Reviews for No Rest for the Weary
Whoops, double negative:

"...if she fails to do her job as a cop incorrectly..."

With both negations in there you actual wrote "...if she does her job correctly..." in meaning, because the two negatives cancel out.
Cymru64 chapter 11 . 8/23/2013
Only now reading and finishing this story. And we're almost up to the premiere of season 6. This story has been, and is, BRILIANT! Please do not stop writing, just continue and continue. Once again, BRILLIANT. Thank you Cymru64
Sparrow49 chapter 11 . 2/5/2013
Simply wonderful. Can't believe I'd missed this 'til now! Beautifully constructed, beautifully written, and very, VERY fun to read!
baycab chapter 11 . 11/29/2012
Great story! Yeah, missed some sleep but worth it.

The SECDEF is a civilian but very well could be former military. Who would know the military better than say a retired Special Operations Command (SOCOM) General?

Using a group of former Spec Ops working for the Dragon is possible. In 2004, after the Iraq war, many companies were looking for "shooters" or former Spec Ops to provide security for their operations. Several I knew we're offered $200K annually for their services.

My insightful son but it all in perspective stating it was a win-win between the monies offered and insurance if anything bad happened. Gotta love your family!
3rdfah chapter 9 . 10/23/2012
We have to know that if the show goes on long enough (and it looks like it will), this scene is all too likely. And what a heartbreaker.
3rdfah chapter 6 . 10/23/2012
Oh, I like this Gates! I, too, wondered since she is from IA if there might not be more to her than meets the eye. You've really great job of following that thought yet keeping her true to her character.
Lydian Stone chapter 11 . 9/30/2012
This story was amazing. The back and forth between Beckett and Castle was so in character, you're definitely one of the best at writing conversations and thoughts. Nothing you wrote (thoughts, dialogue) was cliche or contrived, it was all just so genuine. I also like that you didn't wrap everything up perfectly, life isn't like that - there are lingering issues but for now, there's a pause and that's rings true to the show, but also life in general.

Thank you so much for finishing this and sharing such a well developed story!
Lydian Stone chapter 10 . 9/30/2012
Wow. Where to start? I love how you portrayed Alexis' POV. She is introspective and mature enough to think through what is ultimately best for her father, and accept that she needs to support it. I love that angle - so many people write her lashing out like she's still a child when she isn't anymore. Also, it was a really good point that she had only really seen her dad's side of their relationship. You brushed the revelation of Kate's devotion brilliantly. "Kate Beckett without Richard Castle is just as lost and broken as Richard Castle is without Kate Beckett."

I've always respected Gates (the auditor in me feels the pain of her IA stigma) but I wouldn't normally read fics that have her as a prominent character. However, you so made that work throughout. The conversation with Kate was so compassionate without her breaking character or losing poise.

I also liked how you handled Rick waking up and making their conversation seem so real rather than predictable fluff. Exhibit A would be, "Oh jeez, Castle. Are you telling me that the first thing you did after you wake up from a three-day coma is eavesdrop on my conversation? What the hell is wrong with you?" That combined with how you wrote her affectionate kisses and touches were perfection.
Lydian Stone chapter 8 . 9/29/2012
'He needs her to not talk and let him get shot for her'. This line just seemed spot-on.

You write Sophia so well, and not too many people have brought up her being at the loft unsupervised and what damage she could have done. She did make a brilliant villain.
Lydian Stone chapter 6 . 9/29/2012
I've been catching snippets of chapters where I can and just wanted to say that I'm enjoying your take on this, especially Gates. I think this is the only fic I've read where she's paired up with Castle and you make that relationship work. Gates is being compassionate in that she's all business getting things done while keeping a vigilant eye on Castle's well being.

It is hard to balance practicality with pacing a story, but honestly on the show how many times do they get beat up and then are fine? Case in point, Kate not having a single wince the morning after getting the stuffing kicked out of her than dangling from the roof. So, extra kudos to you for listening to Deb (who is awesome) and making the extra effort to get things right.
Lydian Stone chapter 3 . 9/27/2012
You nailed their regrets as evidenced by Castle admitting to feeling cheated in 5x01 that they only had the one night.

You have to wonder what all Gates does know - she's no fool and you've written that splendidly,

Now I do need to sleep, but I'll look forward to more of this tomorrow.
Lydian Stone chapter 2 . 9/27/2012
I'm with you on Gates - I thought your description was spot-on and that she would be proud to be known as a stickler for the rules.(Although I'm biased as I did my time as an auditor and can relate to having the unpopular job of keeping people honest).

I spent the summer trying to work through a Turner/Dragon connection and this is the only other fic I've come across that's gone that route. I should be going to bed but I'm so excitedto read this that I have to click 'next' at least one more time.
Lydian Stone chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Oooo, You have my attention! I'm really curious how you're going to link Sofia & 'the acquaintance'.
Juliettaah chapter 11 . 9/27/2012
It's nice to read the epilogue, even after some time though. :) I loved the fun mixed with some seriousness, the romance with the case... Very well handled, like in the show.
Sooo... planning on a new multi-chapter story now?!
bones35 chapter 11 . 9/27/2012
A solid story and the final chapter wonderful and dramatic - nicely done!