Reviews for Bringer of Death
MrFrankyG4 chapter 108 . 10/1
I would like to say that your entire story is nothing short of excellent!

Don't worry about the length of time between the updates. Life always hits us with these obstacles that we all have to go through, and there should be no need to suffer even more just to upload a chapter when you're not ready. Hope everything gets better from here on out! Take your time with your priorities first, and come back once you feel you're fully confident to do so again. May you have a great day!
PotatoMan chapter 108 . 9/28
Just want to say that I like your power level system quite a bit, though it does bug my OCD that you've made the SSJ transformation 145 million instead of an even 150, haha. I'm just gonna have that neater number in my head and adjust the base power levels down accordingly (or perhaps the other way around?) :P

I also think it's possible that the additive boost isn't a hard rule, but that more loosely it could act as a multiplier at weaker stages; perhaps the 145 million boost is simply the limit of the basic transformation, and before that point (i.e. with a a base somewhat under ~3 million) it may act as a multiplier, much like how you've modelled the Oozaru transformation normally being a 10x multiplier, but capped at a 145 million boost. This could neatly explain how Future Gohan could fight SSJ Trunks without transforming, for example.

I think your system has some inconsistencies with the series, but making a model like this and being entirely consistent with the manga when no hard numbers were originally thought of is very difficult without being too arbitrary, and I think you did a pretty good job, all things considered. I could nitpick a few things, "Future Gohan implies he hadn't surpassed his father's strength before his death", or voice personal disagreements like "I don't think Gohan or Piccolo's bases should be so high as of Frieza's arrival on Earth" - but it's mostly minor stuff, generally.

I think what I most disagree on where Super Perfect Cell and SSJ2 Gohan are at, though.

In the Buu Saga, Vegeta, who had already realised and despaired that Goku's SSJ2 strength surpassed his own, is still impressed that Goku was stronger than Gohan was 7 years ago, and he only makes that assessment when the two finally square off. I don't think Gohan's base was necessarily that high, of course, but I do think he was stronger than your model indicates. Most likely he was simply tapping into his hidden power from his anger like he's famous for, and gained additional strength beyond the SSJ2 transformation alone. Not unlike his previous fights with Raditz, Nappa, Frieza and so on, where no transformations from him were seen. We know rage boosts can work independent of transformations, after all - Vegeta showed this against Beerus; that wasn't the strength of the SSJ2 form alone. Alternatively, Gohan may have been doing a milder version of what Trunks did in the Super manga, of enhancing the SSJ2 form beyond its usual limits (though in Gohan's case it's clearly nowhere near SSJ3 levels). Of the two, I think the former is more likely.

I also really doubt Cell could cut Gohan's energy in half with an attack meant for Vegeta if he was significantly weaker than Gohan*; it's not like Gohan's guard was down, he was actively acting as a body shield for an attack he should have sensed. I think Gohan was just tanking because he was depressed (an important aspect of bringing out one's power) and then ended up winning because he got back into the spirit of things from Goku's pep talk because he had even more hidden power. Basically he might have lost his rage boost and cheated it back again, or just awakened even more hidden power, or both, and on top of that Cell was really strong. I think this generally fits the context with Goku wanting Gohan to "get mad!" vs Dabura (not just transforming; Vegeta was still scoffing at SSJ2 Gohan vs Kibito, and his level of power then was regarded as relatively unimpressive by the Saiyans, and at this point the transformation to SSJ2 clearly doesn't require that much rage). I think he even says something along the lines of "nobody can beat you when you're mad!". It's still an impressive level, even then.

*Daizenshuu 2 actually is pretty clear about Cell being stronger than Gohan when he returned.
Daizenshuu 2's Final Battle Section:

"セルは死んではいなかった。完全 体として再生し、瞬間移動まで身 につけ、最強の存在となっていた。

Cell wasn't dead. He regenerated in a perfect body, learned the Shunkan-Ido, and became the strongest being."

