Reviews for Impending Nuptials
NJHarris chapter 5 . 3/24/2014
I really like Mindy's dream sequences. I love how its her way of being able to "talk" to her Father, and allow her to get his own personal view on how far she's come. But again with it being all in her mind, this is what she only hopes he would say. That he would say "I just want to say that I love you and that you're making the right decision and you have my wholehearted approval and blessing." Even though we would never know his true feelings towards Mindy ever getting married. We know that her happiness is what would matter the most to him. That Dave is the one person she loves the most, and wants nothing more than to spend the rest of her life with him. As her Father, how could he deny her happiness.
He would also be able to see what the priest does "I have yet to see a relationship as strong and as loving as theirs." The priest even went so far as to use the word "soulmate", which shows just how perfect these two are for one another.
There isn't a great deal I can comment on about the wedding itself, haha! I mean I've been to them, but have yet to get married myself. But from what I've read, these two are a perfect match. There's no other way to look at it. Obviously from the beginning I was a little hesitant, namely the events of "Afterglow", but they've come a long way from back then. Dave has finally been able to see that his future with Mindy has "already been written", he just needed to give her the ring to take the final step for their future.
A great chapter! A little long from all the priest's dialogue, but still great nonetheless! Cannot wait for the next chapter!
NJHarris chapter 4 . 3/24/2014
I can't even imagine the fear running through Marty's mind when he woke up. That not only is Dave missing, along with Riley, but if Mindy were to find out. If 'the Hit Girl' were to find out that Dave may have very well slept with Riley, which I doubted 100%, he wouldn't last the rest of the day, courtesy of his wife to be. Haha! The fact is, that is more than likely what would happen. I can't see Marty or Todd getting the same treatment, but they wouldn't be let off that easy! I love how Todd is still so mellow about it all, then again he did just have a threesome with one of Riley's old roommates, and his best friend. He's probably too "On top of the world" to give a shit where Dave is right now, haha!
I love how the reason behind their near decade engagement is because Dave was afraid. I honestly can't believe that he thought this "That, ultimately, my love, our love, just wasn't enough for her? I couldn't stand to be the one holding her feet to the ground when she was born to fly." As great a line as this is, it's fucking ridiculous that he thought it! If Mindy were "bored" of their relationship he would know it. Mindy isn't exactly the one to sugar coat things. If she had had enough of their relationship she would have jumped ship. "she looked at me, her beautiful blue eyes shining with that same love, joy, and adoration that I saw in them when she was 11" What I loved even more, is how all it took for Dave to realise just how ridiculous is fear was, is because of the way she looked up at him. That in her eyes, he still saw the girl that fell in love with him all those years ago, and that was never going to change. They already had everything that made them the married couple he wanted to be, except a damn wedding date!
Loved this chapter! Loving this story too! Cannot wait to read the next chapter!
NJHarris chapter 3 . 3/24/2014
Riley just writes her own rules doesn't she! She certainly knows what she wants, and knows that she can't have him regardless of how she feels. "After tomorrow, your heart, mind, and soul will belong to Mindy forever more," I have to say this was a beautiful line! Riley's fully aware that Dave loves Mindy, and nothing will ever change that. But all she wants is her final night where Dave hasn't given everything to Mindy. "I just want one last night where you're mine and mine alone." Is this Riley letting her true feelings be heard, or the thought of losing any chance of sleeping with him again has made her want him more? Either way, Dave didn't exactly try is hardest to get her off his lap. Bad Dave!
I bet seeing Angela, Jessi and Mindy, in costume, singing karaoke would have been a sight to see, haha! Thank god Dillon captured it all on camera! As well as members of their cheer leading team being in the audience too! Haha!
Todd and Marty...you lucky bastards! Haha! Oh that's right you forgot about Dave who's being straddled by Riley! Haha!
Wow, Mindy's certainly been busy! Joined the academy, passed but left the force, is a "bale enforcement agent", and is training for a "modern pentathlon", but still has the nerve to say "It's nothing, really" haha, gotta love how cocky Mindy is without really meaning too! It just makes her such a great character.
This is such a great chapter! I'm loving this story! Haha!
NJHarris chapter 2 . 3/24/2014
Now those were two awesome sounding "Phase One's" of their "last night in freedom".
When I was reading the "Hens" section, I originally thought they were perhaps playing a video game, or arcade game. But for it to be "The Zombie Apocalypse Experience" was even better! Now that's a way for Mindy to spend the beginning of her night. With two of her best friends, gun in hand, and accompanied by the hilarious banter between friends. Haha! I loved it!
But of course, Riley took it to the next level for Dave's. haha! Not only did they end up at a strip club, which she not only frequents but has been offered a job at continuously, she gets to have her fun without breaking any of Mindy's rules for the night, haha! There's no way in hell Dave's gunna forget this night, and I don't think Mindy would ever forgive Riley if she finds out. Haha! She'll dive straight for her "rusty fish hook" and be after Riley like the psychopaths she's taken down over the years! Haha!
Loved this chapter! Both nights are going to be memorable for these two. What great friends they have, haha! Can't wait to read their "Phase Two's"!
NJHarris chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
Haha, I love Mindy's frustration at getting her married name just right. She will have to live with it for the rest of her life, so she's gotta get it right! I can't see Dace taking her name though, even if he just teased her about it, haha! It'll come to her.
Gotta say I love the idea of these two living together. As well as giving it time before deciding to get married. But all that "they're not ready" rambling aside from when I read "Afterglow", now they're old enough and see themselves as ready I take this next step, how the hell could I not be happy about it?!
I love how Riley is Dave's "quote-unquote, best man," and Mindy's comment was not only hilarious "She better not be the stripper.", but knowing just who Riley is, I wouldn't put it passed Riley to have at least thought about it, haha! I think Mindy would go a little further than "circumcise her with a rusty fishhook.", and I certainly wouldn't put it passed Mindy to exact revenge on Riley if she did, haha!
"Mindy, we're superheroes. What could possibly happen that we aren't prepared for?" Ha! Famous last words Dave!
Love the opening chapter! I can't wait to read on about how their respective nights out went!
Mr. Atrocious chapter 5 . 12/10/2013
It took me a while to read this, but it was nice. I'll wait until the next one to give any extensive thoughts.

Mr. A
RobGill chapter 5 . 11/27/2013
Hmm, what is it with Mindy and yet another weird dream about Hell and flashy sports cars? Not a sappy Big Daddy "reunion," as in the Hit-Girl comic, but it is surreal, nevertheless.

No big thoughts on the ceremony itself, although all seems to be in order, and despite the priest's concerns about numerous instances of marital incompatibility, this *is* a union of souls who definitely have business being together.

As someone who has yet to read a single volume of material by Spider Robinson, however, it might help if I was aware of the circumstances under which he used that quote.

Another chapter? Wellll, OK, I'd like to see what you have in mind for the conclusion. Not trying to rush you, of course, but I'd thought this was the conclusion.

And, yes, the KA#2 trade is definitely sub-par. The film, though (mercifully) improves upon it in ways that can't be revealed without spoilers. Which reminds me; I'd better get to Best Buy, and reserve that DVD, before the December 17th release. Logging off...
TM chapter 5 . 11/26/2013
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that isn't the real ceremony. You must be teasing us with that...
MMPRFansince93 chapter 5 . 11/26/2013
Don't get me wrong. I kinda like this installment, but it just drug ON and ON.
WhiteTigerLilly chapter 5 . 11/26/2013
I am a christian... Not catholic, but christian nonetheless. And you reminded me with this of why weddings and I have a love hate relationship. I've only been to like 4-5 that I can remember but the droning on and on is ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I still kinda liked it but more prep and less ceremony would have been awesome.
The Dark Eccentric chapter 5 . 11/26/2013
Well, as a non-Christian i must say i found that nearly unbearable.
Aside from that though. I enjoyed that first bit with Mindy's dream(?). And what is a "milk" bath?
Also liked the last bit where Mindy launched herself at Dave when the priest said "you may kiss the bride".
Ibskib chapter 5 . 11/26/2013
I must admit that except for the first part, and the very end, I skimmed through this chapter, the blessing from the priest (everything in cursive) wasn't particularly interesting, and didn't really need to be written out IMO. Then again I'm not interested in religion, so others might have liked it.
Makokam chapter 5 . 11/26/2013
Thank you for reminding me why I don't like weddings.
Ho-ly crap was that a slog fest.
The prayer and...everything completely overwhelmed everything in this chapter. In fact, aside from the dream at the beginning, it was just the ceremony and even that was not much more than the sermon/prayers/whatever. It would have been nice to have it broken up by some descriptions of what the assembled were doing/thinking/whispering to their neighbors. Perhaps a comment from one JF member to another about how they doubt the priest would be performing this ceremony if he knew what Dave and Mindy did at night(not referring to any bedroom activities).

The dream was interesting. I'm curious as to what significance, if any, the earrings have. And was that an implication that Kathleen is in hell too? Because she committed suicide?
And, if that's the case, I'd say Damon got off with a light sentence. Perhaps because Satan looked at his rap sheet and went, "I like this guy!" And going with the "hell is a prison" analogy, I can see how that very well may be the case. Also evidenced by the fact that he was allowed out twice now, even if it was only for a few minutes.

Seeing more of Angela's cruel and unusual torture of Mindy would have been interesting.
Maybe with Dave getting ready as a counter point. ("Dude, you're getting married in half an hour and you're still in your boxers" "So I've got time.")

...
Ya know, I don't know if it was intentional, but the last line of this chapter is exactly how I felt when I got to the end.

Makokam out.
WhiteTigerLilly chapter 4 . 10/29/2013
Well that was a turn from the crazy! And so... Romantic? Sweet? I love DavexMindy!

Can't wait for more!
WhiteTigerLilly chapter 3 . 10/29/2013
This isn't gay! Lol!

Now I want to hear that song. -sigh- I love old music. Working in a nursing home after school did it. Old folks and war tales. Fun fun.

I love that you're using characters I'm already familiar with. Mako's made a whole other KA-verse.

I wanna know what's happening with Riley! Anyway! On to the next!