Reviews for Deny Thy Father And Refuse Thy Name
Silmarien chapter 2 . 6/6/2002
Finally! A well written fic with an actual plot! I'm so happy to actually get a chance to read a very good fic, since I've spent all day looking for a good fic to read, and most of them are terrible and pointless. I'm very glad that all of your characters are in character, and I'm very interested in this story, so keep writing!
jasminesoftlyspoken chapter 2 . 6/6/2002
Its offical I am hooked on this fic! (thats not something I do often) I am hoping the title is not refering to the out come of Sev telling Harry who he is and that everything will be OK in the end. Please update soon
Myr chapter 2 . 6/5/2002
I must say... youa re very good about talking about something without letting anyone know what you are talking about. Do please continue soon.
Constantine1453 chapter 2 . 6/5/2002
Piri,

Thank you for the lovely mention. Again, I am constantly in awe of you. You have brought Harry's realization that he's "like us" into focus - and while it took me a little while to figure out *exactly* what you meant - it was painfully obvious eventually. How well it's written, and how accurate it could be is left to the imagination, but not too much - which is good.

The Harry/Snape interaction was so very well done - you have Severus down to a science in the fic so far. From the moment the chapter began to the end, he played his role well, his mask up during class and down to an extent when he was with Remus. It's the little things that get me - his treatment of Harry in class vs. how he truly feels about him - and how he reacts to the news that Harry is gay.

One of the great things about this story so far is that it deals with the emotions surrounding the whole gay thing - Harry hates himself, unless I read the chapter wrong, because he grew up in a decidedly homophobic household, and that's all he knows. Many stories do not deal with that, and it's good that you've decided to deal with it.

The questions raised by this chapter are many - the photograph of (James & Lily, perhaps?) as well as what Severus was doing 17 years ago - we have a scant knowledge of it, and one can only begin to wonder what all of them were doing. How Sirius fits into all of this, and how Harry will deal with the issues that he's feeling will all be answered in future chapters.

All in all, again, a great chapter - lighter to an extant than the first - more proactive rather than self-reflective. It's good to vary them, and you do that so very well. I think that this could turn out to be your best work yet - after all, I am an angst prince - and this fits the bill so nicely. Not that fluff is bad - but I think that after all that Harry's been through in the past 7 years, angst is the way to go for most things. :)

Have a good night, and I look forward to chapter 3!

C.
MidnightDragon2 chapter 2 . 6/5/2002
I like this story so far lots, keep up great work!
whtlily2 chapter 1 . 6/4/2002
very sad. :(

but still a great story.
Constantine1453 chapter 1 . 6/4/2002
Piri,

I am in awe of you. The first chapter of Father/Name was just amazing. It was reflective, and contained enough action and plotline to keep the reader interested. Sad about Dean/Seamus, but then, this is a war. I would think, knowing you, that it would be important somehow - and it probably will be. How is another issue altogether...

As to Harry - huh. I think you've hit the nail on the head with this fic Piri - Harry is perfectly written, combining all that we know and love about him with a reflective period in his life that he will aquire. Your characterization of him is very in character for him, and I can only wonder what you have in store for him...dropping some hints already I see. :)

And Sev/Rem - very cute. Loved the three-way banter between they and Sirius - so wonderfully written. I am curious to see who/what the statue is of, it may not be important, but who knows? The banter was extremely well done, and the 'only imagine' line was something that, given his history with Sev, he doesn't want to think about in the least. Remus, playing the peacemaker, helped to keep things under control, which was also good. Were they going to an OotP meeting or something? One can only wonder.

Overall, this fic is a little...darker than some of the others. More pensive - which is good. And moody - loved the rain scene. So very thoughtful - and Harry, as I said, was so IC at that moment. The darkness of the fic so far comes from the shading of the scenes - perhaps this being a challenge fic is where it comes from? What is the challenge? #3? Will you post the guidelines?

Amazing. I think this is your best work yet, honestly. Bravo to you - and 50 points to the house of your choice. :)

C.
Demeter1 chapter 1 . 6/4/2002
Interesting... I'm a little confused, but I honestly felt for poor Harry. Of course he would suffer horribly. He would blame himself for every single death that happens in his vicinity and he would never blame anyone else... well, maybe Voldie, but that's not the point. _

Sev/Remus? Harry/Draco? And... please, the other fic! I so want to see the ending!
Jasmine-Softly-Spoken chapter 1 . 6/4/2002
Wow I was hoping you may take this challenge, I love your stories so far and it looks like I'll love this one too! Great beginning can't wait for the next part
Exes and Ohs. 2 chapter 1 . 6/4/2002
*whistles* this is SO freakin good..it's great..hm, was that Sirius and Remus with..Snape? Man, hurry with the next part, I wanna read it..
Desert Jewel chapter 1 . 6/4/2002
this is really good! U have a lot of talent! Pleez continue this soon!
mandrake-o chapter 1 . 6/4/2002
you know, i've read all these responses to severitus' challenge, but i've never actually bothered to read the challenge itself.

anywayz, this looks good (like most of your stuff) although i'm upset you're not finishing that other one at the moment. oh well... i'm assuming somewhere in time you're going to repost it and finish it. )
Dana Phearson chapter 1 . 6/4/2002
You evil person individual.

Very good beginning, but you must give us more!

Dana