Reviews for Mommy Dearest
Guest chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
PrincessLazyPants chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
I loved this. Absolutely loved it. You made a great point with the fact that merchant families rarely get called. Wonderful work!
schur655 chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
The mother I actually understand, don't like her but get it. The father remains a mystery too me on so many levels.
Mockingjay Rue chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
This explains... EVERYTHING.
cassieerin chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Totally read it in the wrong order - but brilliant! :D
SabreDae chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Ooh, I loved the little backstory you gave about why Peeta's mother is so cold and heartless. I could just imagine as I was reading this that she held a rather large crush on Peeta's father when they were teenagers or something but he always liked Mrs Everdeen and then just settled for her. And you had a really nice twist with the secret tesserae. It's a good job Peeta's father was so nice, really, otherwise Katniss and Peeta would probably have both died in the Games.
MalTease chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Wow this was great! And yes I do see the connection with my story :). Poor Peeta, your Mrs Mellark is so mean! Her betrayal with the tessarae is pure evil. Heartless!
PTPT chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Yaaaay! Haha that end made me so happy. Write more! I'd love to see the family's reactions to the interviews, and Peeta's joining the careers.
LizaLovesPeeta chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
What a despicable woman! Arghhhhh. So cold and heartless. !
salanderjade chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Your Mrs. Mellark is an absolute witch-cold-hearted, practical and logical..but still a witch.

The odds of both Prim and Peeta getting chosen were astronomical...I like how you pointed that out. I also like the reasoning behind her choice-however misguided..the bakery couldn't have supported three families. I disagree with her on Peeta's only recourse being the mines. He could have married someone like Delly whose father had a trade that he could have apprenticed under. But...his love of Katniss had to be maybe she wasn't too far off the beam after all.

I loved the reaction to Peeta at the tribute parade. He never was an underdog..not by a long shot. He was the architect of the grand star-crossed lovers strategy. Katniss might have never gotten the bow and then gotten away without him. My jaw dropped at her signing him up for tesserae...what an absolute horror of a woman! You've made me hate her all the more. Well done.
JocyACullen chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Oh my god...shes a bitch! I would love to read something about peeta's homecoming after the his parents and brothers react about coming home with a fiancee..can you please,pretty please write something about that? I just love your characterization and it wouldn't feel right in another story :/
PeskyPearl chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
I REALLY need to read the other two books, now...
Last time I read this book was wwwaaayyyy back in August. I have the memory of a squirrel. ;P
I LUB IT! *glomps* I just love how Peeta's dad has faith in him (and, considering what happens at the end..), and how his mom wants him to have a "quick, honorable death in the arena instead of withering to nothing in a hole". I'd copy and paste all of my favorite parts, but I'd just copy and paste everything. XD
Now, if you'll ex-squeeze me, I'm gonna go read any other Hunger Games fic you had in your insane mind. ;D
IsItJustMe14 chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
Amazing! I love to read stories about Peeta's family, and this one is just awesome! D
MissLevinLover chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Damn! If only I had known about this sooner!

In both fandoms you write for, you have an amazing way of capturing everything that is going on. Whether it be through the description of facial expressions or the vocabulary you use.

You have delved into a plot that I had never seen coming, even after reading the book like 5 times. You gave these such minute characters in the whole story their own background.

Once again, you have blown me away. Well done!

SamAnne112 chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
THIS. WAS. AMAZING. Mommy Dearest, I love the title! No wire coat hangers, mommy! Haha, anyway, good story.