Reviews for Crescendo
thebellowingpixie chapter 41 . 2/18
This was so much fun to read from start to finish. I loved the idea of Sebastian devouring souls without the excuse of being a supernatural being. Ciel's was adorably haughty. The other characters were done so well and fit in perfectly in your AU. The plot twist where Ash was the cultist I felt like I should have seen coming but was too caught up in the moment reading your story to try and skip ahead or figure it out ahead of time. I enjoyed reading this so much. Thanks for writing!
beingzen chapter 39 . 1/29
I don't know if I had already written a review for this story but it was so good that I couldn't help myself. This is the second time I've read this and once again I loved it. It was easy to ignore the typos and mistakes as well which is usually very hard for me. Honestly, keep writing.
Breezies chapter 41 . 12/1/2013
The very moment I saw the title, I knew that what I was going to read was going to blow me away. You did not fail to disappoint. I am rather happy that I was ale to read this after you completed it as I have no idea how I would have lasted between updates, I admire the readers who began this journey with you. I finished this in one sitting - I pulled an all-nighter because I couldn't stop reading. I do not normally read mysteries as I sometimes cannot get into them as much as I would like, but this one... I am glad that I found it in my browsing of stories.
Your pacing of the story was well done and appropriate. You didn't rush through things which I am rather glad for. This truly felt like a mystery unraveling before my eyes. And though I am not usually a fan of fillers because most do not tend to give substance, your interludes could not be classified as such. They accomplished what you set out to do- flesh out parts of the story and the characters. The reader is forced to move alonso with the characters in this sense and the interludes really helped in the pacing I feel.
The characters... I want to gush at how well you used them. Down to the very backbone of the plot you ran them down to the ground and I mean that in a good way. Sebastian and Ash weren't the only best feeding off others. Your very plot gave life to the story from the characters. You were so true to the characters, I felt compelled to write a review to applaud you for your very successful efforts. One could say the characters were OOC at times, mainly in regards to Ciel and Sebastian (as they are the main characters, spotlight is directed on them even though e others weren't really static), they weren't really OOC for all intents and purposes. You kept them true to the story. Nothing was unbelievable. They are dynamic characters and are prone to change to the beat and rhythm of the plot. However, I have to direct my attention to Ash and Aleister. It was just like Black Butler, that I almost threw my tablet at my door when all was said and done. I was slightly appalled at the fact I hadn't figured out some of these details, but that is the point to my reading this and ending up with loving this because it was beautifully written from the details to the dialogue. Ash and Aleister played their part to the very end and that it was really hit me for a while. Lau as well. When the true was said and done, when Lau bowed to Sebastain after telling of his betrayals, I basically banged my head against my wall from the sheer masterpiece of the web you had weaned with your words. I don't think I can articulate just how you made me feel while I read this.
The only problem I had with this, was Vincent's part. I cannot understand how he hit someone like Angela, even though she was committing suicide, and just drove off to be pursued by Ash. I can see the all the parts played to a T, but I cannot understand how and why he just drove off. I had almost hoped for an interlude in the form of a flashback with him or even Rachel, though mainly for Vincent. Ciel's escape is also a mystery that I wondered about. However, this is a mystery and normally stories leave something to be wondered about.
Thank you for writing this and I would like to say that I very much enjoyed reading this!
DiscoLau chapter 41 . 11/2/2013
This review will undoubtedly be a bit different than your used to. But I ask that you here me out.

To start with, I have not (yet) read your story.

I wish to emphasize the word yet, as I do have every intention of doing so. But this will surely beg the question of what qualifies me to leave a review. It is a fair question. And an answer I hope you will find satisfactory.

My partner has read Crescendo. My partner had read Crescendo no less than six times - more times than the manga even! And since that first reading, I have been regaled with you words. Some snippets were read directly, while other sections were talked about in a much detail as the few parts I have read over-shoulder. In the car, at restaurants, and everywhere else you can imagine, I was being inundated with the tale you wove. I believe it fair to say that I know your story well enough to pass judgment without having even read a single chapter to completion.

