Reviews for The Well Groomed Mind
timberwolfst chapter 18 . 2h
If Voldemonkey wasn't a psychopathic sadist, he could have embraced his halfblood roots and recruited them and muggleborn to rise up against the pureblood supremacists who were stifling the country. Since they have far greater numbers, he'd have won the war before Harry was born.
Anhkmorpork chapter 28 . 10/11
You are too fond of gimlet eyed
Jestrbob chapter 26 . 10/10
Newton was also an accomplished astrologer, as was most astronomers of that period. They use the art of cold reading in addition to dazzling and well drawn artistic star charts to dazzle the rubes (aristocracy).
Jestrbob chapter 19 . 10/10
The title can only be passed to male descendants? Ergo the second Peverelle brother had a daughter, she couldn't inherit. The third brother changed his name from Pevervelle to Potter, to better hide from death. That 3rd brother married the only existing descendant of Gryffindor. Thus the title could be passed thru his daughter to a second son. The daughter could never hold the title itself and her husband would be regent of Gryffindor, until he had a son. The eldest would hold title of heir apparent of Potter, the second son would heir apparent of Gryffindor. Or the regent could allow his oldest son to absorb the Gryffindor line into his own. Leaving his second son nothing. This often happened when the father died before his second son could inherit.

I know I a bit late with this logic. I an descendant from a second son in Scotland, that second son took up a trade as a cordwinder (shoemaker actually held nearly equal status which landed gentry and could own land as approved tradesman)
The son son migrated to the colonies, and moved to an area near Carlisle, Pa. there he married a native woman, had lots of sons and those sons established a series of trading posts from Carlisle, Pa to what later would become northern Georgia. Most of the family still speaks Cherokee in private. Yes we tend to marry within the tribe and are mostly Native American, descent but I still carried the name from Scottish nobility, even though that nobility title is defunct.
Nanz chapter 30 . 10/8
More pretty please
Newtinmpls chapter 8 . 10/7
This is a delight to read. I love intelligent Harry. I do miss Hermoine; as my favorite fics are when they both unleash their IQ's - but that would probably be 5 times harder to write.

I also was fascinated by the whole "present...but not voting" thing and perhaps its a bit of a black mark on my own sanity that I thought it was cool, and really don't care if it's weird or not.
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 10 . 10/4
Omg what was the thing you always wished someone would say to Snape?
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 8 . 10/4
I've never been one for first person narration but I actually don't mind this!
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 5 . 10/4
Nooooooooo you've made Sirius bad too! Hahaha. Love this! Love the Moody twist!
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 4 . 10/4
Wish Harry could just be with Sirius. Dumbledore's such an ass
TheGreatDebator chapter 1 . 9/18
A great read. I hope to see an update. I also LOVE how you haven't tried to force a romantic angle. Some fics do better without and I appreciate yours for not going the route of love sick/struck shipper. I'll follow just in case.
Latarra chapter 30 . 9/18
Great story. Love the science and theory.
Pathseekerme chapter 30 . 9/15
Wonderful story! Have really enjoyed reading this and would like to read more as you are an amazing writer! I really appreciate that your characters interact with each other like real people would. I think that is fantastic! Good job!
jmw03u chapter 30 . 9/10
This is a wonderful story! I hadn't come across one where Barty Jr mentored Harry before. It was really interesting. Although I have seen the Harry-grew-up-sneaky-because-of-the-Dursleys before, you did a really interesting character twist with the Dumbledore changes his personality thing. With him not fully healed, it makes you wonder how much of the "real" Harry we are seeing now, even after he realizes what has been going on. And even after he manages to fully heal mentally, how much has his "new" character imprinted on him and influenced who he will be in the future. For example, now he is friends with Hermione and Neville - which the original Harry probably wouldn't be. That will likely impact him in the future.
xiu chapter 30 . 9/3
i hope you do not give up this story is my favorite hoping that one day there will be a sequel. I did not find it anymore and I finally managed to find it you are really a great writer and I hope that one day you will have the opportunity to write an end because I love this story it is wonderful and the well-written stories are rare and I hope that the following will come soon, I'm really looking forward to reading the following a new chapter soon please?
4,036 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »