Reviews for Yet Everything Stays the Same
Sarah chapter 17 . 7/3
I'm planning on reviewing this later under my account but right now all i can say is that you should have kept the working title. And tgat i cried. I cried and cried and cried like i havent cried since snape died in cannon. I was decastated then and i am just as devastated now. I get why he had to die, but it really hits me. Hard. Thank you for the story.
BorderlineEuphoria chapter 17 . 6/28
Oh my, I'm rather a sucker for happy ending.. but this... well, at least someone happy, right? If I was her, maybe I just kill myself and ask someone to put my portrait beside of his. I always love Severus character and here you portrayed him so well. Maybe you don't give me ending the way I preferred, but you give story that makes me close to tears and when I finished reading Harry Potter book I always think that Severus deserves something far more better that (the epilogue), well.. finally, I must say thank you for this beautiful, remarkable, heart-wrenching story. You do a great job, mate!
Dear Future Readers: If you actually LIKE an SS/HG HEA, do NOT read this story. The writer fucks them over royally.
amazing story! Truly wonderful! And so true.. I cryed buckets during it, something that I rarely do. but this story was.. I hardly can express the rain of feelings I had to go through. I don't think I met often such a beautifuly described character. Snape was not a main character in the original story and even the fanfiction rarely bring forward such an amazingly complex character. He is beautifuly flawed in his humanity! Thank you for this story, it was worth it - my day and night spent in reading it, without beeing able to let it go, and the buckets of tears.. :)
Beautiful story. Definitely canon-compliant, but also bittersweet. Knowing the future and knowing that it was locked in place and death and loneliness ensured... Snape deserved far more than a week's happiness. :( Thank you for writing this, it gave me a new perspective on the Harry Potter books.
mshccs chapter 17 . 8/17/2014
I'm crying buckets of tears here for snape... Bittersweet ending... Good story... :)
CSIknowItall chapter 17 . 8/7/2014
I honestly think that was the first fanfiction that ever made me cry. It was so beautiful and heart-breakingly sad. Somehow I was both satisfied and unsatisfied at the ending and reading this made me feel hopeless and gave me a very heavy heart. While I probably won't read this again for some time (I usually don't like making myself sad) It's definitely in my top 5 favorite fics. Please keep writing. You're very good at it.
drasticactions chapter 17 . 8/1/2014
OH this was so good, yet made me so very sad! It is nice to see a different sort of plot with Snape moving through time instead Hermione. Sad but beautiful.
Perry Downing chapter 17 . 7/21/2014
I wish I could finish this, such a wonderful premise. But I need a happy ending. I read this ship because I identify so strongly with the character of Hermione and thus I can't quite believe in her and Ron. I guess I'm just too devoted to sshg. Fantastic premise, thank you!
StormDragonfly chapter 6 . 7/1/2014
The biggest problem I'm having at this point is how out of character Hermione is. This isn't book Hermione, which is often the case in fanfic, but I think it stands out more when you're trying so hard for canon everything else. I like the story, it's concept, the writing. Hermione's character by itself is good, but just doesn't feel like Hermione.
StormDragonfly chapter 4 . 6/29/2014
Hmm. I want to review every chapter, because the number up there us so low, and I think this fic is brilliant. But I don't have much feedback to give here.

Oh! I did forget to mention last time that I really like how you haven't let the fact that they're magical slip to the side. Spells are a natural part of her day, as they should be. Most fics seem to let that slip.

I'm so curious about whether portrait!Snape does recall the time travel. The fact that he didn't come when she wailed must mean he does. And oh! How it must hurt that the woman he would one day have this relationship with would neglectfully leave him to die. I wonder if he hoped that some part of her younger self would feel what her older self did, and come back for him. If he was even sentient those 7 hours. But life isn't fair, as Snape well knows.
StormDragonfly chapter 3 . 6/29/2014
Well, hmm, OK, not what I was expecting. I like that you don't shy away from the fact that curator of the Snape Museum & living in the attic is not the future we imagined for Hermione. I wasn't keen on that at first, but then I felt it had been justified reasonably.

On the topic of tropes-awkward sexy nightgown encounter?

The bit about dying after 7 hours is heartbreaking. "A punch in the feels" I believe is the current way of putting it, and very well orchestrated. It helps us feel their pain.

It's a bit repetitive, but I love the conversation between the portrait and Hermione.
StormDragonfly chapter 2 . 6/29/2014
I love you so much for this idea. Bring it on.

Nice touch with Narcissa feeling protective.
StormDragonfly chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
I am very excited about this story. It's damn good to read a fic that feels like canon. (Didn't Trelawney know Snape was there eavesdropping, though?) I do think this is the first time I've read Snape delivering the prophecy.

Curious what tropes are to be involved. I love that you wrote it in full before posting.
Guest in Europe chapter 17 . 6/2/2014
Very, very cleverly thought out story. Yes, i still hate that Severus died, but there are lots of stories around where he didn't, so I can enjoy this interesting time-travel story as a change. I thought for a magical moment that time-travel Severus was going to father a child... that would have been an interesting take on things. However, that would be AU and out of the ethos of your story.
Thank you for your hard work on this story.