And it is amazing! You have really captured the heart and souls of the cast, even when set in an alternate reality. Each is unmistakably genuine and true to form, even while portraying a setting and a course of events that are completely new. I found myself constantly (and pleasantly) surprised, only to realize that you presented the only real possible outcome. I think this remains true to both what the loyalists expect and the fan-girls hope for. I applaud your work, and can only hope that one day I might pen a tale (Kuro or otherwise) that is equally inspirational.

But just in case you still harbor doubts that I could grasp your story well enough from another's telling, then I shall happily refer you to my partner dedication to this very tale: Tempation. Good writing, friend!
Little Fausto's Lullaby chapter 40 . 10/9/2013
Such a great talent, my dear; and such a beautiful story, too. "SebasCiel". This is my favorite original true pairing of all times; I'm deeply in love with this two characters since the very first moment I started watching the Black Butler series. God, it just tasted like heaven to me... the sceneries, the ingenious dialogues, that vicious grin always festooning Sebastian's features. Damn; the fucking greatest plot ever. And, I must admit; I really enjoyed this fanfic. You played the roles so well; you kept both of them inside their twisted, sick, mischievous and also (how paradoxical!) enchanting true nature, psyche. And that, let me emphasize, IS AWFULLY HARD to get. I swear, you should buy a typing machine, some caffeinate-steam cigarettes and a tick-tocking phonograph... and start making a novel of your own! Good luck, and congratulations, this was a marvelous fic!
LilacSoul chapter 5 . 9/5/2013
I don't know how you did it, but this work of yours amaze me with the light, elegant tone and yet every word seems to hide a deeper meaning, a heavy but unseen weight, casting a gloom over the entire story which perfectly epitomized the dark theme of the fiction.
Silverwing26 chapter 41 . 8/22/2013
Oh my word the ending was beautiful, thank you. I worried, I admit it... that it would have a tragic ending. This is Kuro after all... and I've read Lay Me to Rest, which was brilliant by the way, but tore my insides out.

Cresendo however, had everything. It was funny, scary, creepy, poignant, and lovely. You are an extremely talented writer and I thank you for sharing that talent with me. I am very impressed with the way you write characters. I had no doubts about who they were, and many of them, (Sebastian, Ciel, Undertaker, Greggie) jumped off the screen at me. I'm awful at reviews, but I wanted to share my thoughts with in you a place I figured you would see them. Thank you again.
Silverwing26 chapter 11 . 8/21/2013
I've been reading this story on and off all day now. I keep returning. You've certainly got me hooked. I, seemingly like Ciel, keep changing my mind about Sebastian. My compliments!
LilacSoul chapter 41 . 8/7/2013
Oh My God
This is soooooo good!
Sure, it's like the longest fan fiction I've ever read, but it was DEFINITELY worth the time.
I LOVE YOU, BlankInkStains, so...
Care to write more fan fictions? *puppy face*
Kuro-Otaku292 chapter 41 . 8/1/2013
OMG THT WAS EPIC!
Lau is supr confusing I didn't gt the plan till the last moment and undertaker wad epic as always but wht I don't gt is u rated thid M but their was no CielXSebastion yaoi apart from fluff but expect tht everything was epic
merllet15115 chapter 41 . 6/24/2013
This fic was a work of art in and of itself. You have me in tears, it was so good and beautiful and oh my goodness. Fantastic job!
Bryan Tanya chapter 41 . 6/6/2013
Awwwwww! I really loved this fic :D 3
FluffyRobi chapter 41 . 5/22/2013
I spent three whole days reading this fic with a passion! Thank you so much for writing it, and I hope you continue on other works!
Crystalbutterfly04 chapter 41 . 4/7/2013
This is very beautiful! Nice job!
Guest chapter 41 . 3/24/2013
oh. my. god, this is amazing