Reviews for How I became a planeswalker
WarrentheHero chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
It's alright. I prefer to think of Tibalt as a quiet man, up until this incident. I like the idea of the quietly insane man that suddenly becomes this roiling source of madness. I also don't think he would be aware exactly of what was happening when he says "This was it; my spark was igniting" etc etc.
I think you could go into slightly more detail with the torturing, but that's my opinion. I fear I may have over-done it in my own Tibalt story.
I also think that the segment about Avacyn's return was a little... random. I don't think it belonged. It was just kind of there.
Overall, pretty good. I'd rate it 7/10.
American Vigor chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
This was an excellent tribute to the official backstory for Tibalt.

Your use of highly visual-inducing language greatly enhanced the ability of this piece to convey meaning, and this was most appreciated.

The next time I use my copy of Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded, which resides in my Urabrask EDH/Commander deck, I shall think of this story.
Ulquiorra9000 chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
Good imagery, and this follows the details of Tibalt pretty closely. I for one think that this ought to become a mulit-chapter story, especially since the last paragraph shows Tibalt arriving at a new plane. Why not make up Tibalt's first few adventures as a Planeswalker? It could turn out great!