Reviews for Ōkami no Naku Koro Ni
Fan Of Games chapter 12 . 9/5/2012
Well, this interesting story has certainly come to an end. Now I'm ready to give it a full review; spelling and grammer mistakes don't count, but everything else does.

Positives:
*Great development of the plot, providing answers at the appropriate time while raising new questions.
*The atmosphere was truly excellent-on a side note, it sort of reminds of the Whodunnit arc of the Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler when translated into English) manga; speaking of which...
*Nicely crafted settings that fans of the mystery genre can identify with.
*Pretty good character development; the same could be said for relationships with other characters.
*Story is of a decent length; not too short, nor is it too long.
*Really good job of leaving cliff hangers at the appropriate moments to leave the readers wanting more.
*Good attention to detail.

Neutrals:
N/A

Negatives:
*There could've been more characterization of the other Stakes of Purgatory. Mammon steals the spotlight (if you get the meaning) for the vast majority of the story, leaving only leftover slivers of the spotlight for her sisters when they were mentioned in their Stake forms. I understand that the character pairing for this story is Ange/Mammon, but it would've been nice to see the other Stakes have parts to play-ones that are larger than the ones they played in this story.

Final Score: 9/10
Final Word:
All in all, this story is an excellent mystery that deserves the praise it gets. It uses familiar settings and is a great example of the Whodunnit mysteries-so much so that, if this story was published as a book, I'd endorse it after reading it. True, there may be some flaws (see the negatives above), but they don't hamper the story as the good qualities outweigh the bad ones.
I'm really glad I read this story. It was a great read, and an excellent mystery to boot. I often found myself wondering who could've committed the murders and how the murders themselves could've been pulled off. In the end, I was impressed with how good a job had been done.

Keep up the good work, Der Blaue Wolf. If you write another great Umineko story like this one, I'll be sure to give it a read; although, I don't really read romance stories because romance isn't my cup of tea. So I apologize in advance for not reading any romance stories you write because of that.

Again, keep up the good work and good luck.
Angel Davis chapter 6 . 6/20/2012
This story is amazing and I have to admit I didn't think that I would be as intrigued as I thought I was going to be. I don't often read Mysteries as amazing as this. I have to admit, its very good.

I would just like to add something else, it was a little confusing to memorize all the characters names and faces in just one chapter, and even harder still to call upon that information later on. That was the only problem that I had with the story.

I LOVE the use of the different Truths and also the complexity of the mystery with each trial that she is put through to try to solve. I cant wait till the next chapter because you have me hooked Wolf-San.

The second largest thing that I like/hate about this is HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU ARGUE with the freaking warlock? I've been sitting here for about two hours trying all possibilities of how the culprit managed to commit such a murder and I came up with nothing. It was frustrating and made me take off my hat to you also, well played sir you would make Beatrice-sama proud!

All in all so far I give you a 8/10, very good.
Fan Of Games chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
I read the beginning of this story, and I must say that it looks interesting so far. I'll read the story first and then give a full review after I finish reading the last chapter.

Also, feel free to read and review my own Umineko stories, as well as visit my profile page for updates on some of them and other stories I'm working on.