Reviews for The Last Son and the Second Best
ThomasNealy chapter 8 . 7/31
Yes yelling Clarks real name with the army around smart move on Lauras part. Clark needs to be more careful with his lose liped friends or his secrete will be out soon.
imperator277 chapter 17 . 5/8
This is a good story. A bit confusing to follow but good. I like the Laura and Clark moments and hope they come together as a couple soon. Update soon as well as taught to hate. That one is good.
Miles Militis of Justicia chapter 17 . 5/8
Great chapter! But by any chance as that alternate universe a glimpse into the Smallville X Evolution verse?
mmat chapter 17 . 5/5
Will we see Clark join the fight in New York and will he still go to the Phantom Zone?
ben10987654321 chapter 17 . 5/3
Despite the healing factor Laura really needs to learn when to dodge things and not get holes blasted through her. They'll come a day when it's too much for even her. Just saying.

And Lex is shutdown...for a little while only I'm guessing.

What alternate universe was that?

Ooh killer robots and X-Men...isn't that a typical Tuesday?

Wait, what's wrong with Betsy? Now i need to know.

Good update. Glad you're back writing this story.
Sean Malloy-1 chapter 17 . 5/2
Nice update, I'm looking forward to more.

How does Laura know betty Ross?
shugokage chapter 17 . 5/2
Intriguing chapter good job!
Quathis chapter 17 . 5/2
Rough training session. Good to see that Lex's experiments are getting a huge road block. Unto next time.
Bucio chapter 17 . 5/2
This is what intrigues me is the end, on which is what happens with Betty Ross, except that if to appear, there is something a little out of place with Clark, I mean by the comment of Laura, that normally Clark recover faster and without much trouble.

Besides is nice to see Laura have other friends besides the X Men, as in the case of Betty, that being the from the second Hulk movie is my favorite version from her.
Mist of Rainbows chapter 17 . 5/2
Hmmm, I was enjoying things until the fight with the robots of stupid plot hole. It doesn't actually make sense that they can actually simulate kryptonite just by touching him. You're talking about instantaneous scanning of genetics on an order of magnitude greater than the robots ever pulled (keep in mind they're keyed to mutants) to find a weakness that's exotic as hell. Also I'm a bit skeptical about the danger room being able to simulate kyptonite. I don't recall them being able to simulate adamantium either but I'll admit it's been a while since I looked at that. I might be biased because I thought the whole days of future past movie had some retarded crap in it even if parts of it were amusing.

That's assuming that Logan didn't just program in a short cut for the kryptonite because it was a training tool... but even then I can't see the danger room being able to replicate it.

Other than that, Clark needs a full suit for that type of crap.
thekiller00 chapter 17 . 5/2
It's good to see you posting a new chapter for this.

I'm curious to see why Laura really wanted to see Betty and I'm wondering what happened to Betty that caused her to collapse during her class.
coolrod chapter 1 . 5/2
The only thing that I will say is that in this story clark as superman is way too over confidence here. I kinda would like to superman have more of a balance where he confidence but at the same time not to self righteous either. Also it seems like he can do too much in such a short amount of time that the other characters in this story feel useless. This is the reason that I wish that he started off as the blur first like some of your other stories. But it's still cool to see some smallville/marvel universe stories.
ssj3gohan007 chapter 17 . 5/2
Another brilliant installment! I am dying to know what happens next! :)
McCabeRz chapter 4 . 5/2
Yeah, no.

Decided to re-read this considering it was updated and I had forgotten nearly everything, and have now realised that the outcome to the fight between Kal and Hulk is wrong.

Hulk is made of Gamma radiation, And while it's true he gets stronger the more stressed his mind gets, Kal's physiology is made to absorb and digest all forms of radiation barring Kyrptonite.

Hulk definitely has the strength to Hurt Kal as soon as his muscles go past the point of being able to bypass his "Shield", but every time Kal was punched it should have healed straight away because he heals and thrives off of the very thing Hulk is made of.

Ergo, Hulk is strong enough to hurt Superman, but every hit he'd do damage with would also be the thing that heals it.

It's basically like hitting Goku with Senzu beans.
blaker316 chapter 17 . 5/2