Reviews for Bringer of Death
Girl in Green chapter 60 . 3/23/2013
good so far :D update soon! :)
RockinJ chapter 60 . 3/23/2013
Wow, Amazing! lookin forward 4 the next chapter!
cp193 chapter 60 . 3/23/2013
Great story. I'm really excited for this tournament to get underway! Which z-fighters do you have planned fighting the 'Cell Jrs'?
Some Random chapter 60 . 3/23/2013
I think I came across as more negative about the Late Late Show segment than I intended. The main problem was that it was quite jarring to go to an entire opening monologue of a late night talk show, but you did such a good job mimicking Craig's style that I wouldn't want you to trim it down now. And the interview itself was a good way of presenting Cell's perversely playful personality.

As for this chapter, I love your twist on the Cell Juniors! The art for them was effective too. Before seeing it I pictured Raditz Jr. with Kid Goku or Goten proportions and Piccolo III with hatchling Piccolo Jr. proportions (or a "Gotenized" buffer version thereof) but the way that they're more like chibi versions of the adults makes them more like twisted mockeries. I must have picked up some ESP signals about a Piccolo III, but with a lot of interference!

I have the feeling that making these Juniors more distinct will backfire on Cell. Since some are weaker than others, I think that all of them apart from Cell Jr. will be resentful towards Daddy for intentionally creating them as inferior as part of the game he's playing with the Z Fighters. Frieza Jr. already seems to be holding Cell in contempt in his first few moments of existence. Even if they don't attack him or he easily disposes of them if they do, any dissent would be humiliating for Cell if it happened in front of the Z-Fighters and the world.

Did Cell have specific opponents in mind when creating the Juniors, or did he just make one for each species with Cell Jr instead of a human because lol humans? I've made a guess as to how they might match up but I'll leave it out of here because it could easily be totally wrong.

What was interesting to me was that the Z-Fighters predicted not only two tactics that Cell used together to create the Juniors, but they also guessed at something very much like the Majin curse. This implies that later on you're going to subvert that too, which is interesting.

I'm surprised that Paragus is still alive. I thought Vegeta was going to have him killed after listening to him boast and then I thought Broly was going to kill Paragus before deciding to fight Vegeta anyway. It makes me wonder if you'll have him involved in any twists in the battle.
fkp5 chapter 24 . 3/22/2013
Why is this Trunks so weak compared to Goku and Vegeta? In the anime, I never got the impression that he was much weaker than Goku when he first arrived on Earth.
fkp5 chapter 23 . 3/22/2013
Great chapter. It's good to see Goku back. I know thatt Cold was talking about Trunks when he referred to the other 'Super Saiyan', but has Goku turned into a Super Saiyan yet? I guess I'll have to read the next chapter to see.
Guest chapter 60 . 3/22/2013
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
Alejandro chapter 60 . 3/22/2013
Hmmm interesting chapter, I quite liked the different kind of cell jrs you thought up with. I'm pretty excited to see the piccolo cell fight piccolo. I also hope that piccolo plays a bigger part in your story as it seems you guys "put him on a bus" by making him stay in namek. Piccolo was always one of my favorites and I never liked how irrelevant he got in terms of hinting enemies as the series went on. Hopefully this is something you guys can improve upon. I did note that you mentioned that ancient nameks used kaio-ken, hopefully this means piccolo will learn it as that way he can keep up with the saiyans strength
jcogginsa chapter 32 . 3/22/2013
meh, i didn't really like this chapter. Vegeta was a villain, not even tengentially a hero like he is in the non special chapters. furthermore, Goku seemed to be too weak, for the purposes of the plot. I can certainly see vegeta beating goku, what i can't see if him doing it so easily. A true fight to the death between the two would end with one of them dead and the other in need of hospitalization/healing tank/senzu bean.

Vegeta might train more than Goku, but Goku gets more out of it because he knows how to train properly. Vegeta works out until he is utterly exhausted, where as Goku pushes himself but still takes regular rest breaks so his body can heal and grow stronger. the body grows stronger during the rest after training, which vegeta doesn't do as often, so he wouldn't get the best results. It's overtraining to be blunt
jcogginsa chapter 31 . 3/22/2013
as i recall, the heart virus wasn't unique to goku.

regarding yamcha, i tend to think he and ulma broke up before Vegeta became an option. This chapter seems to be too harsh on the scar faced bandit
jcogginsa chapter 30 . 3/22/2013
i feel bad for vegeta. goku's training methods are more effective thanhis, so he has to choose between letting Goku be stronger or asking goku for tips, neither of which he wants to do XD
jcogginsa chapter 29 . 3/22/2013
from what i understand, Cell in the original came from a timeline where in the future androids were destroyed after being paralyzed by a shutdown device instead of trunks being stronger than them. As a rsult, imperfect cell was stronger than trunks and killed him
Guest chapter 60 . 3/22/2013
Good
fkp5 chapter 22 . 3/22/2013
Nice chapter. I really enjoyed the Bulma/Vegeta dialogue. I expect the Vegeta's fight with Cold will be one to remember.
American Vigor chapter 32 . 3/22/2013
The audacity of Vegeta's decision to kill Goku in Timeline I was extreme; even Vegeta apparently subtly thought so, as he briefly questioned the merit of what he had done. The fact he briefly reflected upon killing Goku and even momentarily reconsidered whether he had acted appropriately is demonstrative of Vegeta's psychological evolution from merciless killer to merciless killer with a capacity for limited remorse.

Vegeta's sense of respect as exhibited in this chapter is an unconventional, yet unrealistic one. Although he killed Goku, he respected Goku's accomplishments so much that he gave a brief eulogy in his honor. If Vegeta had been an absolutely psychotic freak, it is likely that death would have happened without reflection.

You were wise to prevent a key plot hole that could have been caused regarding the permanence of the events discussed in this chapter - the characters' considerations regarding the possibility of reviving Goku with the Dragon Balls of New Namek successfully show why the Z-Fighters did not consider this a viable option.

As per Vegeta's ruthless murder of Goku, I'm surprised that Trunks is interacting with him in BoD Timeline II as well as he is. It seems likely that growing up in a world of chaos after one's own father killed the planet's main defender who could have done at least something to try to stop the chaos should cause that individual to have significant resentment of one's father. Also, as Gohan in BoD Timeline I trained Trunks and became quite close with him, one would think that Trunks, whose father figure much more so was Gohan than his biological father (who he had never met), would have become empathetic to Gohan's rage at the fact Vegeta killed Goku, and that Trunks would have been far less eager to spend time with Vegeta in BoD Timeline II than he has shown to be.

C-47's sadistic humor at the end of this special helped emphasize the special's overall tone of discord, enabling readers to have a refreshed feeling of such discord at the very end of the special that they could remember and consider to be emblematic of the special.

Excellent work, and I'm looking forward to reading Chapter 33!

AV