Reviews for The War
Kendra Dhyanna chapter 1 . 2/25
wow!
Jenna chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
That was awesome! The characters are true and the story was engaging. Keep writing!
EllaEleniel chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
I love this one-shot, and I'm totally about to get all English creative writing grad student on you. ;) Okay so one of the things I love the most about this story is the epiphany. Short stories are supposed to yes, tell a story, but they also need an epiphany by either the main character or the reader. I love that in your story the epiphany is for the reader. Snape tells Harry he is a liar, which Harry takes at face value. As readers, however, we know Snape is telling the truth here. He is a liar. His entire role in the war is based on him being a good liar. This scene plainly tells Harry everything Harry should consider when thinking about Snape in the times to come. Obviously, if this is meant as a sidepiece that sticks with canon, Harry doesn't. Harry accuses and more importantly believes Snape kills Dumbledore as a true Death Eater. Harry never takes into consideration that Snape's actions may be part of Snape's spy act. To emphasize the situation you have Snape reminding Harry "This is war," with war italicized, reminding Harry and also the reader what people will do during war that they normally wouldn't.

The length of this was perfect, too. Short but is full of impact. I'm left with a reminder of the epiphany of this story, which is the true test to measuring the success of a short story or not. Excellent job. If this story was an original piece of fiction, I'd totally recommend you send it in for submission, but of course a Harry Potter literary fanfic journal does not exist.