Reviews for The Hat Hangs Heavy
Siatuvai1002 chapter 12 . 8/17
U plz
Finish this
Zeke Jones chapter 1 . 7/29
Your summary fills me with hope! Haven't even read the first chapter yet, but there are so few stories as described by yours... I dearly hope it lives up to my expectations!
WiseSilver chapter 8 . 7/29
I happen to really like stories where Naruto becomes the Fifth, though they are rare. This one is fairly good and quality wise, better written then "Naruto, the Real FIFTH. Hokage". However I do have some issues.
The first is the long ass training montage. I always hate reading them because they don't really do anything to move along the plot. Yes I like the bit about the chakra strings, which could have been shown as character development but I would have preferred that the training was done in the background rather then taking the primary spot in the last several chapters and no doubt the remaining chapters to come.
My other big issue is how you are handling the pairing.
Now I will say I'm not a fan of NaruHina and this story happens to show why I don't. It's forced. People are helping hi ate get naruto for apperently no reason, her father is using her to gain power over naruto for apperently no reason, like it is already a given that he's in love with despite the fact that there is no canon or story canon to support that yet.
Now I've read some amazing NaruHina stories but they made it a romance, not a paring. The actually characters changed with the story and fell in love over the course of it and those stories always make me rethink NaruHina until I read something like this.
It has to flow, be natural.
If say, Naruto had to interact with Hinata due to political duties with the Hyuga clan and they slowly opened up to each other, or if her father used her and pushed her to interact with Naruto in an attempt to behoove him to his clan and they fall for each other, that I could live with. It would be natural, the characters would have made it happen. But as I see it now, it comes off as more of a wish fulfillment then an actual romance.
Keep up the good work,
WiseSilver
Miki chapter 12 . 7/28
You are taking way too long with this segment of the the story. It's been three years and all you have to show for it is 69k words? Really?! Half of this story seems to be filler, just wasting time...let's see more production in the next chapter.
Anahissa chapter 1 . 7/27
Hinata was not born when the Kyuubi attacked. This fanfic is weird but i ll keep reading it. I m curious.
Number66 chapter 12 . 7/27
Great job with this chapter I am reeling enjoying all of the political power play that is going on in this story as well as seeing how Naruto's training is going I am very curious to see how the meeting with Tsuande goes when they finally meet. I am also curious to see how Naruto is going to react to Hiashi's proposal as well as how he will find out about it. keep up the great work and I can not wait for the next chapter.
like it
ZyiareHellsing chapter 12 . 7/27
Thanks for the great update! !
Annoy mouse chapter 12 . 7/26
'Inspired' by the Endless Eight!?

That monstrosity should not inspire anything but abject loathing!

Can't really see the Naruto-verse caring much about transgender either way to be honest. With all the shenanigans Shinobi get up to, they'd have far more pressing things to think about than artificial hormonal imbalances and debating about what constitutes gender.

Kinda hoping things get back to Konoha, nothing he is doing now couldn't have be done there and he'd have a lot more time to learn without travelling around. Plus who knows what the Council and others are getting up to without a Hokage around.

Should be interesting to see how the meeting with Tsunade goes this time around!
Chewie Cookies chapter 12 . 7/26
Good shiz, friend. A lot of political stuff is going on behind the scenes, it seems. You've got a lot of stuff going on in this fic, m'friend!

Keep up the good work!
hyrushoten chapter 12 . 7/26
I hate to say it, but I almost wish you hadn't started working on this story again. I had quite enjoyed the story up until you took your break. The plot was interesting, and the characters were engaging. That hasn't changed since you started back up, but the quality of your writing has gone way down. I don't know why, maybe you had a beta before and don't now. Whatever the reason the writing has more little errors in it and everything just feels slapdash. I'm just skimming the chapters now because the writing keeps pulling me out of the story instead of drawing me in.
XxCRAZYxCHIMPxX chapter 11 . 7/25
Update soon, this story is great!
XxCRAZYxCHIMPxX chapter 2 . 7/24
What!? I didn't expect Naruto to become Homage! Holy shit! What a plot twist!

Nah, jk ;)
I think she will have a change in attitude when she realizes Naruto is the 5th Hokage xD
camacho chapter 11 . 7/21
Very enjoyable scenes with Hiashi/Hinata and Danzo/elders.

I confess that I don't understand exactly how Hiashi intends to influence his daughter and thus Naruto through this particularly alienating (at face value) action. To what extend does he realize her preexisting feelings for Naruto here? When all of their peers are aware of her feelings and likely even Hanabi at this point, it feels odd that Hiashi shows zero suspicions of her affections, especially when he could literally just ask anybody who his daughter likes and that he's been actively planning her betrothal.

I do hope this story takes advantage of the time window in which Hinata thinks she's being married off to Asuma/Kakashi/whoever and forces her to confront her own tendency towards inaction. Confronting her dad (who can't say who it is yet) or confessing to Naruto before the announcement would be preferable IMO as a reader to letting her just passively slide into a situation where Naruto is with her for the wrong reasons or where Naruto later learns that she always loved him and feels she trapped him.

It feels like the retrieval narrative with the new Jashin sub-plot is detrimental to the overall pacing, since it significantly forestalls potential advancement of rising conflict/resolution of the primary romance or of positive personal development on Hinata's part, whose narrative options are limited to either emotionally folding or flipping during her forced ignorance before Naruto returns. That Hiashi would eventually do this is what got me interested in the story, but I'm concerned about what it being this early entails.