Reviews for Of Gods and Men
Anon chapter 33 . 6/19
Amazing job with this. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I thought at one point You were going to take Azula back to a dark place, but appreciate how you explored her choices in light of both Ozawa and Aang.
AraelDranoth chapter 1 . 6/9
Most intense first encounter I've ever heard of.
dumamoja chapter 33 . 5/20
I regret that I can only like this once. it was an incredible journy from start to finish. You did such a good job at portraying Azula's, almost reluctant, change of heart.
WOW! This was an amazing write! It's like reading what really happened to everyone in the Avatar world. Loved it!
Meazm chapter 33 . 10/31/2016
Good story ! Azulaang for love !
pyro-rocketeer chapter 33 . 10/2/2016
This is by far one of the best, if not the best work I've come across on this website. I don't say this lightly.
You kept Azula in character, a very difficult character to write. It's remarkable how you managed to maintain her character without compromising her as Aang's trophy wife. You maintained her character through the criticism without falling into the pit most authors fall into, lacking self-awareness. That was great. I especially liked the part where you acknowledge Azula saying, that her worth apparently lies in the man she's with.
Impressive.
I enjoyed her development a lot. I have to congratulate you on actually writing an ending where she manages to remain a "liar" and stick to her word of "betraying" Aang.
I'm going to move onto Aang. Thank you for acknowledging the fact that he can be less direct, a lot less diplomatic compared to her. You have Azula's cruelty a place in this work where most people try to make her "good" or "part of the Gaang." She's compromised as a character.
Your character building skills are strong. Also, thank you for acknowledging Ursa's neglect and emotional abuse.
All of these are compliments, but I would have personally loved to see Azula and Iroh's interaction. But I guess that would lead to a trap that you've been trying to avoid, "daddy issues" and therefore projecting a need for a father-figure on Iroh. I love your Azula. I love this piece. Congratulations on finishing it! I don't have any criticisms because this was everything I personally wanted in a story or I would write.
SirEnsoic chapter 33 . 7/5/2016
Amazing (TT)
SirEnsoic chapter 10 . 7/5/2016
this makes me love AzulAang even more
SirEnsoic chapter 9 . 7/5/2016
I just want you to know that I love thus so much.
SirEnsoic chapter 8 . 7/5/2016
I haven't slept since yesterday's power nap and I told myself to sleep after reading one of your later fics but man oh man it's currently 8:51 am right now and I regret nothing. I love how you kept them ICthis is just so beautiful
SirEnsoic chapter 7 . 7/5/2016
lmao this is lit
SirEnsoic chapter 5 . 7/5/2016
skdhdksksksks can't contain the feels right now yes yes yes ! and it's only the fifth chappie
Abraxos chapter 33 . 7/3/2016
I just wanted to post this review to say thanks for the amount of effort you put into this story. It doesn't take long to notice how much thought you put into these characters, ESPECIALLY Azula.

I've always placed Azula on the tier of characters that are extremely difficult to write about with out taking liberties and potentially risking them going OOC. I've been toying with the idea of an Avatar fic with either Aang/Azula or Aang/Mai and I've decided on the former since their interactions have so much potential for exploration.

Anyway, I'll end it here by saying you are a gifted writer and presenter, and I am eternally grateful to you for utilizing your skills for others to enjoy. Thanks.
KorpaKejsilic chapter 33 . 2/17/2015
Amazing! Thank-you so much for writing. So goooood.
Yaoifornow chapter 33 . 2/9/2015