Reviews for The Well Groomed Mind
Nad19 chapter 30 . 5/3
i love this, very interesting. please continue your good job. thanks!
Nad19 chapter 25 . 5/2
i hope you get better
GalacticHalfling chapter 30 . 5/1
Oh, there's still so many questions unanswered and now - seeing as this hasn't been updated for some years - I'll never find out. How cruel... Na, jokes aside: Great story. Thanks for writing it!
GalacticHalfling chapter 27 . 5/1
It's quite fascinating how many puzzle pieces about the events in 1981 Harry has got, that really just raise more questions. I mean, why does Dumbledore go to such great length to manipulate Harry if there isn't a real prophecy about him? And I'm pretty sure if all Lily wanted to do was commit suicide she would have had other options. And what reason did Voldemort have to come ofter Harry in the first place?
GalacticHalfling chapter 13 . 4/30
Wow, you pulled that reveal off amazingly! I've read my fair share of 'Harry is related to Voldemort' or 'Harry switches sides' stories, but only few of them pull make the characters actions and the extreme reveals seem as believable as they feel here. Love it!
G F chapter 27 . 4/25
Ok, maybe I'm old, and maybe the memory ain't that great, and maybe I get bored and skim a little when these things get too wordy... But who the frickenfrack is 'Mrs. Number One who died of cancer'? Is that an A/N thing that bled into the story? I don't think I missed all THAT much, and I've only been reading this like, small parts of four days.

and again, I do NOT read a/ns
G F chapter 26 . 4/25
A twelve inch trunk... is a suitcase.
Brit-speak is great, but come on. Trunks are like minimum, three feet wide, two feet tall, and two feet deep. Handles at both ends. And you literally cannot pick one up by yourself. Or, fit it under a bed.
If you can, it's a suitcase.
_
Not making change in what might as well be a foreign country , and being mathematically illiterate and financially inept are hand in hand fore some, but in truth are mutually exclusive. I've sold lumber, decks, houses, kitchens, etc., all my career, and ben the 'math guy's wherever I worked. Usually doing the thinking for the other five or ten staff, too. Drop me anywhere but an english speaking country and I'm f****d for money use. I can convert US dollars to Canadian in a Niagara Falls strip club just fine, but I've never been to Mexico, and would be clueless, there.
G F chapter 25 . 4/24
Nagging, yes, I know.
"A few minutes" in a lift (elevator), and you had better be on the hundred and whatever floor, the observation deck, half a mile in the sky. Unless some six year old in short pants and chocolate on his face, pushed every button in the panel and the door keeps opening every ten seconds.
Again, with the 'seconds, not minutes' thing. Think. There are only nine floors in the ministry. They start in the Atrium, and go DOWN, one thru nine. (stairs to the tenth floor, only). Ten seconds is the 100 meter dash in the Olympics. A lot slower for me.
G F chapter 23 . 4/23
(I know, I'm a comlete pig for this, but...)

omake:

"So, Hermione/ What's with the sun dress, anyway?

"Well Harry, I thought it was high time we both got a little 'experience'. I've only ever kissed Victor, and I wasn't sure you had, well, done anything with anybody. So... I purposefully did NOT wear any underwear today, and I thought that- for your birthday, I could sit on your face."
G F chapter 21 . 4/22
man, those are some big a/n's lately. Still not reading them 'cuz to me, they don't matter. just sayin'... seems like SOME of whatever all that is MIGHT make a difference IN the fic.
stevem1 chapter 30 . 4/24
This is a brilliant story. Harry is the subject of Dumbledore’s legilimency induced behavior modification. He breaks it and reverts to the cold, callous, rational Harry of pre-Hogwarts. He encounters many mysteries as his loyalties and friend groups shift.

Highly recommended.
G F chapter 18 . 4/22
Nitpicking here, but it's the difference between believable an makes sense, versus 'wtf?', and no sense.
(para) Neville added his blood to the papers and they glowed for a few SECONDS (not minutes).
No one is going to sit there "thousand one, thousand two... One twenty...one eighty" for a spell to kick in. Seconds. Blood, Glow, done.

_
Are magicals truly THAT stunted in imagination that they ONLY have chess, one card game, one paper, and one weekly magazine... and that is the only entertainment an entire society (10k magicals?) has?
I'm 56, and never played chess in my life. Football, baseball, basketball, and swimming (we had a pool)... usually all four every day, during the summer, and school plus ONE of those in fall to spring. I never sat still long enough to learn chess.
Gf chapter 17 . 4/22
Uh WRONG! Sirius' FIRST cousins were Andromeda, Cissy, and Bellatrix, his father's brother's children.
_
Pewter Station chess sets are $230.00. I don't know crap about chess, but I think that's just the one side. (What is the contrasting set to pewter? Black - what? Iron?
Anyways, I HIGHLY doubt poorer than sh** , Ron weasley has a better set than that, AND, I doubt a Pewter chess st came out of a Christmas cracker.
(why go with Canon on the cracker part when "all Sirius' cousins are male" couldn't be farther from Canon?)

all rhetorical, of course
stevem1 chapter 21 . 4/24
Great story. I love the nuances.
G F chapter 15 . 4/21
Pretty sure the goblin isn't going to call Riddle 'the Dark Lord's.

Ps- the whole ' Voldemort really is a Lord, and he's head of both James' AND Lily's families' thing is stretching, well, everything so far I'm getting the urge to quit. Not sure if ch15 is half way, word wise, but I've quit before on ch98 of 100, so...
(But that person used "flipendo" from the godzdamned video game, in Harry's fight with Riddle in first year. Movie crap is bad enough. Video game sh** is unacceptable.)
4,356 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »