Reviews for Survivor's Guilt
Izzi89 chapter 3 . 3/5/2013
Awww no, I wanted a happier ending! (it's really a miracle that you pulled that reaction out of me, since my absolute favorite type of endings are sad ones :P)

You did a really good job writing that nightmare.. My favorite part would be "Trying to make my life easier. Yeah. I'm not buying it. You're never that considerate, you asshole," ..that one XD

Wonderful work my friend, i really hope you write more :D Good luck with any future writings!
Izzi89 chapter 2 . 3/5/2013
Cool, I enjoy reading your style very much :D But wow, you set them on fire XD

What struck me as odd, was that the wastelanders weren't wearing masks, and yet they still weren't dead.. The other thing being that Red kept calling Snippy blue eyes, before he removed his mask.. And lastly, why didn't the gasoline barrels explode?

Other than that, awesome stuff ;)
Izzi89 chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
A set up for a good story, I'll read the rest another day when i'm not this tired of seeing words :P

What bothered me here, is the swearing.. While i usually frown upon excess use of swearing, in the last story, oddly, it didn't really bother me.. Instead i found it fitting, in the extremely dangerous and infuriating situation.. However, here, i found it uncalled for.. The situation, while totally ridiculous and enraging, really didn't need all the swearing in it.. that's just what i thought..
The fight bit seemed a bit unusual too, maybe it's because i don't think of Gromov as an aggressive person.. I don't see him attacking Snippy for insulting him.. but whatever, it's your story..

Anyways, with that said, i enjoyed reading this.. and look forward to reading the rest soon.. Good work :D
GelibeanH20 chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
CATFIGHT!
vitaly s alexius chapter 3 . 7/23/2012
Engie's nightmare scene is gold!
Keep it up, I desires moar.
595 thumbs up
Tem chapter 3 . 7/20/2012
Glad to see it back!
Really cool chapter. The dream sequence was truly terrifying. Good job on it! Also, I liked the tension between characters. I wonder, where this story is going.
Keep it up!
toeki chapter 3 . 7/21/2012
oh, now gromovs fear of fire begins to make sense for me.
to chase away the nightmares, you need to be content with yourself and your past, and i doubt a gun can help with that. you cant shoot nighmares :(

a good read again. saw some minor typos while reading, but nothing seriously wrong:

"But as Gromov tried to brush by him and back into the building, the sniper deftly the engineer by the hood of his parka. "Nice try. But you still have to explain yourself.""- a word is missing here

"how he looked like he was constantly on the verge of nodding off during the day but was too afraid of the depths of his own mind to actually fall sleep."- fall Asleep
temarcia chapter 2 . 6/11/2012
Nice action scene. I liked the tension in it. Also, your characters and thir background story seemed interesting (I'm glad they're not dead).

Keep it up!
toeki chapter 2 . 6/3/2012
it is a pity that you dropped the ironic narrating tone of the first chapter completely. but it was still a good read.

i like how you made your ocs believable, gave them a backstory beyond just being evil. i like how you describe snippy as being not afraid to kill anymore, but still afraid to die.

i wouldnt call this an AU, because i think it is legit to give the characters a backstory, as long as this story does not directly contradict canon. i think it is fitting so far. engies phobia towards fire is an interesting touch here.

the scene were red comes so close to snippy and talks into his ear is very intense, it made my skin crawl as much as snippys.

i also like that engie gets a chance to fight and save snippys ass.

i only found one typo:

"How his badly hands had shaken when he was taking the shot at Red,"- " his" and "badly" need to be reversed.

and i think normally snippy would have caught fire in the burning room, with the gasoline all over him..that was a bit unrealistic. but the rest was a wonderfully intense wait for more.
LiquoriceLaw chapter 2 . 6/2/2012
Damn, that was intense. Your OCs are well written and you actually gave them motivation beyond "we're evil". I also like how Engie did something useful for once. Sterling job, I can't wait to read the rest.
Sol4rpleXus chapter 2 . 6/2/2012
Good job :) keep it up.
eight 0f hearts chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
Wow... I thought temarcia and I had created a mean OC in Armadillo Man, but Red and Ratface take the cake xD I've always found the hostile human villains more interesting than creature/mutant villains... I like how yours are kind of sympathetic as well.

And yay! Engie had a BAMF moment.

Great chapter! I kind of want them to get back to safety and Captain but at the same time it's so fun being mean to them xD Whatever you go with I will enjoy though.

Amazing writing as usual :)
toeki chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
very good. i like the ...ironic? 3rd person narring tone of the story. im curious what youll come up with.
Sol4rpleXus chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
Good job, I found the brawl really funny. :D

When will the next chapter come?
eight 0f hearts chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
*flails wildly* Coming back home to find this was the best thing that's happened to me all day. I swear, reading it made my pounding headache go away. I'm going to ramble incoherently because I am struggling for words right now.
THIS WAS GLORIOUS. Just... everything about it... as I said on your last story, the absolute LAST thing you need to worry about is OOC-ness. They're fabulously in character. Especially Captain. "Operation Sneaking Ninja Team Building Exercise is now in effect. And bring back delicious noms, or else you will FACE MY WRATH. this line had me grinning like a loon; it was so Captain.
There can never be enough Snippy-Engie interaction and you write it splendidly. I love Snippy's thoughts as well... just your choice of words and everything... your stuff is so delightful to read, honestly. It just flows really well and is so entertaining.
I love the setup to the story as well... because I'm a sadistic person I can't wait for it to all go horribly wrong.
Okay... long review is long and rambley... as for constructive criticism, there are some typos in there but I won't insult your intelligence and point them all out for you. A simple proof read should suffice, maybe in a couple of days time (because as everyone knows when you've been writing a story and reading it over continuously you end up not noticing the typos).
In any case, MARVELLOUS work, I hope I'm not annoying you with my constant ranting, and I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the next chapter. You've inspired me to stop sitting around on my lazy backside and get started on my own stories as well, so thanks for that too xD