Reviews for The Well Groomed Mind
user51s2r chapter 3 . 9/7
Plot progression and characterizations are well done in this chapter. Excellent!
user51s2r chapter 2 . 9/7
Utterly fantastic. This chapter's characterization and plot points were brilliant.
user51s2r chapter 1 . 9/7
I love the child grooming logic and scene. It is very well reasoned and presented.

first the chapter review...fucking brilliant. Loved it!

a note on leaving a baby out in the cold(Harry/Privet drive). I am betting there were charms on the basket/blanket that had warming charms and perhaps attention charms so that only someone from the house would notice Harry. BUT, I don't recall that being written. I was just ass-u-ming that the great Dumbledork would have used them so the baby wouldn't die in the cold or get stolen.
Christmas chapter 26 . 9/4
If Neville's Christmas rant is an example of personal bias, as in what he knows from his point of view then that is fair enough.

However, Christmas didn't begin as a Christian celebration, it was actually a, I Hesitate to use the word because I don't remember what the religion was called, pagan celebration. It got added to Christianity as a tool to encourage 'pagans' to join Christianity along with the veneration of the saints to replace the idol worship and a whole host of other things in order to show the 'pagans' that Christianity wasn't that different to their own religion and therefore they should switch. A lot of this was spearheaded by the emperor Constantine who did not like the division happening in his kingdom because of religion and decided to solve the problem by making it all the one religion. He claimed to have a dream that showed him a symbol and told him if he used it in battle as a standard he would win, he did and he won. The symbol was apparently a Christian symbol and he decided that meant he was a Christian. The Christian authorities were delighted to have an emperor as a Christian and gladly agreed to many of His suggestions. He was responsible for the changing of 'the Jewish Sabbath' to the day of the Sun, History however shows us that Constantine was not a Christian; he was faithful to his religion until the day he died.

As an aside, Easter and the 40 days of Lent was not originally from Christianity but rather from a religion worshipping the goddess Ishtar. The Christmas tree also came to us from a 'pagan' ritual.

Feel free to verify all of this yourself.

I recommend 'The Great Controversy, by E.G. White for an engrossing read on what Christianity was from the fall of Jerusalem until 1844 and a fascinating look at what Christianity was meant to Be.

As for the comment on finding a religion that doesn't have blood on its hands, I wish you the best of luck.
Buddhism is out, check out 'The Buddha Pill' plus some countries are still persecuting individuals of the Islamic faith and of Christianity. Not sure if there were other religions involved in that mess too.
Hinduism is out. They still persecute different religions in different areas, Christianity, Islam and Buddhism last I heard.
Islam is currently setting fire to the news. It is still illegal to proselytise in some of those countries with the penalty being death.

Atheism isn't safe either, Adolf Hitler and others in high ranking positions in Nazi Germany followed a Darwinian approach to their methods. They had at least one centre where they euthanized all disabled people. They may have had a massive crucifix at the entrance of the concentration camps but their philosophy and methodology came from Darwin and his Theory of Evolution.
That's my rant done.
Faery66 chapter 27 . 8/18
Hope to read more soon.

D
animal lover13 chapter 27 . 8/9
I love what you have written so far. I know its been over 4 years (a little more than 4 moths) since you last updated, but i hope youre able to soon.

Keep writing
WanderingCyborg chapter 27 . 8/6
This is hands down my favorite fanfiction, out of any fandom. I adore the character Barty Crouch Jr, and I found this searching for good fanfics with him in it. That being said, I fell in love with this story and really, really want to see where it goes. I hope everything in your life is going okay, but I am also here to beg for your return :P
hdres chapter 11 . 8/2
Dear Lady Khali. What an amazing story this is. I have been meaning to leave a comment but i was so engrossed I kept forgetting. So often a character driven story description means the writer is struggling to come up with an interesting plot but this is not case with your story. You have also written a believable progression for Harry to move from a Dumbledore supporter to presumably a LV supporter. I am also really enjoying the interactions with Moody and others. Thank you for sharing your ideas.
Velial13 chapter 27 . 7/29
I really love the story, but really hate Author Notes at the end of each chapter, they won't let me draw my own conclusions in some cases, and my mental state won't let me skip them... Anyway, the story is amazing and I really hope you will return to it.
Devidakk chapter 3 . 7/23
It's kinda sad that it's not Harry/Barty slash, but I can live with that only because that work is awesome. Genius idea and even if I don't like first person view, somehow you convinced me to like it anyway.
Hadrian Eveningshade chapter 14 . 7/13
The best conspiracy ever.
Hadrian Eveningshade chapter 13 . 7/13
Holy sh!t
First person pov? I am outta here
Raven Evans-Black chapter 27 . 7/6
how much longer will this be on hiatus
Yo chapter 1 . 6/27
I agree with you on the whole Dumbledore thing but people focus too much on the cold November night most likely they used magic to keep him warm they were out during the night surely they felt the cold
3,319 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »