Reviews for Dark Horizons
Randoh chapter 34 . 5/9/2009
Terrible. The Takahashi brothers do not act that way. When I started reading this I had high hopes of finally coming across a good Initial D fic that isnt yaoi and has the right plot pace and character development. What I get instead is a poorly written, technically inaccurate, westernized story with a mary sue as the main character!

I cannot believe I managed to read this far. I think the thing that really ruined the story and cemented the mary sueness of your character was the romance aspect of the story. CLASSIC mary sure behavior. The "perfectness" and "godlike skills" that she has makes it all the more apparent. Keep in mind this is a woman, you need a darn good reason to make the readers believe that a woman would go that far into things like this.

Kill Aki off, then rewrite.
John chapter 34 . 12/15/2005
This is a great fan fic, with a great balance of character development and racing action. I have enjoyed reading every chapter, and look forward to those upcoming. I am an avid auto enthusiast, and most of the automotive details are sound.

I would like to see slightly more weaknesses in Aki and Ryosuke, maybe to make them a little more realistic. Aki in particular seems to be a little too perfect, being the best driver, a great engine builder, and instructor.

The other suggestion I can make is to try to keep you vehicle info and performance as accurate as possible. If you are interested, feel free to bounce some ideas for cars or engines off of me, since I have wasted much of my life studying such things.

Thank you very much for the great fan fic,

John
michiwoo chapter 34 . 8/22/2005
nice story, please update! ]
Phantom of Inferno chapter 33 . 7/13/2005
I luv this story, please keep it going.
CelicaChick chapter 34 . 5/7/2005
Hooray! i cna't believe you updated! I love this story and can't wait for the next installement! Cheers!
crazy chapter 34 . 5/7/2005

It's been ages _
808MaiTai chapter 34 . 4/24/2005
I was so excited when I got a notice in my inbox saying this story had been updated! Thank you! _ I love this story and I always can't wait to see what happenes next! This chapter was awesome!
Cloudstrife676 chapter 1 . 4/17/2005
YAY! ANOTHER STORY FOR MY C2 NETWORK! THANK YOU!
Baka-Tenshi chapter 4 . 2/1/2005
Hmm, you could have put more work into the races but that's okay. Finally you got Takumi, but I don't think he'd know any of that stuff he commented on. I mean he drives with his sub-concious. Other then that he shouldn't know anything about cars. Make him make mistakes in his comments then let Ryosuke explain it to him. Remember Ry is teaching Takumi all the inner-workings of a car and racing. _ Good story. But I'll have to read the rest tommorow.
Baka-Tenshi chapter 3 . 2/1/2005
Hmm... -_- a bit of a cliffy eh? Well I'll just keep reading ne? Btw when will Takumi make his appearence? Maybe he shows up in the next chapters I hope.
Baka-Tenshi chapter 2 . 2/1/2005
LMAO! That bit about Nakazato's date was funny! _ Seriously he's not the type of guy I can imagine blushing and in love. It doesn't suit him! Good story so far, and I thought the way you described Aki's drift was good, it showed you did some research. Well, on to the next chapter!
Baka-Tenshi chapter 1 . 2/1/2005
Hmm... seems like a very interesting story. I like it. I'll continue reading. Btw actually a car shouldn'd have a full tank just before a race. Each gallon adds about 7ibs. So the car should only have enough to get by. _
CelicaChick chapter 33 . 1/11/2005
THAT CAN NOT BE ALL! I see oyu haven't updated since August... Are you still writing this story? I hope you are!
CelicaChick chapter 6 . 1/10/2005
I AM SO LOVING THIS STORY! II have to read on SEE YAH!
BeemerLvr chapter 33 . 1/6/2005
Hey! You have a good story going. I'm impressed with it's length and that the character development is not lagging too much. I have on critique to make, though, and that is that Aki is turning (has been turning) into a "Mary-Sue" type. No one is that perfect. It is important to keep eveything in focus. Yes, Takumi is amazing in the show, but as we all saw, he is beatable and his lack of mechanical knowledge offsets his driving and produces a realistic character. Sure, he knows stuff now but there is no way he could build his own engine prototype. The sense of realism is what Aki lacks and I feel that the story would be drastically improved with some sense of reality in her character.

At this point, the story is well written but not realistic.