Reviews for Bringer of Death
The Anguished One chapter 79 . 3/19
The world is restored, Mr. Satan has some creative thinking to do to claim glory, Trunks' sword is repaired... and Vegeta has been ruled to be pretty neutral in the afterlife. Good enough, but not quite on Goku's level. I'm sure the Prince will find some way around that to fight Goku, after they and Pikkon confront Cell of course.
The Anguished One chapter 78 . 3/10
An epic battle between Vegeta and Cell, the monster finally getting the thrashing he deserves from the prince... only for Cell to, by pure luck, abuse Vegeta's achilles heel. Vegeta making the ultimate sacrifice to finally kill Cell makes plenty of sense and, given how different the Buu Saga will probably be, is as close to BoD is getting to Majin Vegeta's canonical decision. It was a powerful departure for the Bringer of Death to close out the Curse of Gero volume. That said, it really felt like this was setting the stage for what's to come. I quite like Gohan, both in BoD and canon, but he's missed out his chance to be the big hero (of course, you've mentioned Bojack is coming so I suspect that will be his time) and I'm excited to see where he goes from here. How will Vegeta's empire react to his death, assuming they're told? Can Broly, Oniya and C47 hold things together while Vegeta is dead? This was great, and it's only got me excited to see what comes next.
HopeIsAnIllusion chapter 101 . 3/7
“LSSJ doesn’t have a SSJ form” clearly you have never heard of Dragon Ball Heroes

“That’s why Goku doesn’t seem to be 10x SSB” what does ten times look like lol? You can’t really tell the difference in strength between two characters beyond 40-100% unless they directly say so.

I think you guys should try to go towards the manga once (if) you guys reach Super concerning SSB anyway. SSB Kaioken won’t really give advantageous results if we’re using your model.
The Anguished One chapter 77 . 3/4
Redeeming Broly, allowing him to have the freedom he's never known, setting him up as the ruler of his empire while he's away... Nice one on Vegeta. Actually saving what he could of his fleet was also quite the intense scene. I'm not too sure how to feel about Vegeta developing his own version of Instant Transmission, but I will wait to see your explanation of the technique.
As for Davidstarlingm having to depart from the story, I thank him for all he's done for Bringer of Death.
The Anguished One chapter 76 . 3/2
As Vegeta's canonical ascension into Super Saiyan 2 dealt with him accepting that Goku will always be superior to him, I like that BoD's version is him accepting that his title of being a prince doesn't matter anymore, that he doesn't need to be the Lord of the Universe to keep his pride. I'm excited to see how Vegeta ends his fight with Broly, and the long-term consequences of Vegeta possibly leaving his empire behind as he focuses on his life on Earth.
Does the color of a character’s aura hold any meaning? How do you get a black aura, since black is the absence of color?
The Anguished One chapter 75 . 2/28
The Dragon Balls are near the Sun, Cell (unsurprisingly) survived and killed Goku, knocked out and possibly killed Krillin and 18, and defeats an exhausted Gohan... Too bad for Cell that Vegeta evidently defeated Broly by achieving Super Saiyan 2. Something tells me Cell forgot about the Saiyan prince out in space.
Frb Tkz chapter 1 . 2/26
As I'm reading this I just see the end if the Vegeta vs Jiren battle in my head right before he gets knocked off. great job for being able to match up to such an incredible and character defining moment in the series. I only started this fic a couple of days ago, drawn in by the amount of attention it for from even one of my favorite docs Break Through The Limit, and reading through even this much I can honestly say that this fic deserves the immense amount of attention it has gotten.
The Anguished One chapter 74 . 2/26
Cell's desperation tactic makes sense from his point of view, but it's really funny how much it's blown up in his face. Too certain that he's destined to be perfect, he ended up making himself weaker than Krillin. Speaking of, nice to see Krillin get the chance to kick Cell around. The fakeout with Goku's canonical sacrifice being avoided thanks to Namek being impervious to damage is a nice twist. Of course, I'm pretty sure we're still going to have Cell return, now gloating about being even more perfect.
The Anguished One chapter 73 . 2/24
Gohan's absolute dominance of Perfect Cell, along with the destruction of Frieza Jr and Raditz Jr, aren't too surprising, it would have been crazy for any of them to stand against him. Cell getting desperate enough to absorb Krillin... Now that's interesting. He's banking a lot on the idea that this won't screw himself over and make him weaker or something. Points for effort for Cell either way.
The Anguished One chapter 72 . 2/22
Raditz Jr getting his tail back thanks to his father's "kindness" is interesting as it reopens the chance of him transforming, but is obviously overshadowed by the end of the chapter. Piccolo III remembers his real connection to Gohan, who he was based on, and that blows up in Cell's face in the perfect way. Super Saiyan 2 Gohan versus Perfect Cell... we know how this goes.
AlexDnD chapter 40 . 2/19
Interesting story. I do wish numbers meant more in DBZ land and this fic but I can understand why that isn’t changing.
The Anguished One chapter 71 . 2/19
While I knew this arc couldn't end without someone reaching Super Saiyan 2 and thus wasn't surprised that Cell survived, I did like the idea that Cell was defeated by Trunks and Goku working together considering how rarely we see any of the Z Fighters fighting as a team. Sad to see Trunks' sword broken too, considering how he got it. At least it lasted longer than in canon.
Is this fanfict done?
The Anguished One chapter 70 . 2/18
While I was excited to see how Trunks would fair against Cell Jr, Goku making it a 2 vs 2 is a solid plan. What's fun is that I still honestly feel like any of the three Saiyans present at the Perfect Tournament could be the one to defeat Cell.
7,042 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »