Reviews for Only Human
FioraThePendragon chapter 1 . 10/16/2014
Spectacular!
Mklaihai chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
i really wish they would've done something like this in the show. i really do. it frustrates me to no end that something like getting shot in the back (even with a bullet-proof vest on) is pretty much ignored, when in real life, it would definitely have caused some problems, like you portrayed here. :P haha.

this is fantastic. ;) your writing is awesome, and gotta love the whump, right? {plus, Steve Danny bromance is my favorite. love those two.} you captured them perfectly in this story. definitely a favorite. :) x
Flim chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Thanks for this awesome FF. I really "enjoy" Steve whump and the conversation between Super Seal and Danny *thumbs up* Thanks so much!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
I enjoyed this story very much. Thanks for sharing it.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
That was extremely well done, you had just the right level of whump without making it over the top and you captured both Danny and Steve's voices (and mannerisms) perfectly.

I really liked how the bond between them came across so clearly but without ever being too mushy or out of character. The way Danny's worry shows itself in his ranting and the fact dry humour is always laced throughout their interactions was exactly as it is onscreen and I could really picture this as part of that episode; I wish it had been to be honest.

I had a million lines I wanted to quote - in fact pretty much every part of the Steve/Danny conversations, which were making chuckle aloud - but in the end I chose this as my favourite because it is just so 'them';

"What happened?" Danny repeated Steve's question in disbelief. "You're an idiot. That's what happened."

Steve chuckled and then stilled, the motion made his ribs twinge. "Ow." His hand gingerly rested on his ribs. "... I doubt that was what the doctor said."

Danny shrugged and waved his hand in the air. "I can read between the lines," he stated dryly.

I really did enjoy this.
spyslikeus chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
I enjoy this. Well written and very believable... Steve certainly does have a superman complex - but playing against Danny's ultra grounded nature makes it the perfect pairing. Thanks.
newsyd chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
great job, I love your story!
sherry57 chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Thanks hon. I love the whump because like you say, even super SEAL couldn't have walked away without even a bruise from this. Good team and great Steve and Danny.
janie m chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
Great addition to the finale, thanks.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Great fic! Of course you know I love me some h/c. :D

Of course Steve would take responsibility for something that wasn't his fault! It's what our heroes do. lol

Nicely done, my dear friend. :)
cytpotter chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
What can I say? I went looking for my morning fix of "whump" and you delivered! I like a nice hot whump in the morning like most people do a cup of coffee! And your story gave me that fix! That it was Steve-whump well that is my FAVORITE kind! I loved how you wrote the story from his pov! I thought you did a fantastic job of capturing his charactor! (as well as the others too of course!) I also loved the fact that it was an added scene for the season finale! Great job! Thanks for my fix! ;)
Pallina chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Oh yes...well worth waiting for :) I love that you chose this moment to home in on. It was one of THOSE moments that seemed to definitely be missing something. I love how fanfic fills the gaps the show leaves us with :)

I love your Danny voice, and I love how they all jump off the page at me. That shows your skill and your insight, both.

So spoilt by this - thanks for the "welcome home" pressie LOL!

*hugs*
Pantherfan16 chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
Great story! I thought they didn't address, the whole "steve got shot three timess' in the episode. This story did it some justice! That had to have vurt! Loved the interaction between Danny and Steve, it was really well written.
nacimynom chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
Excellent coda to this episode, with a code dose of Steve whump and Danny teasing and comfort. I liked the way you described Steve feeling guilty about not realizing sooner that the guy was a woman. And Danny's logic that things would have been even worse if he had was really spot on. One of my favorite lines, "In the heat of the moment it never occurred to him that as much as he needed to protect his team, his family, that they didn't want to see him hurt either."
SeanJ chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
I really liked your story. It was nice to see how you kept everybody very much in character and how you weaved events together so they still made sense with how we know the story continues. Thanks for sharing - I will be looking for more of your stories to read!