Reviews for Worse Than Death
lowi chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Woah, this was dark! You wrote it incredibly well, it gave me so many chills.

I think you wrote Petunia really well, also, she felt so true to her character, all the way through this piece.

Overall, I found this to be extremely well written - and I'm still shivering a bit.

Great work!
the lola chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
Wow, this is... awful. In a good way, obviously - good writing, but wow. Horrific. Chilling. Amazing the characterization that you gave Petunia, and how I actually felt a lot for her. Rastaban was so fantastic in this piece because he really had that psychotic-yet-charming killer air which made him so utterly creepy but still a delight to read.
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Poor Petunia... You really are cruel with your characters, aren't you?
But I really liked this. It was amazingly well written, and I really think you depicted Rabastan and Petunia's thoughts and personality well in this.
Great job!
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
A very good characterization of Petunia: considering being a wizard just to find out what was going on (she's so nosy!), her hatred of their living conditions/location, using her connection with Harry to benefit herself (I hated that! In the best way, of course), her despair and hopelessness during and after the rape, and especially that fleeting thought of Lily when contemplating death. This is also all the reasons we hate the Death Eaters-the sadism, the mind games, the violence, the pathological selfishness.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
I feel terrible for Petunia, and that doesn't usually happen - I didn't like her very much in canon, or in fanfiction, but in this fic I really feel horrified at what she went through. Her emotions, and the way she acts, seem to be very realistic for this sort of situation, and I would say that her characterization here fits in with canon. I think you handled the dark themes and topics of this fic very well, also. You characterized Rabastan very well, also, and you made me absolutely despise him in this fic. You did a really good job with this, despite the subject matter.
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
This was absolutely awful (i.e. the events) and your writing conveys that wonderfully. You've done a great job of giving me some sympathy for Petunia.
Skettimon chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Well. This was absolutely disgusting. And horrific. I still liked it; your style of writing is very good.

Rape isn't my forte, seeing as I've BEEN raped before. /

I wish I could say more, but I honestly don't know how I feel about this story.
TuesdayNovemberLizzieSexy chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Oh my god, Gamma. This was horrific. Petunia is pretty unsympathetic in canon, but really, how could my heart not break for her here? Fate worse than death indeed!

And Rabastan. So ... fuck, he's almost charming, isn't he? In the worst possible way, of course, but still charming. That's really what makes it disturbing.

That and the fact that ooh la la, for once you didn't write it as smut (Petunia didn't want it! But Rabastan was so sexy! And then shhe did want it! :P [I admit I was expecting something like that])

In any case, this was disturbing and unpleasant, and the ending was brilliant. Though all that smirking is really more Malfoy territory, isn't it? :P

And also, just the randomest little note ever, but if you're boiling vegetables, there's no way that they'd burn, lol.

ANYWAY. This was awful and I really liked it. :)
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
So I'm procrastinating here XD

Wow! Okay first! Petunia I always used hate her, but then some stories in here made me understand her? But ugh Vernon will forever be the hated uncle! grr so I was happy he was dead! Woo

ANd Rabastan, wow, wow, wow! Loved him in this, he was NOT weak and ill, he truly was a great D.E and ahh so attractive, in a sick way XD And father was there :)

Every sentence that came out of Rabastan made me believe that he grew up and made me love him more, I'm going crazy! But it does. This sentence:/"You see? She is rather pretty, like this..." Rabastan purred. "Then again, everyone is... everyone is pretty when they're bent over for us..."/ Really good!

Question! So even Bella winced as Petunia screamed when Rab raped her?

AND OMG! THE END! WAS SO FREAKING GOOD! It's definitely going in my Head!CanonLV winning :D

P.S. I'm sick I know, but aren't we all? ;)

Much love!

C.G.
Inkfire chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Well, this was gloomy… Petunia's character was very well described, and Rabastan chilled me. The rape was very striking as well P
FeyFaerie chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
That was...odd... o_o

Well done though. But I am having to try and visualise someone different to the actress that plays Petunia, haha. Especially since you've made Rabastan so pretty...