Reviews for New Hopes: Firsts
Eentha chapter 1 . 9/12/2015
Awesome story! First off, I have to ask, any chance you pulled this from my diary? haha. The only reason I ask is because it read so much like a memory. In your author's note, you were worried that this scene would come off a bit a ridiculous. I can assure you it doesn't. In fact, this is probably the most realistic chapter regarding virginity-loss I've ever read in any fanfic story. You had a very difficult line to tread, where Dom, who was older and more experienced, needed to take control of the situation without making Kel feel helpless or inadequate. Mission accomplished. You did just that.

You were very true to the characters' personalities. You projected the right amount of vulnerability for Kel, but even more surprising was how you wrote Dom. He always seems to be portrayed as some cavalier scoundrel who beds every woman in Tortall, which doesn't seem to align with how he actually is in the books. It's possible to be a flirt without being a whore. And given how much respect he has for Kel, it's absolutely believable he would be so attentive of her needs.

I think what I appreciate most about your story is the fact you achieved the right balance between humor and sincerity. It stayed very true to Dom and Kel's dynamic. It also defused a lot of Kel's fears and it allowed her to have fun with it.

I'm very glad I came across this story. It brought up a lot of nostalgic feelings and it was very well-written. :)
gahoole chapter 1 . 5/29/2015
you should write more of these like when she is in her office and he comes by saying that he knows a better way to spend the night.
Ivan Wennersten chapter 1 . 5/27/2015
You should make more of these. Like when she falls asleep at the desk and Dom comes in and puts a chair by the door so nobody can get in and has sex with her in her office.
Iroshiyan chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
This is so amazingly well written and sexy that my face almost melted off. Seriously the quality is astounding in every way, from word choice/variance to keeping in character and beyond. The thought of not getting another glimpse like this into Kel/Dom's intimate life pains me to no end. Really, really stellar work.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
Like it ( ;
Guest chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
Fantastic. Rereading, and I really hope you write more "sexy times" :D Love it.
QueenAnne1532 chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Maemi Sedai chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
This was amazing and hot and delicious and I LOVE Dom and Kel and IDBWEFJKÖBC!
Well done!
And please do feel the need to write more sexy times with Kel and Dom, because you do it beautifully and there are FAR too few of them circulating the interwebs! 3
die by thirty chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
This... made me very, very happy. Positively well-written with the characters wonderfully portrayed-something I haven't seen too often.
I look forward to more of your fics!
horsegirl275 chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
I did really like this, please post more
Guest chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
I stumbled on this from Goldenlake and I just wanted to say I really enjoyed the 14 chapters!
DustieDaven chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Very nicely done
LOTRlover chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
It was very nice :D excellent job! Fits rather well with Pierces writing style too! Job well done mate :)
Leojane chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
First off... I absolutely love this story! (I just read through the chapters you've posted tonight! It's so rare to find a PotS story with an actual plot, character development, etc. Won't lie, I also loved the Kel/Dom sexytime. More sexytime I say! Keep up the great work!
AmazingAlex0818 chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
I loved it! I love how you mixed them laughing and enjoying each other with the more intimate moments. :)