Reviews for Yet Everything Stays the Same
Juze chapter 17 . 9/22/2012
Excellent ending to a fabulous story. Was it sad? Yes, but it was good and very satisfying. I really liked your representation of Ron. He usually comes out as a complete ass in Snape/Hermione stories, but your version was very sweet and true to form. Well done. I'm sad it's over, but it was a great ride. :)
duj chapter 17 . 9/22/2012
Your ending works well. A satisfactory end to your story. (But you really shouldn't assume that the reason people disliked DH was because it was sad. Or that people who didn't cry at Dobby's death are lacking a soul. Or even that we love the universe for the story. DH had major continuity problems, both internally and externally, and consisted mainly of info-drops and authorial contrivance. It dropped some major threads and brought in a completely new and ill-fitting type of magical artefact as the deus-ex-machina solution. And the death-scenes were quite wooden and repetitive. Story has always been less interesting in the Potterverse than scenery and Snape.)
Amarenima Redwood chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
This is very interesting as it gives a different perspective to everything.
christev chapter 17 . 9/21/2012
Girl. I read this surreptitiously at work, and had to choke down my reaction when Snape gave Rose the message for her mother. The portrait wasn't the only one worried about tears welling up. Jeez, just when I had started feeling good about Hermione getting together with Ron. *sigh*

Would Snape never have been able to lead a happy life, learn how to be a good father? Dunno. I believe he's being honest with himself when he says he couldn't, but heck, he was never given a chance to find out.

You've done something rather unique in the sshg fandom, in creating a story where Hermione could love Snape and Ron, but end up choosing Ron. It both hurts yet makes sense that she appears not to have gone back to talk to Snape's portrait after ending her curatorship of the museum. That would have been semi-disloyal to her husband, considering the emotional attachment she and Severus had. But I find myself wanting to go sit with his portrait, chat with him, keep him company, learn to play chess, something, just so he wouldn't end up having such a lonely painted existence. :'(

Even though I wasn't reading when you first began, I'm glad to have been there for the posting of this. It's been fun talking with you about it, waiting for the next chapter. This is a beautiful, wonderful story, and I appreciate the work and the thought you put into it. To borrow your phrase, I don't reject it just because it made me sad. Kudos, babe. :)
THESE VOICES WONT SHUT UP chapter 17 . 9/21/2012
I cried to hard :,(
MSCOCO chapter 17 . 9/21/2012
sadly it was worth it in the end sigh " Every death allows Harry to do what he has to do, and without these details, the story could not have ended the way it did." now i'll go read msfiggys stuff and make myself feel better lol thanks.
Cherry Seraphym chapter 17 . 9/21/2012
Thank you for the well-rounded ending. I like your perspective - that something doesn't need to be rejected just because it's saddening. This has been an immensely satisfying story.
Nutters4Potter chapter 17 . 9/21/2012
That was a great compliant fic.
ApollinaV chapter 17 . 9/21/2012
Oh how lovely. The generational jump was perfect. Sometimes history is best viewed from the perspective of many years. Thank you and your wonderful team for such a compelling story.
curlyjor chapter 17 . 9/21/2012
Amazing story. I wished Hermione and Severus could have ended up together but if they couldn't this was an amazing ending and story. I really enjoyed the part with Snape an Rose I thought that was fitting. I definitely cried a little too. But all in all it was a great story.
MollysSister chapter 17 . 9/21/2012
I am glad you were able to give Severus the closure that he never got from JKR. Painful though it was to read it, I am feeling content with it. Thank you!
bournespeed chapter 17 . 9/21/2012
Bittersweet ending. RIP Severus
JaneDoh0 chapter 17 . 9/21/2012
Wow. This story was so amazing. You make the tragedy of Snape's life just so painful, so I am glad Portrait Snape gets to feel like it wasn't a waste. I am still not a fan of Ron/Hermione, and it bothers me to no end that JKR tacked on a bad fanfic epilogue to her epic story, but I admire your ability to stay within her lines.
JeniDRalph chapter 17 . 9/21/2012
Your Author's Note made me cry. You're right, of course. This was a beautiful story. You've done an amazing job. I'm really sorry to see it end. I've loved every minute of it.

I forgive you for being canon-compliant. ;) Now, to lift my spirits and attempt to forget that Severus died, I must go and read some EWE and AU fics. :D

Thank you!
aureliasilver chapter 17 . 9/21/2012
Ok, I'm going to be honest here, I did not read the whole chapter. I could not bring myself to. But I did read the very last part, and though it was bittersweet and satisfying in a way, I still feel torn that Snape ends up essentially in the same state as in the original :(

Still I just had to read to see how you ended it.
260 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »