Reviews for Bringer of Death
Some Random chapter 52 . 1/22/2013
When I saw all those reviews following on from your reply to me about the Death Battle, I was worried that some of the butthurt rage over Goku's loss would migrate over here and it would all be my fault! Good to see that the reviewers here remained more level-headed than elsewhere.

You misspelled that author's name (it's "puiwaihin", an easy mistake to make!) so I couldn't find the stories through or through Google. FF, Y U NO ALLOW HYPERLINKS? But I remembered I'd seen those stories in your favourites list before so if anyone would like to read them, go to npberryhill's profile page.

Aaaaaaanyway, I forgot for a moment about how the Brave Sword would do extra damage to Cell. As for how Trunks will be able to hit him with it, you've got me there unless you're bringing in a reverse USSJ form that turns an ASSJ into a nimble but weak bishie! I'm not sure whether Vegeta will to try to kill 18 now. He now knows how much he's outclassed and still sees 18 as a machine but then again he's had a refill of fighting spirit.

If Vegeta's jumped up to 360 million without being fully healed does it mean that as regular training gives better results when someone's recently reached a new form, so do zenkais? But while a (full) zenkai from being beaten nearly to death would trump a few days regular training it's not as good as specifically squeezing power out of ASSJ in those same days like Goku did?

You've already thought about the Mystic unlock (interesting because someone else will be given it?), how far in advance do you have the story beats worked out and how much have they changed before when it's come closer to putting them to paper? Any examples of thigns that have already happened that were wildly different from what your first planned?

Sorry I didn't congratulate David earlier on David IV's birth! Hope he doesn't grow up in a world where nations crumble as armies battle over who would win in a fight between post-Ultimate Final Turbo Mega Earthly Crisis of Infinite Zeroes Superman and Goku from the end of Dragon Ball GTX Quad SLI (you know Toei will make it!). But if push comes to shove I hope his dad will be there for him, global events having not caused him to die of head trauma by facepalm!
Plasmic chapter 52 . 1/22/2013
Great chapter loved it. Thanks for clearing up the fpssj stuff. Dont get me wrong im not one of those guys who needs goku to be the best all the time. Just thought that mite be a plothole but i was wrong. Cant wait to see how this version of cell saga ends.
Keep it up and update soon

Plasmic
Kid Goku Forever chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Great opening chapter.
Guest chapter 52 . 1/22/2013
Such an amazing fanfic! I figured I'd check it out after seeing the link on a DBZ board, ended up reading through the first 30 or so chapters (however many were up at the time), and since then I've made sure to check it out every Tuesday at midnight. I love how you get inside every characters' head. Not only are you keeping the personalities true to the manga/anime, you're expanding on them, showing us their innermost thoughts.

One of the parts of DBZ that I liked the most was the different forms of SSJ, like ascended, ultra, and full power. I liked how different each form was, and how it took a different training approach to reach each form. I did always wonder why Goku was so much more successful than Vegeta training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, when before they'd both always seemed very skilled at training and improving. I guess Goku just had a breakthrough that time around. I'm very interested to see how you handle FPSSJ, and who gets there first. It looks like pretty much everyone realizes now that USSJ isn't going to work. When Goku cleared his mind at the bottom of the ocean, is that going to lead him toward FPSSJ? When I read that I immediately thought "Next time he trains, he's going to use that feeling to master SSJ." Just thought there may be a bit of foreshadowing there.
Guest chapter 52 . 1/22/2013
wow great story just so epic this is my most favourite fanfic if this had a chance to become a new dragon ball z cartoon id defiantly watch it you guys are great keep up your hard work :D
Perfect Carnage chapter 52 . 1/22/2013
I didn't know that the Semi-Perfect form was Toriyama's favourite. Most fans like either the Imperfect or Perfect form, so Semi-Perfect doesn't really get much love.

-Perfect Carnage
Zatahlus chapter 52 . 1/21/2013
Fantastic story, not sure how Vegeta and Trunks are going to get out of this one. Maybe Broly shows up? Hey, don't look at me like that, a sane Broly would make for a nice change!

Also regarding the whole Superman debate, the only thing I would note is that you seem to get a lot of facts about the Man of Steel wrong. He does have massive explosive strength, he can easily handle 6 sextillion tons (check out latest 52 comic) and he has survived a red giant supernova before (he was only knocked out for a second or two). Don't get me wrong, I also believe that the Death Battle underestimated a number of facts about DBZ themselves. The strength calculation comes to mind.

But this is not a forum for DBZ/Superman/My Little Pony debates... so lets move on. :)
rusak chapter 52 . 1/21/2013
Will you make trunks and vegeta go fpssj here? It was so stupid they did not do it in canon but goku had to be the best so its okay. Also how would a canon cell games fpssj trunks and vegeta compare to goku and gohan ( I'm guessing vegeta would be really close to goku and trunks really close to gohan).
Supersaiyaninfinitygohan chapter 52 . 1/21/2013
Comment: Must... resist... complaining about... lack of Gohan rage... jk. Said I wouldn't talk about him for a while, and you guys seem to know what you're doing... so I'll try to last a little longer.
Review: Nice stuff here. I am very interested as to how you will deal with Perfect Cell (and yes I know he will appear. Why else would there be art for him?) and Brolly.
My response to Superman vs. Goku:
I'll give them this: No one would be happy with the outcome. Even if they were both done complete justice, one side would not care and say math was wrong, some fighting technique wasn't in and whatnot.
I truly believe its a plain question that should not be answered and people should just dislike or like the video to give their peace and leave it behind them. But I will say that Screw Attack was still EPICLY unfair.
Question:
Will we ever see Kamicollo or ever go to Namek?
Parody:
Sorry if this is being a bother, but I have some free time this weekend and would really like to know if I have your permission to do it or not. Again, sorry if this is a bother and I know its a tough decision, but I promise to give your story the best portrayal I can if allowed.
Good luck and good health to you, your families and your friends!
-Supersaiyaninfitygohan
Mattix Ultimate chapter 52 . 1/21/2013
I think I understand what you're saying about Gohan and Goku in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Before, you said that when a Saiyan starts nearing their plateau in power, the rate at which they gain power starts slowing down (I have a theory like that about the Heart Virus). When Gohan flashed into Super Saiyan 2 (my fav form), he achieved a new transformation which increased his plateau and let him regain the rate of power gain he had before. This is what put him above Goku, who still had the FPSSJ limits. So basically, if it weren't for Gohan flashing into Super Saiyan 2, he would have been weaker than Goku. Right?
anonymous chapter 52 . 1/21/2013
Call me a cannot, but are you going to make future trunks live up to his half saiyan potential? I mean in the cell games he was effectively equal to vegeta even after he went into the HTC a second time while being equal to him. Also how would a canon cell games fpssj trunks compare percentage wise to gohan and cell?
NathanX chapter 51 . 1/21/2013
Hmmm alright so maybe just maybe you guys will have Broly work with cell and then the Z fighters are in much more trouble because Cell has the Brain/Brawn and Broly had the Superbrawn with cells brain lol
Dark Domination chapter 52 . 1/21/2013
I can't help but feel that you are draggin out the use of Semi Perfect Cell's form which I don't mind since it makes things that much more intense and readers like myself that much more eager to read the next chapter but I really just want to see Cell become perfect which I know will happen in due time...Its just taking so freakign long. XP

Keep up the tensions and the great work.
dragonball256 chapter 52 . 1/21/2013
Oh man things are looking good, wonder what kind of moves father & son will do to try to stop Cell.

Also it would be nice if you had an update on what Broly is currently doing, haven't heard from him in awhile...
Bills Feline of Destruction chapter 52 . 1/21/2013
Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! AMAZING! I not sure if I can survive another week without an update.

If you didnt get it that was a great chapter.
5,932 | « Prev Page 1 .. 315 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 335 .. Last Next »