Reviews for Basis of Sentimentality
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2014
beautiful, what a lovely read. If only you could forward it to the writers working on Thor 3, this would be a lovely back drop story.
Droassi chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
This is the only Loki/Sigyn story that has made me cry. I need to know what happend in those few months leading up to Sigyns death. I need closure.
TruffleHead chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
Oh, but really, this piece is simply wonderfully done. I admire your boldness to be able to end it like that; I've always absolutely adored sad endings, but I find them extremely rare around here. It seems writers are just a bit fearful of their readers' wrath, ehehe. The absolute simplicity of the heartbreak was the most beautiful. It was clean, it was clear, and it made me want to throw myself off of a cliff and cry forever. And it was awesome.

I also love the uniqueness of the platonic aspect of Loki and Sigyn's relationship. I mean, when I read these types of stories, I'm always sort of rooting for them to finally get together, but here I found something much more toned down worked spectacularly well. It was a comfortable, easy relationship between them, and suited both of their characters nicely. (Well, I suppose it wasn't completely platonic, but you understand what I'm trying to say.)

This was so, so nicely done. It had me giggling in the first half and tearing up in the second. Well done, well done.

Lexi
KuraOkami13 chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Gotta go. Gonna cry now. Be right back.

Very good job, I had the feeling she was dead once that whole "gone in spring" came, but you're usage of words was very impressive at avoiding saying the words outright, though I was somewhat confused during his "talking to her" moments. I could tell there were sort of one-sided, but I kind of just though he was seeing her spirit converse with him. ghosts and all. Wonderful job, now excuse me while I go cry from the burden of overwhelming sentiment.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
This is one of the best fanfictions I've ever read. It made me cry the first few times I read it, and even know I can barely keep myself under control. I remember that the first time I read it, I got the worst sense of foreboding during that spring interlude, and then I hated you for writing this. XD I still have mixed feelings about you, because it's so heartbreaking but so good.
Mae-chan chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Oh this is beautiful. It's much more... reassuring, I suppose, than a lot of what happens between Loki/Sigyn in the comics and in myth, despite how sad it is- I much prefer this. I was so surprised by the end.

Someone else already critiqued this sufficiently, I think, what with some tense issues/proofreading/the inclusion of the last scene, so I'll just say I'm really glad I found this. Thank you for writing it :)
Muse of Fanfiction chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
I am seriously not going to lie. This is by far the saddest Loki/Sigyn fic I have ever read, and I was reduced to tears at the end. All I can say to you is; Good job. This story is seriously beautiful.
watercolour dreams chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Firstly, this story is tragically beautiful. I love it.

Secondly, I enjoy the subtleness of it and the development of their relationship - actions speak louder than words here, and I truly believe that these (where love is suggested) are the best love stories. People do silly things for love.

Thirdly, I think the last section is unnecessary. I think you could've faded out describing the lone statue of Sigyn and the flowers at her feet. I think that would've been more poignant. Then the last section could've been an author's note.

Fourthly, be careful with your tense throughout the story, it changes at times from present to past and before. Is this a retrospective story? I felt as if it was. Therefore, a simple proofread should fix that problem.

Fifthly, I love it. Apart from everything I mentioned above, your story is exquisite and incredibly heartfelt. Please keep writing. :)
OnAMission chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
That killed me. :'( He was only talking to himself after he danced. :((((
The Sirius Business chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Your story was fantastic, and your writing was brilliant! Thank you for such wonderful entertainment!
xfighter4 chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Great story!
Raye Silver chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
I cried. OMG that was beautiful...and sad. I didn't expect the ending but...WOW just wow. That was stunning and amazing props to you
Baby Doll Stiletto chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
This is one of the sweeter stories I've read here, it's very complex compared to some of the others. I thought it was beautiful, and I'll be looking out for more from you in the future.
HanaTenshiHimeko chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
While I don't know the backstory, except the story from Avengers, this fanfic is well written and the emotions throughout the story. For some reason, there was always a sad undertone since the beginning of the story. Well done telling from Loki's POV. _
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Brilliantly written. The idea of Sigyn dying in the interlude, visiting her, flowers etc. was so unique and creative.

My only question: Assuming Sigyn is immortal, how did she die?

Anyhow, a truly original piece. I enjoyed it immensely. :D