Reviews for Not a Flicker
toushiro1310 chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Wow what a great idea! I really love the writing style. Very beautiful.
Velkyn Karma chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
This one intrigued me enough to come back and find it again. A bit difficult to follow at first, but based on your author's note at the end, that's sort of the point. And admittedly, since it appears to sort-of be from Mako's point of view, and he's not doing so well at the moment, convoluted makes sense. It's closer to a stream-of-consciousness narrative, which is nice.

It was also kinda fun to try and pull apart the sentences, figure out what was going on in this twisted mess.

The parts that hit me the most were the references to Bolin, though. Poor guy...I can't imagine what he'd do if something like this happened to Mako. It's bad enough to imagine Mako dying on him, but that'd be a quick sever; painful, but over. This, I think, would be infinitely worse-still having your brother "alive," but not really there. "Lights on, but nobody home," in effect. It'd have to be extremely painful to try and take care of him after that...and Bolin WOULD, the brothers would never abandon each other...but painful, to just...not have the same brother anymore, especially after you looked up to him so much.

Depressing. But intriguing.