Reviews for Overcoming the Dark
Salome Maranya chapter 1 . 3/12/2014
Haha, I guessed right about Legolas.
bob chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
This was so good danngggg it! Please write more!
scorpiustar chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
love all your Maedhros stories! ;))
The Sidhe chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Enjoyed both this story and its prequel immensely. Hope you intend to work on others.
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Also nice and I knew it was LEgolas when it was revealed to be an archer and a Wood Elf! And you also picture Legolas blonde. I do as well due to the movies nad Thranduil is mentioned having golden hair. I wonder what will happen now, if MAedhros and Maglor will end up leaving Middle-Earth with the other Elves when the time comes. And I wondered how Maedhros was still alive. WEll written once again!
HaloFin17 chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Great job here, my friend, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Not only does this serve nicely as a sequel to the first one, filling in some very informative background details, but it can also stand alone as its own adventure.

I like how you portray Maedhros' inherent pride, still strong after all these years, yet his physical strength can no longer keep up with it as in previous ages. Rather sad in a way.

As much as I enjoyed the treat of your clever inclusion of Lindir, my favorite moment has got to be Legolas' appalling Quenya, where you displayed a brief and thrilling ride of different emotions for your reader. It was fun seeing Maedhros and Legolas be stuck together for a while, and I think you did great justice to Legolas, still being as young as he is. He holds his own with calm reserve, but he is still fully aware of his place in the grand scheme of history, here beside a son of Feanor.

And I can definitely understand Elrohir's anxiety while watching Maedhros and Glorfindel bicker back and forth. It's like any child observing their parents' banter and not being sure if his elders are jesting or in earnest. I think we've all been there, so it was very relateable. Lindir being afraid that he would be recruited as an unwilling soldier, and then having Maedhros placating his fears, was also very sweet.

Thank you yet again for the kind mention in your beginning notes, and I do look forward to the next one!

Halo
quaff chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
It's interesting to have a story on the sons of Feanor. Thanks for writing it.