but I was too lazy to write a comment :P

I thought Zelda had forgiving Elbourne for what happened at the lagoon but it caused a strain in their friendship. It is realistic because what she went through was traumatic. That's not to say she doesn't care for Elbourne but he is facing the consequences for his actions. Maybe he wasn't 100% himself but he could've still show self-control or not leave the palace in the first place. Also, his love to Zelda it's obsessive, it has always been obsessive but he is in complete denial. I felt for him before but not anymore I just find his obsession kind of creepy and not romantic at all. I hope he can let go of his love for Zelda and learn to love himself. His father is not there anymore to put him down and he is free from his curse, he should do some growing.

The part where Shad told Zelda Link was coming to see her made me chuckle I was like "Shad you idiot now her mind is on her hero instead of you" but I'm glad he got his feelings out.

Hylia I'm going to miss you she was my favorite character. I love how she was lay back when everyone else was caught up in their dramas. At least she gets to be with her the love of her life. By the way ancestral Link reminded me of a stoner by his lay back attitude and speech. I laughed at the way he calmly threatened Link.

I wait patiently for the next chapter.
2,649 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »