Reviews for Entropy
Guest chapter 3 . 8/1/2012
this is really good, and unusaul, in a positive way. I think this may be my new fav. story, ) hope you keep at it, eagerly awaiting new chapter.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/13/2012
Oooh, I really like this. Obviously Wesker and Birkin are the main characters here, but if I had to choose something that really makes this story for me, it would be Annette. She's such a perfect insight into Umbrella, especially in this chapter, where you can see that Umbrella's getting its hooks in her. Watching her descent will be really interesting, since you've done so well portraying her as normal, relatively well-adjusted (except for the whole not-caring, which is a great seed for later), and even a little bit kind.

I might be biased. I'm really interested in the Birkins, but Annette seems particularly rare to find, and particularly interesting when I find her.

What's really fun - aside from seeing Umbrella's inner workings, which is ALWAYS FUN - is the way you see each character played out so nicely - Spencer, "Gail", Christine, and so on. I like Christine Henri (for some reason I always imagined that the Christine in the files somehow morphed into/was retconned into Four-Eyes Christine, but that's a subject for another fanfiction) *a lot*. The roomies thing seems a little farfetched, but I like it, and I'm getting the vibe that Annette got the job after meeting her roommate.

The scene with the girl in the room was a great character moment - for Annette, experiencing it, but also for establishing Wesker and Birkin further. Uuugh, I just love all the little details. Annette's student loans, Birkin burning stuff in the oven (and being paranoid about buying too many notebooks - can you say crazy?), everything. You can see so well how everyone's going to eventually go crazy.
Riot Siren chapter 3 . 7/2/2012
The plot thicks!

By and large, I enjoyed Annette's back-and-forth with Christine, who is sounding more and more psycho. Did you say she had...red hair maybe? Also, this "Tory" friend they're talking about sounds like a total size queen. ;-) One quibble that probably only matters to me: This was 1980. The gals simply would not be so blase about the prospect of Wesker and Birkin being gay. Stonewall was a mere 10 years before this and gay culture was still very much on the fringes. Maybe they would skirt the idea, but neither of them would be close to comfortable with it.

Annette's conflicted feelings about Birkin are interesting. So she's a high-functioning sociopath? I can see that. I'm just not clear on whether her confusion about Birkin stems from her own emotional issues, her doubts about his sexuality, or both.

Interesting that violence and death are already so normal for the Dynamic Duo. They're presenting themselves as a united front to their colleagues - again, something that, given the era, they may have been more low-key about. And now Annette's drawn into the web...
sad little tiger chapter 2 . 6/16/2012
Hey Tor - Great job on this chapter. I loved the atmosphere of it, from Spencer's Playboy-esque "office" to Birkins pathetic flat. There is this sort of tension between all of the scenes... sort of like a movie you're uncomfortable to watch, but you watch it anyway(the best example I can come up with off the top of my head - that you probably know of - is that basement bar scene in Inglorious Basterds). Your ambience in this particular piece is ugly and it's creepy, and I'm not exactly sure why it bothers me so much. It worries me, a lot, and I love it for that. Rarely do I feel on-edge about fanfics.

Can I also say I'm so glad someone sees Alex Wesker as the bitter, dumber brother? Thank you! He will forever be, in my mind, the stupid Wesker that had to resort to "breaking necks" for a living. And I always enjoy seeing a male incarnation of Alex - the female version seems to be all the rage nowadays.

As can expected from you, the writing itself is impeccable and flows so well. Dialogue is a strong point for you - it's always spot-on.

I seriously adore this story. I cannot wait for you to update.
netherlady chapter 2 . 6/15/2012
Seems promising!

Update pls...
netherlady chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
Those two are perfect together since I can't see Wesker trusts anyone in Umbrella except for Birkin.

'William wondered at what point in his life a promise to not kill him became the benchmark of a successful friendship.' I loved this line since it perfectly reflects the dark nature of their professional life in Umbrella.

Keep writing about those two prior RE1 please!
Riot Siren chapter 2 . 6/14/2012
Well, this chapter certainly sucked me in. Spencer's just okay with everything, isn't he? Of course he's an Ayn Rand fan. Of course. And Jenny the night nurse! Aww. Eww.

More Christine, please. She's so 80's! I imagine her with big hair and shoulder pads to compensate for her height.

And then things...get...weird. I think I was almost as surprised as Birkin. What's Wesker playing at? Do all dudes make out with their best guy friends when we girls aren't around? (Answer: I hope so)

I noticed a few little grammatical things, but it's just the usual nit-picking.
Riot Siren chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
I'm a little sad that we're not getting the AU story, but this is a strong start.

I like how Wesker is the one pushing Birkin to do all these things outside his comfort zone. Maybe his conscience will get the better of him eventually?

And maybe we'll meet a certain somebody's mom along the way? (Oh please oh please oh please)

"Alright, we'll talk about Ebola later?"

Because that is a normal thing that normal people do. Crazies. XD
Saint Sentiment chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Hey, Tori.

I liked the Bible verse. The sonorous tone of scripture is always good for setting the mood. And I liked the interaction between Wesker and Birkin. We've been seeing them two together a lot more these days, I think, which is good.

I'll be on the lookout for a new chapter. Until then! :3