Reviews for Of Fosterlings and Fosterers
Marvel-Tolkien Fangirl chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Maglor knew Faramir? Intruiging thought...Loved the flashback as well. The twins certainly have lots of names! Its a shame Maglor only had them for a year (it was a lot longer in my story) but I liked the way you went along with Tolkien's canon about where the twins were found 'Elrond further within the cave, and Elros dabbling in the water'. Kep up the good work!
Certh chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
A nice gap-filler; vivid imagery, emotional and creative.
Glory Bee chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
A very touching story from a bit of a different perspective.
Trollmela chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
I really liked this story. I was very surprised Faramir was the one the story was told to, but I like idea so much that it makes my mind want to run off with it.

The interaction between the characters is well done. I had to laugh when Maitimo called Elros a 'little orc' and I like how you show that Maitimo has more experience with children than Maglor. You worked in so many small details which worked wonderfully, if I listed them I'd probably have to paste your entire story. The point is, I really enjoyed it; thanks for sharing.
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
Is the singer who's tellikng Faramir the story Maglor or is it perhaps Aragorn? Also, I like to think that Maedhros and Maglor took them to their fort or wherever they were living at the time and raised them to young adulthood then let them go. And I think I read somewhere in one of Tolkien's works that Maglor and MAedhros gave them the names Elrond and Elros, Elros got his because he was found playing in the spray of the waterfall and Elrond because he was hiding in the cave behind the waterfall. The names meaning have changed

Elrond - Star dome, Elf of the Cave, or Vault of Stars.

Elros - Star Foam, or Elf of the Spray.

I kinda like the Elf of the Cave/Spray myself, but Star dome and Star foam are good too.

But it was still a good story and I'm glad you didn't make Maedhros cruel towards them.