Reviews for Into the Long Night
Beautiful story!
Sue Turpen chapter 5 . 1/24/2014
Very sweet story.
Cristy W-S chapter 5 . 8/26/2013
Very amusing to have Adam wake up and almost immediately go at it hammer and tongs with Alissa! smh! That she almost forgets to tell the family that he's awake is rather amazing, but very much Alissa. She does get caught up in the moment sometimes.

Loved all the individual responses as they react to seeing Adam awake and coherent once more. Joe made me laugh, and Hoss almost brought me to tears once again. Adam is right - he does have a wonderful family!

The ending was perfect. Such a joy that the horse was allowed its freedom.

Raising a congratulatory dram of Glenlivet 21 in your honour, Sierra Rose! It's been a pleasure to read such a lovely, touching story! Any story with Adam in gets my attention, but this one was truly special! :)
Cristy W-S chapter 4 . 8/15/2013
I've happily treated myself to another chapter, and have once again savoured it like a glass of Chateau Lafit-Rothschild Merlot! Can't believe there's only one more chapter left to this beautiful, emotionally charged story. I really hate to see it end as I've relished your touching, introspective look into how much Adam means to those he loves, but on the other hand I do want Adam well again! :) It's just such a treat to have a front-row seat as they share their feelings. Adam is such a private person who is famously uncomfortable with such things that we rarely got to see anything like this. Perhaps that's why I like 'The Crucible' and 'The Honour of Cochise' as they illustrate just how much Adam means to the family - so enlightening.

I have to say you've created such wonderful ambiance that adds so much to the story - the chair creaking under Hoss's weight, birdsong, the early morning sunshine, and the 'unkind night' (btw, LOVE that quote!) yielding to the morning with its new beginnings. Well done, you!

Hoss and his simple, poignant prayer just about did me in. It almost made me forgive him for those times he lost his head and attacked Adam over Reagan and Helen! LOL! But seriously, it was lovely and sounded so very like Hoss, especially the bit about him comparing members of the family to the spokes of a wheel. Practical, down-to-earth Hoss - he's a treasure, that one.

Alissa's approach was very in character as well - tender and loving initially, then allowing her anger to come to the surface. It seems to have worked and Adam responded as only he could! It was perfect to end such tension with the comedic touch you created. It was cute as she replied to him casually before it hit her that he was awake. Very sweet moment. :)

Looking forward to enjoying the final chapter, but I think I shall save that pleasure for next week. Thanks again for sharing such a brilliant story. :)
Cristy W-S chapter 3 . 8/11/2013
Oh, Sierra Rose 22, I am so enjoying this story! :) In fact, I'm enjoying it so much that I'm savouring it like a fine wine, drawing it out and only reading one chapter every couple of days. :)

But I had to stop and comment on this chapter. OMG! How in the world did you get into these guys' heads! How ever did you manage to have them express their feelings exactly as I imagine the characters would do? It's amazing!

Joe almost had me crying along with him as he reminisced about growing up with Adam teaching him and looking after him, and the later years when he talked to him about girls. Awww! So sweet and so heartfelt when he said that he would always needed him in his life. He speaks from the heart, that one! :) I can just picture him sitting there holding his hand as he talks to him...

I was simply gutted over Ben's musings. Poor man. You can really feel his pride in his son with every word as well as feel his pain and fear at seeing his son lying gravely injured. Very powerful writing on your part! You have him recognise that Adam didn't have much of a childhood and grown-up responsibilities were heaped upon him such a young age - I sometimes wondered if Ben took all that for granted. I would have been so disappointed if he had done. Adam was a remarkable, exceptional boy from a very early age and I'm happy he sees that.

The reference to events in 'The Ride' confirmed something for me that I felt watching the episode. Even though Ben denied it when asked point blank by Adam, I got the feeling that Ben doubted him about Bill Enders. I think Adam did as well or he wouldn't have asked. Nice insight into Ben's thoughts on the subject.

Brilliant chapter, Sierra Rose! Beautiful, sensitive writing that helps me understand the Cartwrights a bit better.
wandamarie chapter 5 . 11/14/2012
wow it was a great story hope you write some more i have in joyed all of your stories thank you
wandamarie chapter 4 . 11/14/2012
wow great work keep up the great work
wandamarie chapter 3 . 11/14/2012
loving it thanks keep up the great work on to chapter 4
wandamarie chapter 2 . 11/14/2012
wow it is a sda chapter thanks
wandamarie chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
another greta story thanks on to the next chapter thanks
Ann from England chapter 5 . 9/9/2012
This story has a slightly different feel to it than the others. I really liked the beginning when you describe the small daily routine of Ali getting up and hearing about her clothes and other everyday things. The action scenes - as ever - are vivid and bring everything to life. What I thought was really revealing though was how you brought the thoughts of Ben, Joe and Hoss into the story. It was really nice hearing them look back on different times in the past with their brother. This was a really good story because it kind of filled in a lot of gaps for me to explain why the different members of the family behave as they do. The ending was just perfect - I do not think I would have wanted it any other way than for the horse to be set free.
ilovebonanza1964 chapter 5 . 7/25/2012
It's so funny how Ali is scolding Adam that he rode the stallion. And she is right, it is not fair that he could do everything dangerous and she has to ask for everything she wants to do.
And I liked it when she was laying on Adam's chest and she was feeling his strong arms. MMMHh! And he gave her a dimpled smile. He is so great and Ali too.

What about her promise that she will TRY to be a proper lady? Do we have to worry about her attitude? I don't think so. She said that she will TRY.

Oh, it is so romantic.

The story had a fine ending.
TRUMAN'S SHELL chapter 5 . 7/17/2012
Sorry, it took me so long to read this and review. I'm so happy that Adam is fine and that he let the horse go. That is something I know Adam would do. I agree he has the best family ever :)
debbie55 chapter 5 . 7/17/2012
WOW! This was a GREAT story. I think Alissa gave it to Adam so good, that when he was out of it, it was her lecture that woke him up. LOL Leave it to Alissa to wake up the unconscious. LOL I LOVE them two, and I think Ben and the guys love her too. She is sooo sassy. FULL of LIFE. I CANNOT wait for the next go round with them two. Adam and Alissa keep my heart jumping a step ahead. I think Ben has to step in between them two at times, BUT this is sure fun to read. Sometimes you shock me Sierra, AND I LOVE it. KEEP those stories coming. You have a Gift of writing about Adam and you MUST share. LOL. Thank You for the great stories.
Skarlettgirl chapter 5 . 7/12/2012
Alissa a proper young lady? Not in this lifetime honey! That gal has way too much sass to be proper, LOL! Really loved how you ended with the stallion it was the right thing to do I think. Another fabulous story my friend!