Reviews for The End of the Road
ebhg chapter 4 . 6/6/2012
Ahh, the plot thickens!

"Time and again John started to speak, to point out an item in the newspaper or an interesting passerby. He forgot Sherlock was gone, but it happened both ways. He forgot, thinking for a moment that his friend was still in the next room or just a step away or could turn up any minute."

I love that John still expects Sherlock to just show up places:)

Now, who could have possibly fallen off that bridge?

ebhg;)
SeenaC chapter 4 . 6/6/2012
Another lovely chapter. Your depiction of John's grief is very realistic and also very much in character for him.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the next chapter will bring the return of you-know-who! :-)
Lady Dragona chapter 3 . 6/4/2012
This is making me wonder why he wanted everyone to think he was a fake when he really wasn't.
Lady Dragona chapter 2 . 6/4/2012
It is interesting that John is left to clean up after Holmes - and pass on the things he wanted to tell people. Especially those he was close to.
Bjornsdotter chapter 3 . 6/4/2012
What can I say that I haven't said before...I just love your stories! Imagine my excitement when I saw the alert for a new story. I was thrilled to see that it would be about Sherlock. I've always been a huge fan, from Rathbone, Brett, Downey and now Cumberbatch. I'm addicted to the BBC series and the movies. Thank-you so much for sharing and as always, I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
saysesydo chapter 3 . 6/4/2012
I like it! But I'm a little confused as to where it's going. Maybe make longer chapters?

Please update soon!
ebhg chapter 3 . 6/4/2012
I really love this chapter. I really think that DI Lestrade would have this reaction, and that he wouldn't be afraid to admit to John that he considered Sherlock to be more than a professional acquaintance. I also particularly liked that they swap stories like John was a respected member of the police unit, and not just a co-consultant.

"I really can't…. can't cope with the sympathy. Nothing wrong with it, I know it's genuine and everyone means well. But it doesn't help."

So very true, and so very well said. Love this!

ebhg:)
R.Harper chapter 3 . 6/4/2012
Oh, good for him- go on John!

You make my heart hurt/squeal.

LOVE how this is turning out.
SeenaC chapter 3 . 6/4/2012
Wow. I just can't express (because I'm not the writer you are!) how impressed I am by this chapter.

This convo between John and Lestrade feels so authentic that I could see it in my head down to the last detail. Not many writers can do that for me.

Loving this, and eagerly awaiting more...
Dark Sparrow chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Come to think of it... why WOULDN'T Lestrade have been at the funeral? I mean, he was Sherlock's friend. He never actually doubted him, not even at the end when he was forced to make the arrest (otherwise he wouldn't have warned John they were coming, giving Sherlock a chance to escape).
Dark Sparrow chapter 2 . 6/2/2012
This is wonderful. Not many fics have dealt with the 'immediate' outcome of the fall, the little details like the funeral and the cleaning of the flat and fulfilling the 'request'. I assume Lestrade is next in line for a conversation. Poor Lestrade, can't even imagine the guilt. Anyway, very interesting. I'll be waiting impatiently for more! :)
goddessofvolcanoes chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
To Justine's readers: If you thought this was good, wait until you read the rest of the chapters! If you've read anything else by Justine, you know that she is a fabulous writer and will catch your attention and not let you down. (I've had the privilege of previewing some chapters but even I am in suspense about how the story will end). I particularly liked this chapter because it showed off John's and Molly's characters so well.

(John) We never even..." He trailed off.

(Molly) "Never even talked about me."

He was silent for a moment, but there was nothing else for it. "No. I'm sorry."

(John) "Yeah, he seemed to... not really realize if I wasn't there. Thought I'd hear him anytime he had anything to say. Well, any orders to give, more likely."
KeelieThompson1 chapter 2 . 6/1/2012
I love the way that John chases his thoughts around his head. And wouldn't Sherlock love to be able to examine his own remains - I can see him having an odd fascination with his own brain!

Molly and John in this were lovely. I can just see the pair of them cleaing out Sherlock's things - they're probably the only people that can cope with what Sherlock probably has in his room!

I'm not sure how to say this because it's a good thing but might be taken the wrong way so bear with me...I love how aimless it is. John really is struggling for something to anchor him after losing Sherlock and that's so clear to see throughout the chapter. It's a really clever technique and it really makes you feel for John. I love how he is trying to follow Sherlock's instructions because there is nothing else he can do at the moment.

Great job, can't wait for an update. :D
KeelieThompson1 chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
You have some wonderful lines: "Sherlock and the concept of peace had nothing to do with each other" being amazingly perfect and apt!

I love the quiet grief of it all. John's wariness of Mycroft is wonderfully shown - Mycroft was going to take whatever he liked from John's posture..." I never thought of the deuctions as being so akin to theft before and how John only accepts Sherlock doing it.

Fab start :)