It also immediately follows this up by annotating the return of Cell with calling it a "hopeless reversal play". It also seems unlikely that Cell with his perfect brain would return all cocky if he wasn't actually at least as strong as Gohan? Frankly this is my takeaway from the manga too; the guide just acts as support for this view, imo.

This got a bit longer than I intended, lol. But uh, my personal opinion is that:
Buu Saga SSJ2 Goku ~ Majin Vegeta Gohan when he beat Cell ~ Super Perfect Cell Vegeta (Pre-Majin) Dabura.

Or something like that. There are other frameworks possible, I don't think this is an unassailable position, but I do stand by this. I'll be interested in seeing your model though. This post probably comes across as more negative than I intended because of that long tangent, lol, but I really do enjoy reading your own interpretations.
guest14128748912 chapter 108 . 9/21
Being Slavic myself I find the Drakoshin tongue pretty amusing at times, specifically when Babidi uses it. In a few instances it sounds like he's just speaking in broken Seriban/Croatian.

I don't mean any of this as a knock against the story of course, it makes me happy to see a language I'm familiar with being used for a magical, ancient language. A lot of the time, people just default to German or Latin or something.

Really unfortunate life is getting in the way of you guys continuing to work on this, though obviously personal affairs are more important than a story on the internet. No matter what you guys decide to do with this fic in the end, it'll always be among my favorites alongside Break Through The Limit and Honor Trip.
Guitarlover56784 chapter 95 . 9/14
No way. In cannon, it only took 7 years for goku to not only master ss1, but ss2 and obtain ss3. Two years and not even ss2 yet or full power ss1? Difficult to believe
Guitarlover56784 chapter 90 . 9/14
That always makes me sick when he takes trunks energy
Guitarlover56784 chapter 70 . 9/13
I feel like you guys spend more time answering questions than the story. I bet your word count for the actual story is about half of what is listed.
JSB1 chapter 64 . 9/13
So, is anyone gonna talk about the fact that this fic and How I Met Your Mother take place in the same universe? No? Just me? All right.
ADAZ99 chapter 108 . 8/30
You and david are the best.
ADAZ99 chapter 92 . 8/30
Hey this story really thrill me as always. Must be my 3rd read.
About the genki dama, it's a supposition i don't actually found on any actual fact just memory of the show but genki is an energy which is especially usefull against evil, like kid buu, and this dragonspawn is just not really evil. So it did not destroy him entirely.

And i will have to re-read some of the chapters to be sure but i think that you authors like to put the finisher moove of the next big villain on the previous one. And i love it.

Sorry for the gramar!
ADAZ99 chapter 1 . 8/20
Here we go again .. the begining of a great journey.
Now DBM saying that time travel doesn’t create universes, only travels into the past of another identical universe that already exists and creates a “change” in their past. So if no identical universes exist, then time travel becomes basically impossible for a certain universe! Also, Only beings from universe 1 can operate inter-universal tech, which is honestly an ass-pull.
Crinightnight chapter 108 . 8/19
This Is a really interesting what if about One of the best characters in Dragon ball. I hope to read more chapters soon!
Crinightnight chapter 31 . 8/7
I’m not a real lover of Dragon Ball, but I think that your fanfiction is really great!
TranshumanMarissa chapter 1 . 7/23
Its been a long time, Bringer of death. Gosh. I think when I read this last must have been back in 2012. back when Arguing over Dragon ball power level models was so much more important seeming. Gosh. I always did appreciate this story though, and he sheer amount of effort and thought put into the power scaling, even when I disagreed with it. Im glad to see its being continued, even if the pace is obviously scaled back. On the off chance either of you might recognize me, I posted as Marinalightyear or something like it back on Multiverse.

Thank you for the amazing story, and I look forward to rereading it all over again.
samuelvicinanza chapter 108 . 7/19
Lol bringer of death is like the berserk of fanfic
Keep up the great writing!
7,724 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »