Reviews for The End of the Road
Guest chapter 15 . 6/3/2013
great job!
Skyfullofstars chapter 15 . 5/3/2013
"..."That's fantastic."

"So I've been told." Sherlock was trying for an offhanded tone, but John saw a genuine smile.

Sherlock's explanation here is, as usual, brilliant, and I loved the fact that you let him take us, the readers, through it along with John.

And Kudos that Sherlock was just a bit sad that Mycroft hadn't been "roughed up." LOL.

And the ending line? Perfect!

Thank you so much for an enjoyable read - well plotted and well written.

Skyfullofstars chapter 14 . 5/3/2013
"...it would be infinitely easier for everyone if the bullets came from a weapon he was authorized to carry.."

LOL, okay this is NOT a funny moment. However, I do so love it when writers point out that John usually carries a highly illegal firearm around with him. And would necessarily face several years in prison if he were discovered with it on his person!

And I liked how you pulled John's thought processes into this - which is a very human thing to do at this point. Do I say anything? And if so, what exactly? And John remembering how Sherlock answered his own question: if you were being murdered...

"...John didn't need or want to hear it again, ever."

No, John, we don't want to hear it again, EVER!

"...Jim is gone, but I've made sure he didn't lose."

Chilling presentiment that!

And oh God, I loved what John said as he pulled the trigger! Very well done, this chapter!

Skyfullofstars chapter 13 . 5/3/2013
I have been away from your lovely story for some time and I do apologize, but needs must.

And here we have the confab we've been waiting for, where the four of them -Yes, let's not forget Anthea! - discuss their plan.

I do have to say I'm a bit either dismayed at Sherlock's plan here or just a tad worried.

And I love this bit, where Anthea puts them in their place: ""Her," Anthea said. Her eyes swept the three of them, confirming that she had their attention. "Alexandra Gustafsson." She pulled out an iPad and began tapping the screen.

Loved the last line - so very Lestrade!

and ONNN to the next chapter!

todo-mahem chapter 15 . 12/15/2012
Well written and a solid story! I enjoyed the read :)
Noble Korhedron chapter 15 . 8/15/2012
Heh-heh! :-) I haven't seen 'Sherlock' but this was good regardless. I just had to keep imagining Benny and Martin as Holmes and Watson. :-D
librarianmum chapter 14 . 8/12/2012
I loved this story. The plot was well worked out and you'd obviously spent time researching it, which is great. I'm a bit of a Johnlock freak, but actually I really liked the fact that this was all about friendship. And it was different too - often the reunion fics are very angsty, so it was nice to see a little bit of tension but John essentially getting on with it...because that's exactly what John would do.

In fact, I can imagine Moffatt taking this kind of approach with the first ep of series 3 (or Gatiss, I think, is the one writing the first).
Skyfullofstars chapter 12 . 7/27/2012
"...John was surprised when the attack came through window, but not as surprised as the intruder when John leaped on him as he bent over the figures lying on the bed in the dark room. John made the most of his advantage and the conflict was over quickly."

I JUST BET HE WAS SURPRISED...never underestimate a determined soldier...particularly a determined John Watson !

The bit using the man's mobile to trick his people into believing he had John and was bringing him along was smart.

And I liked the bit with the Jaguar. Good call!

But the biggest surprise was poor Lestrade...when he found out Sherlock is alive and well .

Loved the twist at the end...! Mycroft...as hostage!"""
Skyfullofstars chapter 11 . 7/27/2012
"..."Nothing." Sherlock stepped into the bathroom and began splashing water onto his face. He looked up, and their eyes met in the mirror. "Just cosmetics. Bring those two in here, would you?"

"What did you do to them?"

Sherlock grinned. "Played drunk, of course. Your lad out there let me get too close. I injected him when I stumbled and fell against him. Then I made him radio his partner before he passed out. Really, the caliber of people Mycroft employs does not give one confidence in the future of the Commonwealth."

SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT SHERLOCK WOULD HAVE THE UPPER HAND...didn't doubt for a minute!

"..."I shall check in with you again later, and of course you will hear from me immediately if I have anything of an urgent nature to report." With that Mycroft ended the call.

John looked up and met Sherlock's eyes, wondering if he was going to show any reaction to hearing his brother's voice, but Sherlock's expression was perfectly neutral.

"We're going to need a new code phrase," he said, clapping John on the shoulder and heading back to his position in the hallway.

LOL..I'M SORRY...I just love the reference to Vatican Cameos...and that they will now need a new code phrase.

In answer to your question: are you crazy spending time on researching tiny details..let me reassure you...Sherlock readers are extremely intelligent AND eagle-eyed. Trust me...if you DON'T spend time doing your research, not only will they not fail to let you know...but any mistakes on your part, as author, even small ones, serve to take your readers out of your story and you never want that to happen. So yes, spend the time!
Quend chapter 15 . 7/11/2012
This story is very well written - and yes, an epilogue would be great! I'm glad you've joined the insanity that is the Sherlock fandom, and I hope you enjoyed your visit and plan to return!

Keep writing!

Quend
Pilikia18 chapter 15 . 7/10/2012
Just found this story thanks to a mention by KeelieThompson1. I couldn't stop between chapters to write reviews because, well, I just couldn't stop reading :-) I really enjoyed the plot and how you captured the characters. Well done. Would love to read an epilogue!
irishphoenix89 chapter 15 . 7/8/2012
Really good ending, I love the interactions between Sherlock and Watson, very much in character.
I like the deduction part as well, its rare to see them written well and I imagine they are near impossible to write but you did a good job.
I think an epilogue with John's blog would be good but if you decide not to write it or it doesn't work then the story is still ended very well so be proud of your self...
irishphoenix89 chapter 14 . 7/8/2012
Sherlock with an Australian accent... I like!
Really well written and played out and I loved Watson's deliberations at the start; having only just got his friend back and going straight into a dangerous situation he's still too British to say anything emotional, very British...
irishphoenix89 chapter 13 . 7/6/2012
Not the best plan in the world is it but then what else would you expect from Sherlock and John. I love how Lestrade just knows what John would choose and he's so right John would do what ever he can regardless of his own safety. Part of what makes him so great I suppose.
irishphoenix89 chapter 12 . 7/6/2012
Didn't see that coming but then I didn't think anyone would ever be stupid enough to take Mycroft hostage. I imagine they will regret it.
I am now heading to youtube to look up those ads...
163 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »