Reviews for The End of the Road
achievableformofflight chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
I really love the idea of John actually going along with Sherlock's last request, even though he doesn't believe it. It's a wonderful and very-John like kind of loyalty.

But that bit about his last request made my heart crack a little, not going to lie, oh goodness. Really felt for John there.

Wonderful chapter, looking forward to more!
ebhg chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
"Sherlock was dead, smashed on the pavement, his mortal remains had begun the process of decomposing which surely he regretted not being able to observe."

I love that:) I could see Sherlock lamenting the fact that one's own decomposition was unobservable!

I love Molly here, and her interaction with John.

""He called me John half the time," she confessed. "More than half, probably. Did you know he did that?"

"Yeah, he seemed to... not really realize if I wasn't there. Thought I'd hear him anytime he had anything to say. Well, any orders to give, more likely.""

Absolutely lovely:)

ebhg:)
SeenaC chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
Oh my goodness, this was a great chapter!

Your description of John's spiral of regret is so heartrendingly real. :-(

I absolutely LOVED the interaction with Molly. You really have a wonderful grasp on her character, and I commend you for including her in this story.

Very excited to see the next chapter!
saysesydo chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
I love this! Please continue!
R.Harper chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
Oh John :-( you've written his pain and upset so well, I really felt it.

Another great chapter; you've left so much open to question, and I'm so excited to see where this goes...
Openhome chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
I can't tell you how happy I am, and how incredibly impressed, that you've started a Sherlock Holmes story. Such a wonderful beginning! I can't wait to see where you'll go with it.
Indredi chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
No need to be worried! this is starting out quite well! You've always had a very lovely style, and a firm grasp on what makes a good story tick.

I really love the line: "Merely another entry in the infinite series of inappropriate requests issued by the Holmes brothers that John was apparently powerless to refuse? Nope, not an infinite series, he corrected himself." it is very poignant.

I look forward to where you take this!
Lady Dragona chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
This is certainly an interesting beginning to the story. I wonder where it is going. I look forward to the next installment.
SunriseSerenity chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
A nice start- I look forward to seeing what you do with this. You captured Mycroft's voice very well. SS
ebhg chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
"Merely another entry in the infinite series of inappropriate requests issued by the Holmes brothers that John was apparently powerless to refuse?"

I love that line! I can just see the expression on John's face as he has this massive internal struggle that he *knows* he's already lost. Excellent character interactions, and lovely visuals.

" She scooped up a load of earth from the heap nearby and spilled it into the empty space. It made a surprisingly loud sound when it hit the coffin."

I think that sound rang through my ears as I read it:)

I'm excited for your first Sherlock story, and I know it'll be great!

ebhg:)
R.Harper chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
Oh, John *sad face* This is really well written. I love your portayal of John being unable to move onward fab.
I want to know if Mycroft has an ulterior motive...
SeenaC chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
Oh I am so excited about this story!

Great first chapter, Mycroft and John are perfectly in character.
Very interesting set up with Mycroft initially seeming surprised over collecting Sherlock's things from the flat. And then leaving it up to John to decide when (if?) it will happen. It's almost as if Mycroft is sending John a clue.
Looking very forward to the next installment!
achievableformofflight chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
Wonderful start, really looking forward to where this is going! Don't be nervous, if the rest of it is written as well as this you'll have no problems at all :D
148 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10