Reviews for The Hero Who Loved Me
Phygmalion chapter 7 . 1/31/2013
Amazing, simply amazing. This chapter moved me, and not just because we get to see the Ice Queen defrosting. I'll spare you the reasons why, but thank you for the gift, and right when I needed it. Looking forward to your next work!
Ronnie James Dio chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Just wanted to say that I think you write beautifully, and I'm really enjoying your story.

Dr. Reed WOULD be all about the cybernetics, wouldn't she? )
Guest chapter 7 . 1/29/2013
Also, one grammar nitpick: 'I could care less' should be 'I couldn't care less'.
Guest chapter 7 . 1/29/2013
While I am rather sad to see that this story has an end, I am grateful for all of the material the preceded it. You, sir and/or ma'am, are one of this site's premiere writers, and as such are adept at crafting high quality reading. I'm eagerly anticipating the forthcoming fics you have outlined, and I am hopeful that "The Hero Who Loved Me" gets a Mass Effect 3 sequel (even if you decided to stick to Bioware's god-awful ending. Please don't stick to Bioware's god-awful ending).

Now I do have two complaints (for lack of a better word) with this last chapter:

- I was really hoping you were going to write the scene at the Collector Base in which the Illusive Man orders Miranda to stop (kill) Shepard from destroying the base. I imagined that this could have been written as the point at which Miranda's loyalty/love is fully brought over to Shepard, and I was rather curious at how you would have written her inner-monologue.

- I was a tad disappointed that you borrowed so heavily from "Chuck". I wouldn't have minded some references here and there, but I think lifting an entire scene from the show kinda cheapens the characterizations of the Mass Effect characters by binding them too much with the characterizations of Chuck's characters. I think that your wonderful original content would have served that scene much better.

Anywho, I really enjoyed this story and I am looking forward to what you have upcoming.
Xcal chapter 7 . 1/28/2013
Oh why must the good things come to an end... First was The Hero We Deserve and now this story. *sniff*
FindMiranda5 chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
I love Mass Effect. Shepard and Miranda is the only real pairing I see.

I love Chuck. I especially love Chuck and Sarah. I even more especially love Yvonne Strahovski (she did excellent work as Hannah McKay on Dexter, which should also be a couple that lasts(ed).

I even imagined the scene with Nina Simone and 'Feeling Good' happening with Shepard and Miranda.

All that said, I think you went too far with the Chuck/ME cross references this chapter.
bluemarlin chapter 7 . 1/28/2013
Great ending to an wonderful story. Looking forward to your next one.
shinbi124 chapter 7 . 1/28/2013
So Miranda still hasn't quite let Shepard into her bed. I really love seeing Miranda's transition from the cold hearted Cerberus agent to a warm human (emphasis) being.
Looking forward to your take on the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC.
ipass chapter 7 . 1/28/2013
Sad to see the end of this wonderfully written story. It's been an honour to read your stories and I'm highly anticipating to read your future work. Hopefully this isn't the end that we'll get to see from Miranda POV.
ferlodel chapter 7 . 1/28/2013
Thanks a lot! A wonderful work
Rise Against713 chapter 7 . 1/28/2013
Great chapter. So I'm guessing you're a pretty big Chuck fan considering this chapter is filled with Chuck references. Not that I'm complaining, although if I wasn't familiar with Chuck I wouldn't have any idea who Shepard was talking about when he refereed to Ellie (who I am assuming is his sister for obvious reasons).

Anyway, wonderful story. Thanks for sharing your story (and finishing it).
lazyguy90 chapter 7 . 1/28/2013
Fantastic work on this.

Very poignant stuff.

I can't wait for whatever you've got planned next.

Keep at it.
l7986 chapter 7 . 1/27/2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why must this end. Now onto a serious note, I never really like Miranda much ever since I started playing ME2 (PS3 peasant), but I think its safe to say that this story single handedly made me see the error of my ways. Hopefully this gets carried over into ME3.
necro-wulf chapter 7 . 1/27/2013
Wow, great use of Metacontext here. I really get a kick out of this. The Parallels between this and the season3 ending of Chuck actually add alot of poingancy to the scene. And the retroactive identification of Shepard as Chuck (despite requireing me to reimagine his physical appearence and voice) really deepens his charater, and Miranda's. By contrasting with Chuck's plotline and development you add an interesting motivation for where both characters came from and where they're going. Sarah and Miranda seem so much more similar now, and Shepard having Chuck's disapperaing father in a universe with Cerberus makes entirely too much sense.

A word of advice, that you likely don't need, is that I recommend against veering twoard too much of Chuck in future plot points. Referencing would be fine, but all out including charaters and plot lines from the show in ME3 would cheapen the usual qualitly of your work too much. At most I would give them maybe a scene of panicked communication or evacuation. Death may be a bit much, but its your call.

I'll be on the lookout.
Leosh7 chapter 6 . 1/26/2013
i read the part where Miranda mentions Jacob being in deodorant commercials, and instantly thought of the Old Spice ads. I promptly lost my shit.
171 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »