Reviews for You Can't Always Get What You Want
nintendosegasonyguy chapter 4 . 6/8/2012
"C-walk"? Catwalk?

So did David ever dance with Flower Girl, or did Kizuna steal him away for the rest of the night? And what did he do to Kizuna to make him go through a window? Weird...thank you, by the way, for at least mentioning Kizuna. Glad I'm not the only one who still remembers her.

Heh. One of the best parts of the chapter is Sue's interaction with Paulo. I just found that a nice touch.

I REALLY liked the Daisy and Paulo interaction, all throughout the chapter. You've got it spot on. :)

My only minor complaint is that I think you could've added a bit more to the night. Like Sue's reaction to seeing Paulo and Daisy arm-in-arm, or what happened that caused David to go through a window. I assume the latter was caused by Kizuna's clumsiness...But then again, the main thing is about Daisy and Paulo, and that worked immensely, here.

How long do you plan on having this story be? I can see a lot of potential problems being caused when Abbey, Augustus, and Tess appear during Freshman year. It'd be interesting to see what would be changed if Paulo and Daisy were together by that point. Let's not even start on how that would affect their relations with Mike and Lucy. Wait, hold on...

Aw...I just noticed the story had the "Complete" thing on it. Well, that sucks, but I still enjoyed it while it lasted. You did a great job overall. I hope to see more to come soon. :D

10/10
nintendosegasonyguy chapter 3 . 6/8/2012
You are quite a frequent updater. Please continue to be. :D

If I were an innocent bystander, I wouldn't be so quick to start laughing at Paulo after he ran off. I'd look to the source of the problem, David, and call him a dick for whatever he did. But then again, I assume the gymnasium was pretty huge, so I doubt anyone really noticed or cared.

I really like where this is going, between Paulo and Daisy. It's setting up to be really romantic.

Nice job, man. Keep them coming. :D
nintendosegasonyguy chapter 2 . 6/6/2012
So the dance begins...

I really like how everything feels so natural through Paulo's eyes. You really capture the perspective of an eighth-grade dance through the eyes of an eighth-grade pervert. I almost forgot that Paulo didn't stop being like this until after he met Tess and she taught him how to be more respectful towards women...

I especially love when Paulo starts cursing Mike's name. Like seriously, you've got Paulo down to a tee. I just hope Paulo dances with Daisy by the end of the dance.

Heh, oh Paulo...stupid move. David has already marked his territory. Surely he knows of Paulo's phobia of barking, but he uses it as a weapon anyway. Sigh...

On to the next chapter! :D
nintendosegasonyguy chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
It's been a while since anyone has written a new BCB fanfic...period. Let me tell you, you did NOT disappoint. I love this story. :D

I like how it's in Paulo's perspective. You stick closely to the type of language he has, while still supplying enough detail so that we know what's going. It's kinda hard to do that, but you got it.

The setup is very promising and worthy of a lot of great moments. I really like the exchanges between Paulo and David especially.

I assume this story will turn PauloxDaisy...I never felt that that pairing got enough attention, given a lot of it being implied early on, so it's nice to see a story like this explore it. I like the fact that it's taking place in 8th grade, before all the drama with Abbey, Augustus, and Tess.

Needless to say, I'd love to see more. :)