Reviews for Bringer of Death
The Anguished One chapter 31 . 1/13
While not quite training, Vegeta testing Trunks' limits is a step in the right direction for the two. Trunks also getting some sparring in with Goku will help the time traveler close the gap a bit more between himself and the other two Super Saiyans.
Nice to have Oniya and Yamcha alive again. I'm really excited to see what role Oniya has moving forward, both in this arc and Bringer of Death as a whole.
molan chapter 101 . 1/12
So we're back on hiatus? Neat...
The Anguished One chapter 30 . 1/12
I appreciate filling more details on what Goku did after becoming a Super Saiyan but before he came back to Earth, both in this timeline and the one Trunks hails from. It's also nice seeing Krillin and Trunks chatting. The Earthlings need to do some creative thinking to catch up to the Saiyans, and Trunks just needs some friends. I am surprised Trunks is staying to help train though. Hopefully nothing happens in this time while he's away.
The Anguished One chapter 29 . 1/11
Goku mourning the Yardrat and embracing some of his more battle-prone urges unleashing his Super Saiyan... I admit I like this trigger for the transformation less than his canonical motive, but I don't mean that as an insult. It's just real hard to top his battle with Frieza. This was still a good chapter.
The Anguished One chapter 28 . 1/10
Well then. Goku was simply killed by Vegeta before the Androids were even a factor... I can't imagine what Future Bulma felt after that, losing her closest friend to the father of her unborn child. It does also potentially cause a problem in that Trunks probably doesn't have any heart medicine for Goku now, as Goku didn't live long enough for his illness to reveal itself. That's going to be a problem.
Scissors Dolphin chapter 101 . 1/10
This is a very good, and balanced story. I read from chapter 1 to 101 in a few days.

The cell saga was a bit overly long, with a bit too many resurrections. Some of the interjecting scenes (such as the future arc) seems to be placed to build up tension over unanswered questions. I did not particularly like that.

The reference characters (characters with names taken from other things), especially a few meme ones, were a bit distracting. Less obvious ones were less jarring.

I hope David's issue can be resolved well.

I greatly enjoyed the non-action "slice of life" scenes. I like the new power scaling. I like all the characters.

All the characters are consistent, and well written. The story, in general, was well written and well developed. It also followed canon a great deal, though possibly too much.

I feel like some more deviation from canon could have been interesting. As an example, I feel like Goku's remaining dead for 7 years seems unnecessary from a narrative point of view.

I enjoy Vegeta's control of the empire, and character interactions.

All in all, a very consistent and well written story. I didn't comment on all the good things because there are too many.
The Anguished One chapter 27 . 1/9
Despite the changes to history, Trunks' future seems more or less unchanged so far. I do find it odd that Trunks so far hasn't mentioned Goku's heart virus, but that may simple be coming at the end of his explanation.
Commander M2 chapter 95 . 1/8
Since Future Gohan, Future Goku and Future Vegeta is revived, don't you think that it's time to bring Future Goten and Future Bulla in Bringer of Death.
Commander M2 chapter 101 . 1/8
Tell me, do you plan on bringing Tarble in Bringer of Death. Yes or No. If you do, he is Vegeta's brother.
The Anguished One chapter 26 . 1/8
With Cold's death, I reach the end of Volume 1 of Bringer of Death. I'm quite pleased with how things have played out so far. We're still close to canon, but there's enough changes and new variables to keep people guessing. Trunks' future has clearly been altered enough that he has a different approach but still needs to try and change its path, Gero has even more frost demon DNA to work with (looking at Cooler's head to be specific), and there's less of a power gap between Vegeta and Goku. Exciting times.
The Anguished One chapter 25 . 1/8
I like the segment at the start from Cold's perspective. Nice look into his mind as his body transforms and he has to calm himself lest his own power be a threat to himself.
Ah, that Saiyan pride isn't doing Goku or Vegeta any favors here. Trunks being forced to join the fray is good here, he's got to explain the coming Android threat anyway, might as well give him a chance to show his power alongside the other two Super Saiyans to take down Cold. Even better, it may light a fire under the rest of the Z Fighters to show that they need to work on closing the growing power gap.
The Anguished One chapter 24 . 1/8
While I'm excited to learn how exactly Goku became a Super Saiyan in BoD, that can wait as it's quite fun seeing him and Vegeta working together to fight Cold. Their thirst for a challenge has likely made things much more dangerous, both for them and for Earth itself, by allowing Cold to transform again but it'll make for an exciting clash to end the Frost Demons volume on. Seeing Goku act more like a Saiyan works here as he's only recently gained the ability to become a Super Saiyan, but I'm still hoping he takes that "training" he did with Gohan in canon to act normal while transformed.
The Anguished One chapter 23 . 1/7
Alright, Vegeta getting some humility! Let's be frank, it needs to happen. As much as I've enjoyed Vegeta as a lord, and am indeed curious if and what his long-term plans for the Cold Empire under his control are, he needs to be shown that the Super Saiyan transformation isn't an instant win tactic and that he cannot fight alone every time. That'll certainly take longer to be fully accepted, but him and Goku working together to fight Cold is a good first step.
post a new chapter
The Anguished One chapter 22 . 1/7
I can enjoy some fluff between Vegeta and Bulma, I always did enjoy them being together serving as excellent growth for the prince. It does kind of amuse me that Yamcha's possessed assault on Vegeta's ship and thus killing Oniya basically gave Bulma the chance to still fall for the Super Saiyan. Garlic Jr is responsible for BoD's Trunks' existence.
6,976 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »