Reviews for If You Only Asked
BabyTgo chapter 8 . 11/6/2015
I hate the fact that everyone's blaming Steve when they are part of the problem of why Steve is avoiding Thor like wtf yall are dumb and it was mean to do the stuff they did
Guest chapter 8 . 11/8/2014
That was bloody fantastic.
majestic.beauty.sealed.in.ice chapter 8 . 4/1/2014
Lol OMG! This was sooo freakin adorable! Loved it! I hate u though for the suspense... I swear I think I got some breakouts! LOL Btw the song u chose was one of my favs and the fact u chose it made me leap for joy! I must say the description of the kisses and feelings are beautiful and well done! That's saying sum thing bc sum people can't do first pov good... But u nailed it like Clint and his arrows if not better! Lol Thx for sharing! I really hope to read more from u!
Ananonymous chapter 8 . 12/27/2013
Okay, so this is probably going to be the first bad review you'll have on this story. Don't fret though, the idea and plotting was good. I have enjoyed it through and through. So what am I giving it a bad review? To be honest, it was boring. I had to push myself to read the last two chapters in order to give an effective review.

One thing that I didn't like was how everything rest solely on Steve's shoulders. Thor should take some responsibility or at least try. "Steve, fix this." "Steve march back over there and fix that." The hell? Is Thor not man enough to go after Steve too? Why is Thor not trying? Or was Thor equally confused about his own feelings about Steve? I know this was mainly Steve's point of view, but to be fair to Steve Thor didn't show anything to him for a good portion of the story. How can you fix something when what's 'broken' isn't receptive to your affections. For example, when Steve asks Thor to wait when he was about to walk away from him. Steve made it known. Actually he's been making it known. Thor was being impossible. Guess we have Tony to blame.

The second thing that thoroughly annoyed me: the bystanders. I understand that having people rooting for you or trying to help you along the way is a great thing to have, but it was a little too much. Similar to the last paragraph they were telling Steve to fix it or chase after Thor. It was consistent and there meddling was a little too much. Like when Natasha pulled up the video of Steve and Thor almost kissing. Put yourself in Steve's shoes, because in reality everyone's reaction would be the same. Would you not be a little peeved that someone is putting their nose in your business? I know I would have snapped a say something along the lines of:
'Honey, I didn't ask for your opinion on this matter. I know the intentions is good but you need to back off and give me some breathing space. I choked, yea I admit that. But who are you to come in here and demand that I do something? And why are you stalking me at what I do? What are you? Edward Cullen? *Eyes the video.* That's creepy by the way. Don't do it again."
It was annoying to see Steve being pushed like that. I'm not joking. The whole time reading this story I was grinding my teeth and said, "Natasha you need to back off."

The internal struggle was good, but you could have put more into it and create more cause for his hesitation to pursue Thor as a love interest. One being that he's from the 1940's. Homosexuality was not looked at too fondly at the time and it's only recent that we Americans viewed them more as humans rather than things who're meant to stay in shadows.

And last: Tip toeing. It's like all I am reading is avoidance rather than the struggle from being drawn too closely to someone you like. Yes it is good to elusive, but again this story was pure avoidance. They pushed him to Thor, but when he got to Thor he still tip toed around him and retreated back to his man cave. The second time was no different, and neither was the third. Even at this chapter he tip toed.

Too long; didn't read? Here's a summary: Problems of the world lies solely on Steve's shoulders, meddlers meddled too much, avoidance is a clutch, and not enough internal struggle to warrant the avoidance issue.

My only advice is to be more aware of where your story is running to. Play with words too. This review is not meant to discourage you from writing, but to improve in future stories. Best of luck.
music-is-luv chapter 8 . 10/12/2013
Omg, sequel pleaase
Hehe chapter 8 . 6/9/2013
You are teh bestt i am sobbign
Muse360 chapter 8 . 5/27/2013
OMG I LOVE IT! I am going to recommend this to any Thor/Steve fanatic! (I know a lot)
Dance Elle Dance chapter 8 . 5/27/2013
I loved this fic. It's so nice to see authors writing for this pairing. Hope to read more from you soon!
one twisted chick chapter 8 . 3/20/2013
My heart just bled for Steve. The awkwardness was perfect. the tension was real. Tony was kind of mean but it all just worked and worked well. And finally you relieved my agony and they got together.
Cookie-the-Rookie chapter 6 . 12/21/2012
This story is so depressing and romantic at the same time! And Steve, I can see him doing this! I said this before, but this story is so well written and in-character!
This is extremely well for a first story! I could never write anything as good as this!
Cookie-the-Rookie chapter 4 . 12/21/2012
This is so in-character! But i do have a ?, what happened to Jane?
KatieAnneHilley-owo chapter 3 . 12/11/2012
*flails*
I love Thor's odd way of talking and his dialect and everything. -
KatieAnneHilley-owo chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
BABIES. :D 3
What cutie pies!
WickedBlue chapter 8 . 12/4/2012
Brilliant fic. Love all the angst :-) I'm usually more of a Tony/Steve or Clint/Steve fan, but somehow it made sense in your fic.
whitebengal14 chapter 8 . 10/27/2012
Awwww cute and funny ending

So they dont talk and instead assume they know why the other is saying justfrom feeling alone? Nice.

Hmmm… there needs to be more of this pairing. I hope you come out with those sequels you mentioned soon