Reviews for Chuck Versus the Night Shift
Emperor Tiberius chapter 22 . 2/16
Excellent story. I have never read a Carina/Chuck before, or even imagined it, but you made it believable and natural. This was a real pleasure to read! Thanks for a great story!
Love the action. Very few people write any action. Action was an important part of the show.

About Chuck getting shot. If that happened, Sarah and Casey would have been so fired, or worse. Chuck would have been taken to a bunker.

Another possibility would be for Carina to rescue Chuck. Then, they fake an auto accident to explain Chuck's injury from the Triads, so that they can protect Casey's and Sarah's job/career and so Chuck does not wind up in a bunker.

There could have been some awesome interplay following your storyline based on the car accident.
Carina is awesome.

Your version of Carina is more probable. She would have been extremely curious why Casey and Sarah were there to babysit a nerd. How does Chuck know about Argentina? Carina would not have backed down, like on the TV show. Of course, the TV show was concentrating on the Chuck and Sarah, and did not pursue the Carina angle.

In addition to the phone number, she may have given Chuck even more bait. Towards the end of “Wookie,” after Chuck turned her down to go to her hotel, “Well, if you ever get tired of blondes and want to spice up your life, (pause for Chuck to get nervous), or if you just want to talk about stuff like the other night, my number is already on your phone,…Sarah doesn’t have to know.” Chuck can resist most of her charms, but his curiosity would have gotten the best of him. Carina was the only one that told him the truth about how things worked. It is just a matter of time before he calls, and she knows it.
Molotov chapter 1 . 1/5
This story, especially the last three or so chapters, have entered into my section of "good shit to read when I'm in the mood for angst", because it is A) good, and B) angsty. In fact, when I listen now to the Jackson 5 song "I Want You Back" (made famous recently by Dancing Baby Groot), it makes me think of this story, specifically, and I listen to the song as if it was from Sarah's perspective. She blew her chance with Chuck and is making her Hail Mary play to win him back.

Of course, she fails, but there's something so tragic and compelling as she sits at the bar and pours her heart out to Chuck, telling him the things he so longed to hear for so long, but now it's too late.

It's tragic and painful and it hurts and it's good and that means I'm more than a little fucked up because I like it a lot because it's painful, but it is what it is. And this is what it is. And it is good.
Molotov chapter 21 . 10/3/2014
Final review addendum: this story ended so horribly for Sarah. Chuck's rejection of her desperate last-ditch efforts of affection had to have crushed her, considering the depressing turn her career (and thus, her personal life) took after she chose Shaw over Chuck, and I can't see any happiness on her horizon.

Suicide? Maybe. More likely a slow, painful descent into a cold burnout like Casey. It makes me sad that she's the biggest casualty in this.

Not a knock on this story, just a sad commentary on the state of Sarah here.
Molotov chapter 22 . 10/2/2014
What a story.

Obviously, as a die-hard Charah shipper, it's hard to see a story where Sarah is the "bad" guy and Chuck ends up with someone else.

But I like this a lot.

Part I, or the stuff that covered Season 1, was my favorite. The impetus behind it worked, and it was great seeing Chuck work through his issues in this new scary world with someone outside his guardian duo.

I loooooved the idea of more Triad goons gunning for Team Bartowski in revenge, but I feel like the fallout from it should have been much more. The ramifications for Chuck being taken so easily so early into the mission likely would have led to him being bunker'd or getting new handlers.

It seems there was no fallout from it at all, beyond Carina's constant guilt over it. That's a shame, too. In your quest to keep the story running within the framework of canon, the fact that Chuck was kidnapped, tortured, and shot didn't seem to matter much.

Part II, Season 2, was a little touch and go for me. I get what you were doing, shifting the main focus of the narrative to Carina and her Mexico adventure. It was good, but I really enjoyed seeing the story from Chuck's perspective, and losing that, while still following canon, made me like it a little less.

I like how you handled Sarah and her ultimate decision to leave Chuck for Shaw. All the lines made sense, and without Casey to tell Sarah he shot the mole, Sarah left.

A plot hole though: you moved the canon scene of Shaw and Sarah speeding off to follow a Ring lead, an event in the show that led to Shaw preparing to kill Sarah by showing her her Red Test footage and Chuck coming in with a tank? You set it up at the end of Chapter 20 but nothing happened. Logically, following canon as you were in this story, Shaw should have followed through with his intention to kill Sarah, thus negating Paris, and everything that came after.

So in conclusion, this story has it's flaws; plot holes and forced canon and missed opportunities, but it was a great and original concept executed fairly well. Kudos to you, Cheef Keef.
Molotov chapter 5 . 10/2/2014
Coulda done without the Scrubs crossover but hey, it's your story.
Molotov chapter 4 . 10/2/2014
I really shouldn't have started reading this before I had to leave for work. Now I'm going to be late!
Therealchuckfan chapter 22 . 9/15/2014
Hi! I just wanted to say that this is the best chuck fanfiction in the archive. I never really considered Charina before reading this fic, and now you have made me a diehard fan of this pairing. I know I'm not alone in wanted a sequel/prequel or just a different storyline involving Charina. You could still even now pull a several hundred review fic using this pairing, especially if it is as wonderfully written as this masterpiece. I sincerely hope you think of coming back to the chuck fanfiction to write one more amazing tale(involving charina hopefully) and once again thank you for giving at least this much. This fandom needs a lot more of variety, and charina is perfect for that. :)
Star Iron chapter 22 . 9/3/2014
I can't help but notice that it has been years since you last wrote something Chuck. Is it because you lost interest? I really, really liked your Carina and even the way you delivered the story was quite interesting and unique so I would definitely like to see more.
Purrum chapter 22 . 1/25/2014
I would like to say this is one of my top five stories I've read on Fan-fiction.

I've enjoyed it reading a well crafted story that had a set destination from the outset.

I liked the way you picked up Sarah's indifference throughut the show and wove them effectlessly into the story.

And like other readers, I agree that Carina was a poorly utilized chartacter for the show.
Purrum chapter 2 . 1/21/2014
This story is great better by each sentence. Loving it.
Bahip chapter 4 . 1/21/2014
The story is good so far. There was just one problem that I saw, the Halo series is a Microsoft Game Studios game that is only for Xbox and PC.
Purrum chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
Just read a very good first chapter. I think I'm going to enjoy this story.
LantianTiger chapter 22 . 11/24/2013
Wow. Wow. This story is amazing. I just read the whole thing in one go. Amazing.