Reviews for Family Survival
KatzeIason69 chapter 4 . 11/12/2014
oh please add more to this :)* i really want to see what happens to them.
1Dcrazy14 chapter 5 . 9/6/2013
David chapter 5 . 4/2/2013
I've got a brother as well - Scot. He's my twin, my brother and the best mate in the world. If anyone tried to hurt Scot, I'd kill them. I love Scot to bits.
brenda chapter 3 . 9/3/2012
confused? I love this story only one question. You have there hands already untied and then at the end of this chapter they are untieing them. Did i miss something... great story though i read it over and over all the time... keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/10/2012
very good lots of Joe owies... ( i love)
Jay chapter 5 . 6/21/2012

First of i loved the story! It was actually one of the best brotherly love stories i have read so far, but there is one thing i would like to say. With the way you had them act it seemed as though they should have been slightly younger than what they were. I love how you keep there orignal ages to stay true to traditional hardy boys, but the hange in age would have been good. Other than that amazing story.
unobtrusivescribe chapter 5 . 6/1/2012
Awww- I'm so glad they reformed their brotherly bond! I couldn't believe Frank's hostility at first, but then i'm glad he apologized and realized how much he cares for Joe:) Great story!
Maddi Paige chapter 5 . 5/31/2012
I'm glad the boys worked out their issues. I'm suprised they didn't have more tension between the two in the series. This seems like a real, honest to goodness thing that would be likely to happen in real life. Good job!
Vinsmouse chapter 5 . 5/30/2012
Nice to see the boys worked things out. Good job.

Vinsmouse chapter 4 . 5/30/2012
You haven't mentioned anything other than the head injury in the last couple of chapters. Don't forget the other injuries you gave Joe. Given the way Joe is acting I'd say definite concussion, that can make you emotional and out of sorts for lack of a better term. Other than possibly forgetting the other injuries, not a bad chapter. The flow could use a little work but you're getting there.

Vinsmouse chapter 3 . 5/30/2012
The description of the emotions is better but you need to be careful with the way the action plays out. You have them reaching for each other and Frank messing with Joe's hair, then Joe swatting his hand away. That's a good playful scene but then right after that you have them scooting closer to each other so they can untie the ropes holding them. If they're tied up how are they able to reach out with their hands, mess with hair, etc. You see what I mean? Again the writing quality has definitely improved as has the emotional interaction. Just have to watch out for those details.

Vinsmouse chapter 2 . 5/30/2012
Plenty of action. Nothing like some danger to make a guy rethink his attitude. ;) Try not to hurt the boys too badly.

Maddi Paige chapter 2 . 5/30/2012
Gasp! Poor Joe! Stop being mean, Frank, or Ill get you. Keep writing!
Vinsmouse chapter 1 . 5/30/2012
Interesting start. Sure hope this gets worked out, it isn't like Frank and Joe to fight like this. I mean sure siblings can get on each others nerves but Frank isn't usually this hateful. You've really got me curious as to what has happened to cause this. It's obvious from not only the behavior but Laura's remarks that there was some event to cause this strain in the boys' relationship. The writing quality has certainly improved too, good job on that! :D

I do hope you're not going to completely follow a certain reviewer's advice. Just because her relationship with her sibling wasn't so good doesn't mean all siblings feel that way.

It is true that boys aren't usually real emotional and mushy but Frank and Joe have always been close. They remind me a great deal of my two youngest who are only 2 years apart and have always been supportive and protective of each other. I never had any trouble with either of them being jealous of the other or feeling the need to compete for my attention and I think Frank and Joe have a similar relationship. I think Laura would have done as I did...make sure each is given time and attention and involve the older in the care of the younger in small ways when they were little, like handing her diapers for instance. This, I am convinced, is why my two have always had, and still have a good relationship.

Looking forward to more.