Reviews for Bright Horizons
NVMF chapter 21 . 6/10
I really enjoyed what you've written so far. I have to admit (as much as I adore Anne) I liked Frederick's chapters more, although I did love Anne's work at the orphanage. All of these events are much more interesting than balls and soirees, etc. I am glad, however, that in your reality Anne is making valued friends and acquiring trusted staff. That Baron is a sketchy character...what's his deal? And I'm assuming a chapter was planned to explain Simon's thwarting of Lucretia's scheme, which would have been amusing. I do like Simon and Laura, and Fletcher, and all of the crew of the Asp. You have excellent and memorable OCs. And all of your historical research is put to good use.

I see that you haven't updated in quite awhile... That's too bad because what you have done is great. You're an amazing writer with an eye for period detail. Hope you do finish one day!
TiaMaria710 chapter 3 . 2/15
Your passages on Anne's grief are too real. It seems to come from a great understanding. My dearest friend list her son suddenly in November. She talks often of not knowing how she can go on. Nights are awful. You seem to write this most accurately.
Mrs Tompkins's speech about the tree was beautiful.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/6/2016
I lovr your style of writing and where the events of this story are going.

PLEASE keep on updating... It is too wonderful a story to quit.
Sophia the Scribe chapter 21 . 1/17/2016
Hello!
I have truly enjoyed this story, especially the tales of Wentworth as a captain, and I was wondering if it has any hope of being continued. I would like to see where you would take it!
Blessings,
Sophia the Scribe
Pier chapter 21 . 11/14/2015
This story is really a gem in my opinion. I would like so much to see an update soon, more than one to tell the truth ! But last one was one year and half ago so, will we see one someday soon ? It would be sad if the author stopped it.
janashe chapter 22 . 6/9/2015
the appendix is very interesting.. but I would love more of the story!
ProfessorPedant chapter 17 . 2/3/2015
I am enjoying the story. And looking forward to reading more. Just a quick history nitpick - Buckingham Palace did not exist until 1837. In the story's time period it was Buckingham House, originality the home of the Duke of Buckingham, or The Queen's House, home to Queen Charlotte. Queen Victoria was the first ruling monarch to call the Palace home.
janashe chapter 21 . 2/1/2015
After such a delightful chapter I am definitely hungry for MORE!

I do hope you will be able to update soon
Elaine chapter 21 . 1/12/2015
Will you be posting the next chapter eventually? I would like to see your unique twist on the ending. The story, thus far, has been fun.
CMM chapter 21 . 11/9/2014
I just happened across your story over the weekend while in search of some Persuasion fanfiction. I read until there was no more to be read and was quite disappointed when I realized the story was not yet finished. I will be coming back quite often to check in on your progress. As I am the type of person who has trouble putting a book down once I begin, this waiting will be difficult! I look forward to more.
ElizabethAnneSoph chapter 22 . 10/22/2014
Wow what a good story! Even if my heart was breaking for poor Anne in the early chapters, I am delighted with her friendship with John and Sylvia! But her family, my god I would have freaked out at them trying to arrange my life! And the small detail about Mr. Darcy was utterly funny, and gave a good laugh! Now Wentworth better discover the plot on him, - seriously why can't Lucretia just marry her friend Simon and be done with it?! Wentworth belongs to Anne and nobody else! The Appendix was So helpful to see how wealthy Wentworth would be today! I do hope this story is to be continued because it is very very good, and I would like to see that Wentworth gets back to Britain and Anne WITHOUT a wife so he can offer his heart which is even more hers than 2 years before when she almost broke it!

My deepest compliments on your story
Skydancinghobbit chapter 21 . 9/3/2014
Oh that wretched women I do so hope that particular room belongs to someone else, least our poor hero is going to find himself in sticky waters indeed. Hope to see another update soon!
BlueNynaeve chapter 21 . 7/18/2014
Thanks for updating. Can't wait until there is more! Love the tension created by this Lucretia and how she could be a forerunner to Louisa in canon. As in I could see Frederick subconsciously harkening back to her machinations to try to make Anne jealous in JA's novel.
bettikus chapter 21 . 7/17/2014
Really love your story, everytime I discover a new chapter I become giddy like a little school girl. I can honestly say that your story is my favourite in this genre. You capture me with your idea and your way of writing, completely suited to match the time period. Oh god! I'm fangirling... Point is, good work! I'll be waiting for the next chapter. Patiently, with a smile that is :)