Reviews for I Was An Abyss Once
My Misguided Fairytale chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Ooh, I liked your approach with this. It's so different, seeing TKB as the more dominant one, and it made for a great read and some really lovely writing. The ending, especially, was well-done, and you carried all of the metaphors and similes well. :) Good job on this, and keep it up!

Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
Chicary chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
I loved how you wrote Bakura; he's like this ephemeral thing that brings shadows with him. Details like this: "The Thief King goads and he's speaking like he's crushing souls between his teeth," made the fic come alive for me and really brought home the macabre setting you've created.

It's like the Thief King, dark as he is, can get so much worse, which is a headcanon of mine for these two as well. Great job!
Doubleplusgoodduckspeaker chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Ayyyy, I know that song you used for the quote! *excited for some reason* :D

I really liked this. I was so drawn in right away with the tone of it... it was like you took the reader and whispered a secret right in their ear, sharing this story in confidence with them. With the mention of Yami Malik at the beginning, it made the story more self-aware-we as readers know who he is, we get it, and I just really liked that. And the rest of the story was fantastic as well, I was just so impressed by the beginning :DD This was so great! Thank you for writing this!
OxEyed chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
Oh, I quite liked this! The descriptive writing was incredibly well done-gorgeous, even. It's the sort of story that's very experiential and sensual in nature, which is impressive, given the spiritual nature of the setting.

The metaphors were flawless, especially in those last few paragraphs. The repeated comments about voids and the nature of an abyss-I love these kind of stories. Well done!