Reviews for The Promise
Lee N chapter 1 . 8/1
Wonderful story, so true to the series and the characters. You're a good writer, thank you for sharing your story with other fans of the show. I loved the series growing up and it is a treat to watch it now each Saturday morning on AMC and to read fanfic such as this.
IcyWaters chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

I'm a relatively new fan of "The Rifleman," having caught a few episodes one Saturday morning on AMC. The strong bond Lucas and Mark share is the heart and soul of the series - and you capture it in all its glory. I adore how Margaret made the two most important people in her life promise to take care of one another. Even better is how neither of them will ever break that promise.

Another passage I was in awe of was Lucas' reaction to his wife's suffering - if her pain was a human, he would rip it apart limb from limb. He would, too. That one sentiment shows the breadth of his love and devotion to her. The ending, with Mark confessing to how he snuck in to see his mother, was sweet and incredibly touching. We need more of that in today's world.

Thank you for the wonderful story.
dawn chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
I loved this story. I only discoverd the riflemen t.v show recently but loved it instantly. I am so glad there are fans that can recreate the magic. I hope you continue to write,I can't wait for the next story.
Tim Sullivan chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
This is an excellent story, As a fan of the show, I could envision everything, as if I was watching it unfold on TV. This is a very, very good back story/history of the show. I would give this a 6 star out of a 5star rating. Great Job, I hope you will write more!
glitter girly chapter 1 . 9/13/2013
im just like u i grew up without a dad. and i love the rifleman and ur version of it made me cry 5 stars!
Janet B chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
Very, very nice. So sad that he was widowed but he and the boy will be just fine so long as they have each other. That's what my Mom always liked about The Rifleman (and Starman) the relationship between father and son.
Alightinthisworld chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
Type your review here...
Dinogeek chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Welp... I'm crying now. This was really, really good and very in character and you just slaughtered my emotions but it was totally worth it. It gave a very good explanation for something I've always wondered about.

stoneagequeen chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
You really did a wonderful job on this story explaining the close relationship between Lucas and Mark.
I love it!
The Rifleman has always been one of my favorite shows; ever since I was a little girl and Lucas McCain was one of my childhood heroes!
Thanks for sharing this great story.
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Lovely little story here. This show aired a little before my time but I discovered it on MeTV not long ago and fell in love with it.
charli911 chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
oh, wow! such a powerful, and sad...and yet uplifting story... you pegged both of them, father and son... i loved this show as a child... and still have a crush on mark ..LOL ... it's him a picture when I read Magnificent 7 fanfiction, of the Little Britches AU .. thanks for the fantastic read
wandamarie chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
loved it thanks i love the show i steel watch it it reminds me of when i was a little girl and watch it with my dad and my grand pa it was in reruns
Linda4HIM59 chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Thank you Gayle! Since you weren't signed in I couldn't thank you privately, so I'll thank you here. Thank you for your wonderful review. I will treasure your words always. I'm so very glad you enjoyed the story, and thrilled that you could see the action taking place as you read. That makes my day. Yes, I agree, the Chuck/Johnny - Lucas/Mark chemistry is what made the show so wonderful. I'm honored that you thought my story a fitting tribute. Thanks again! :)
Gayle Stewart chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Wow, that was great and quite worthy of the Rifleman. I could visualize the entire scene between Lucas and Mark just as if I were watching an episode of the show. Very well written and quite a tribute to Chuck Connors and Johnny Crawford. The relationship between the two characters and the chemistry between the two actors made this wonderful TV series. I grew up without a dad too, lost mine when I was 11, and I too wished Lucas could have been my pa as well. Keep up the great writing!
SANDEFUR chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Beautifully written and very touching.